Author Topic: What's Happening!! - 9/21/08  (Read 1290 times)

Offline Lindsay Davis

• NY Times Gossip Columnist
What's Happening!! - 9/21/08
« on: September 21, 2008, 11:45:44 AM »
What's Happening!! - 9/21/08
Lindsay Davis - New York Times
=========================
This Week's Gossip
Last Saturday night I spent comfortably at Diego's Upper East Side mansion and I actually coaxed him back in bed when he woke me up around 10:00 on Sunday morning. Since we didn't travel to St. Louis, we watched our New York Giants crush the Rams, 41 to 13, on his huge screen HDTV after he served me breakfast in bed. It was delicious. So is the Silver Fox, trust me on this one, he's every bit as good as advertised.

The major conversations this week were regarding the fact that Lions Gate Entertainment Inc. has arrived in Manhattan to film a movie called "The French Lady and the Hood",  written by playwright Gordon Jacobs.

It's another typical gangster movie with a twist. The basic story line regards Don Vito Gambino (Al Pacino), the Gambino family boss, who wants his sons to marry Sicilian women and produce solid Italian sons to maintain the family heritage. Michael Gambino (Scott Speedman) is currently dating Sylvia Napolia, who's Italian and has the support of  Vito's wife, Anita Gambino. She's pushing to set up a party where they will announce their engagement.

Sonny Gambino (Jeremy Piven) is already engaged to Amy Mancini, a hot little number that has Sonny's full attention. Our own Amy Bilson has the inside shot at playing Mancini and I enjoyed watching her execute a nice try out on Saturday night. I could tell Piven likes her and I can't wait to see the sex scenes promised in this R rated film.

My good friend, Yvette Beauvais, has been asked to try out for the starring role of Genevieve Depaul, the French actress in the films title. Michael bumps into Genevieve in the Four Seasons Supper Club and becomes infatuated with this sensual young lady.

As I understand it, these meetings between Genevieve and Michael will be partially adlibbed with the script only setting the origination points and the end results to suit the story line. I have to wonder if this fantastic opportunity will once more test Yvette's hard line regarding exposure of her "goodies". After all, we've already seen a few "slips" in her modeling career, a little nipple or a grope here and there.

I'm sure there will be very sensual scenes between her and Scott Speedman that might have Yvette's boyfriend, Jason Todd Booty, squirming again a bit. It has to be difficult to watch your girlfriend panting and thrashing around under a handsome man like Speedman. I hope I can use my press pass to watch the filming of those scenes.

I had to laugh at the wild, crazy brunette that showed up to compete with Yvette for the starring role. Turns out she couldn't even speak French, so she shifted gears to try and steal Amy Bilson's shot at the Mancini role. I think the director told her she might get the Roberto "Bobbi" Cavallio role as Vito's mistress. She's stacked and flat out said she'd do anything, anything at all, to get a part in the movie. I picture her as one of those sluts that keep the "made men" happy.

After watching the tryouts on Saturday night, I caught a taxi over to Diego's brownstone since we'll need to be up early to head for the Meadowlands to watch our New York Giants host the struggling Cincinnati Bengal's. I finished my column and faxed it in to the Times before crawling in bed with my host.

Entertainment
This Tuesday night, September 23rd at 10:00 pm ET, the Off-Broadway Creative Arts Theatre will be dark as Rachel continues to run her plays sporadically. We'll sit for a month until we're sure we can finish a ninety minute play uninterrupted.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2008, 12:56:22 PM by Lindsay Davis »