Author Topic: Prayers and Thoughts  (Read 412767 times)

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
  • NEVER YIELD - NEVER QUIT
Re: Prayers and Thoughts
« Reply #480 on: February 12, 2007, 09:15:22 PM »
Keep deemonand her family in your prayers. Grampa is in the hospital once again.  :'(

Offline Taryn

• Finding happiness in glitter and resin
    • Handcrafted Designs by Taithleach
« Reply #481 on: February 12, 2007, 09:49:01 PM »
they are already there, as I talked to her earlier... ~sends more huggles to her and her family~

Offline Thalia

• I Belong to Cyrano
« Reply #482 on: February 13, 2007, 09:50:59 AM »
Pop-Pop has some sort of a stomach flu which has caused extreme nausea and vomiting.  He went to the E.R. yesterday afternoon, where they gave him an anti-nausea pill.  Turns out he was allergic to it, so they gave him Vicadin to counteract the reaction.  (Whatever happened to good old Benadryl?) So THEN he became delirious and wanted to rip out the IVs and go home.  My Mom was there to calm him down, while I babysat my grandmother, who has Alzheimer's.  They finally admitted my grandfather -- all of this took place in the E.R. waiting room bed -- around 11 p.m. 

Mom spent the night with my grandmother so I could get some sleep and at least work part of a day; and now I'm on the Mom-Mom watch, which is why I'm home at this time of day.

With luck, Pop-Pop will be released tonight.

With even more luck, it will continue sleeting and school will be canceled tomorrow!

Living in the land of sun, sand, and Thassa breezes, where the only rule is common sense.  What's not to love?

Offline Ayelen

• ... Annals Blog Updated July 2010 ...
    • MoonProductions
« Reply #483 on: February 13, 2007, 03:34:10 PM »
~slips a prayer in for Pop-Pop~

~still bent in a kneel, eyes beckoning wide and innocent, as i begin my appeal to the Great Snow Lord~

PLEASE OH PLEASE GREAT SNOW LORD ....

PLEASE LET IT ....

SNOOOOOOOOW!!!!!!!
ALL night so that in the morning I can't find my car.

~coughs softly~

I mean.  PLEASE let the bear be blanketed by snow so i won't be so grumbly. Coz bears LUV snow and we haven't had any and the bear is very grumbly.

I promise to behave.

~rises and slips off, uncrossing my fingers behind my back~

Offline Thalia

• I Belong to Cyrano
« Reply #484 on: February 13, 2007, 07:25:50 PM »
~adds my prayer with the others~

Please God, as others are weary with the falling of the white, relieve them of their burden... and bury the dee-mon and talena-bear.  We WANT it.  THEY don't. Two birds with one stone, God, what d'ya say?

Amen.

Living in the land of sun, sand, and Thassa breezes, where the only rule is common sense.  What's not to love?

Offline Ayelen

• MoonProductions
« Reply #485 on: February 13, 2007, 07:30:07 PM »
HALLELUJAH!

Do i hear another?!

Offline Thalia

• I Belong to Cyrano
« Reply #486 on: February 13, 2007, 07:40:57 PM »
Pop-Pop update:

They decided to keep him another night for observation, to make sure the meds are totally out of his system and cause no further allegic reactions. Seems the medical interaction, combined with the force of his vomiting, literally burnt/eroded the lining of his throat.  His voice is almost gone because of it, though there's no permanent damage. He's not in any pain, the vomiting has stopped...

Mom relieved me of Mom-Mom sitting around 9.

Our power went out for no apparent reason, right around 6:30, and snapped back on around 9:30.  I had just dozed off, and now of course I am wide awake.

It's sleeting slightly. ~again prays for a school cancelation~

Offline Thalia

• I Belong to Cyrano
« Reply #487 on: February 14, 2007, 12:50:55 PM »
Pop-Pop did not come home.  He was up all night ill and refused to eat breakfast, so the hospital staff declined to release him.  His diarrhea is such that they have him in adult diapers because he cannot tackle the IV pole quickly enough to make it to the bathroom.  To say that he is depressed about the situation would be an understatement.

Honestly, I don't know when he's coming home.

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
« Reply #488 on: February 14, 2007, 08:03:15 PM »
 :'(

kiah

« Reply #489 on: February 15, 2007, 05:05:19 AM »
~leaves loving thoughts~

Offline kyza{F}mat-tp

« Reply #490 on: February 15, 2007, 09:51:16 AM »
*leaving gentle hugs and whispered prayers*  you are strong sis and i suspect you get it from somewhere so that somewhere is prolly from pop-pop.  he will be fine.  i'll pray for you all.  *kotc*  :'(
~Master's kitten with claws~

Offline Thalia

• I Belong to Cyrano
« Reply #491 on: February 15, 2007, 05:14:54 PM »
Pop-Pop is home. ~soft smile~  He says he feels like shit, and I don't doubt his word; but he has always been the sort who gets better rest and recouperation in his OWN bed.  Thank-you all, mightily, for your thoughts, prayers, candles, and positive energies.

And yes, Pop-Pop is my kindred spirit, kyza... He's my own special angel.

I think I'm going to need a day or two to regain my own energy from the stress and lost sleep, so I might be a tad scarce in camp, but all is well, at least!

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
« Reply #492 on: February 15, 2007, 08:14:52 PM »
 :-* ;)

Offline Ayelen

• MoonProductions
« Reply #493 on: February 17, 2007, 07:06:12 AM »
~hugs my a-s~ 

i'm SOOOOOOOOO glad to hear Pop-Pop is home!!!!!!   He's such a dear!

Offline ~*jale*~ {Lil}

• Soul meets soul on lover's lips.
« Reply #494 on: February 18, 2007, 06:27:28 PM »
Having just read this, I leave warm hugs for my sister and stroke her hair gently hoping to relax her some.  I'm glad prayers have been answered.
Love is an act of endless forgiveness <br /> A tender look which becomes a habit. <br />~ Peter Ustinov ~