Author Topic: I have CHF [Congestive heart Failure]  (Read 1173 times)

Offline Titus

• HONOR ABOVE ALL
I have CHF [Congestive heart Failure]
« on: July 18, 2011, 11:46:40 PM »
 :'( as of last Sunday what i thought was pneumonia and bronchitis was CHF....congestive heart failure, fortunately i had caught it in time to get it  figured and fixed by my own means
by eating right and cutting foods which i liked very much off completely which i did by emptying my freezer basically. This has set into me now depression for i live on a fixed income, i only get $80 some odd dollars in food voucher and i dont think our state allows us to get stuff from the food bank there with that...im broke as it is in small debt....to the bank....via my visa card which im not usin at this time. Iam in a serious predicamet for i also have medical bills coming bigger than my wallet thx to me bein CHF!  ???

sooo im just lettin you all know that i guess iwill be okay....food is is important, but with me hard to get now.....rent @ 515 (and no im not goin section 8) lol went tyhru housing and really dont like them anymore no matter what. I hope all is with all u my family...for me life has gotten so much more desperate than the norm i am goin to have to try...yes try to find  a way to stay alive right now. love to all

Ted/Titus
Sometimes it helps to stay quiet when the time is right

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
  • NEVER YIELD - NEVER QUIT
Re: I have CHF [Congestive heart Failure]
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2011, 10:27:37 AM »
Bro...

CHF is not a good thing, but it is not a death sentence. You can monitor and to a vast degree manage it.

Drop the salt from your intake. Yeah yeah, I know it tastes good. Tough shit. Better to give up salt now than to taste the maggots and rotting corpse taste with a side of worms after you are buried.

Cut back on fluid intake. Salt causes retention and fluids just build up in your tissues until you litterally down in your own tissues because your heart can not move circulate it all properly.

When at rest, keep your feet elevated so fluids do not build up in your feet and ankles. The heart will pump more efficiently.

When you get your strength back, walk walk walk walk walk walk walk walk walk walk walk walk and walk some more. Get that weight off. Exercise that heart. Strengthen lung capacity.

Check into medical assistance programs. Make regular Dr visits and monitor this situation. With some effort and no other cardiac complications, you may be able to get away with a script for lasix to help keep the fluids down if you do the rest yourself. Get the generic... furosimide. It is really cheap and gets the job done.

CHF is not a mandatory death sentence, but you have to want to survive and work to get better. Once you have it, you will always have it... but you can keep it well under control. Eventually, as with us all, your time will come. High blood pressure, diabetes, chf, etc etc etc will all contribute. Yes. we will die. But the trick is to stick around as long as possible. Remember... there are lots of people out there you have not met, pissed off, and left wishing you to die. *EG*

Offline NightStorm

• WM Tuchuk Council
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2011, 12:32:58 PM »
Bro, many food banks do accept food stamps.

Don't guess.  Make a phone call and be sure!

NS
I am selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes. I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best...~~~Marilyn Monroe~~~

Offline razz|n.o.i.r

• TCP
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2011, 08:50:43 PM »
I second what MrUbar has said..-smiles-..Take care of yourself.
S I l v e r . & . C o l d
Sarant'satsral Onyxbane

IN | T:CP
- P o r t a l . o f . D r e a m s -
-In Mourning-

Offline Mercilayne

• MTC - Vintner Clan Elder
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2011, 05:30:22 AM »
Take care of yourself and remember to obey what the Dr says.

Offline Titus

• HONOR ABOVE ALL
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2011, 12:05:28 AM »
well to tell all im doin good now...im taking my meds some new stuff they put me on...its a little yellow pill is all ican remember now but is a water pill, and i take another one i cant remmeber it either lol, plus some lisinopril for my BP, im off Ticlid for the heart been on it too long, on some new stuff anywhos and iam walking Ubar Brother! did 3 laps around our courtyard in our community..next phase is doin some hills idid one friday walkin to the store! no probs cept the ole legs said HEY WAIT! lol.
i have cut off from real salt and usin Mrs. dash seasoning which tatses great! need to get more! lol, and mock salt (notreal stuff tho it has lemon seasoning or whatever in it)
drinking diet 7up, if i have salty foods its MINIMAL like 1 piece of frozen chicken with veggies lol....

Anyways..I do want to thank you for all you guys support, i do appreciate it and love you all, You aredefinitely family to me...

God Bless

Hai Tuchuk!

Ted
Sometimes it helps to stay quiet when the time is right

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
  • NEVER YIELD - NEVER QUIT
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2011, 08:45:59 AM »
 ;) :)

Offline Mercilayne

• MTC - Vintner Clan Elder