Author Topic: This weekend and coming week! = )  (Read 1446 times)

Offline Thalia

• I Belong to Cyrano
This weekend and coming week! = )
« on: December 10, 2005, 06:55:38 AM »
In just a few minutes, kiddo and I will be heading to Richmond, VA, where we will hook up with my best friend, Elise, and her man, Mike.  After a brief tour of Richmond sights, compliments of Mike, the four of us will be dressing our ritziest and heading to the Nutcracker Ballet!

Kiddo and I will be spending the night and heading out early tomorrow morning with Elise in the passenger seat.  *excited smile* Elise is coming back to Delaware to spend her work vacation with friends and family. It will be the first time Elise has visited Delaware since she moved to Richmond five years ago! 

During her four day stay, Elise will be camping out in kiddo's room while kiddo stays with my parents -- which is where kiddo spends most nights anyway. *L*

Soooo... I won't be online this weekend and most of next week, for a very AWESOME reason.

Living in the land of sun, sand, and Thassa breezes, where the only rule is common sense.  What's not to love?

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
  • NEVER YIELD - NEVER QUIT
Re: This weekend and coming week! = )
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2005, 07:39:37 AM »
ENJOY!!! :-*

Godspeed and safe roads deemon daughter!!

Offline just me

• March babies rule.....life is to precious to waste
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2005, 02:05:37 PM »
OOOOH have a great time sis and pleease drive carefully,
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline familure{TD}

• woobie's mini-me
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2005, 06:36:06 PM »
~grins~...well have a blast hon..and stay safe out there on the roads~hugs ya~

To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift. - Steve Prefontaine

Offline Thalia

• I Belong to Cyrano
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2005, 08:18:26 PM »
Elise, kiddo, and I have arrived back home safe and sound!

The trip down was utterly uneventful.  I arrived in precisely 4 hours, per MapQuest's estimation.  Thankfully, I did not follow MapQuest's sucky directions, which is what turned a 4 hour trip into a 6 hour scavenger hunt the last time...*LOL*  Kiddo was absolutely enchanted with The Nutcracker -- once she stopped squirming and begging to get up on stage and dance herself. *snickering* My budding ballerina wants dance lessons, now.  Horseback lessons and tutus -- oy!  ;)

Still, I think the highlight of kiddo's Richmond mini-vacation was running over and under and through the many glorious hills and paths and bridges and gardens of Maymont park on Sunday.  And then she slept the whole way back. Woohoo!

The drive home was rather... interesting... considering that I somehow bypassed Annapolis and ended up in Baltimore, then had to turn around.  Once I did, I saw the exit I'd missed, and it was home sweet home.  My little detour added about 30 minutes -- and a white hair for every one of those minutes -- to the drive, but no harm done!  And now Elise is nestled in kiddo's bed, while kiddo herself is with my parents.

All's well that ends well -- goodnight!

« Last Edit: December 12, 2005, 01:47:19 PM by ~ delilah ~ {K} »

Living in the land of sun, sand, and Thassa breezes, where the only rule is common sense.  What's not to love?

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
  • NEVER YIELD - NEVER QUIT
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2005, 12:16:46 AM »
 :-* ;)

Offline cat{MTC}

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2005, 03:10:43 PM »
enjoy your trip dee ..hugsssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss