Author Topic: What's Happening!! - 8/31/08  (Read 1227 times)

Offline Lindsay Davis

• NY Times Gossip Columnist
What's Happening!! - 8/31/08
« on: August 30, 2008, 11:09:04 PM »
What's Happening!! - 8/31/08
Lindsay Davis - New York Times
=========================
This Week's Gossip
In my columns, politics is all about the mayor and the borough council seats. Who wins them and what their overall lives are like. In other words, who are they sleeping with? I did find it interesting that a discussion about politics, ultimately became a discussion about sex and discussion about sex ultimately became a question of politics. Which led me to wonder, if the two words, in fact, weren't inextricably linked, and if so, can there be sex without politics.

Last Sunday I was home alone for a change, waking up in time to get dressed and head for Central Park for our morning run. Rachel, Mary and Tammi were there stretching while waiting for me, so I brought the subject up and I received some varied opinions.

Rachel scoffed and said sex has nothing to do with politics. Tammi laughed because, although she's decided to no longer do the deed, she spent years sleeping with politicians to draw them into helping her boss garner political support.

Mary, our token romance novelist, said sex plays a major role in business as well as politics, referring to the many characters in her novels that are always wrapped around sex. She pointed out several characters in her recent Central Park novel and the effects sex had in there.

Oh, Gino said Angela had a fun evening with Thomas Quinn on Saturday night. Glenn Foy is back. So is that psychiatrist lady, Shai Isreal. Life moves on for us all.

This was a strange week. Shorter than usual. Certainly not what we always hope for. Come on Buddha, fix this thing.

Entertainment
This Tuesday night, September 2nd at 10:00 pm ET, the Off-Broadway Creative Arts Theatre will be dark as Rachel continues to run her plays sporadically. We'll sit for a month.