Author Topic: Gender Bending??? WTF?  (Read 3499 times)

Offline razz|n.o.i.r

• TCP
Gender Bending??? WTF?
« on: February 03, 2012, 03:43:31 PM »
I was informed earlier? That another site is now allowing Gender Bending in Gor.

I'm sorry, but wtf? What the hell is happening? That is beyond wrong and bastardizing Gor. Isnt it?

Does this mean a slave can now play a Master? -shakes head-..I do not understand.

((x'd out extra wording. lol))
« Last Edit: February 05, 2012, 10:11:23 AM by -Sarant'satstral- »
S I l v e r . & . C o l d
Sarant'satsral Onyxbane

IN | T:CP
- P o r t a l . o f . D r e a m s -
-In Mourning-

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
  • NEVER YIELD - NEVER QUIT
Re: Gender Bending??? WTF?
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2012, 07:42:40 AM »
For me it comes down to whether or not it is for a specific purpose(s) to enhance RP such as an event, a special RP, etc, having no permanency in everyday Gorean life. Though I suppose in some situations, it could become a standard such as characters wearing disguises and such.

However...

To do it as a matter of normality.... Not in my Gor. If females wish to break out their strap-ons and males wish to ram their dicks up between their asscheeks and forsake their balls, that is on them.

Offline razz|n.o.i.r

• TCP
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2012, 10:14:53 AM »
What a horrible thing to do. I haven't exactly been around Gor since it began? But through the years I wasn't oblivious to it. I don't understand and wont ever understand what the point in doing that is.

Gor has always been strict about that rule, and many others. What next?..Dare i even ask...-shakes head-
S I l v e r . & . C o l d
Sarant'satsral Onyxbane

IN | T:CP
- P o r t a l . o f . D r e a m s -
-In Mourning-

Offline -DC-

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2012, 01:21:06 PM »
I think it is just that some people see it as role play only and don't understand that there are many people who live in that lifestyle.  When I started rping many people in Gor did not rp in any other realm.  There were no Vamp / Fantasy / Realm etc cross overs.  Their character in Gor was in a way a representation of themselves.  It was also a problem that had been run into on some sites by kajira being Moderators of a room.  Some P/people wouldn't listen to her because she was a slave r/t as well as v/t.   

I do not think that it has meant insult or ill will towards A/any, it is simply roleplay to them, nothing more.  All I could suggest is that if a room wishes to retain the old original ways of playing Gor, that T/they make it plainly known on T/their frontpage.

To T/those that still cling to old Gor.  Good luck to Y/you.  I think that's the only time I personally found Gor enjoyable.

Offline Kimba~

• C'est la vie, c'est le Gor.
    • PantherClaw Taluna Jungle Homepage
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2012, 05:05:22 PM »
I'd rather that the gender-benders have a site where they can spend their time, than come sneaking on other Gor sites.

Sophia Vergara had a good line on Modern Family last night:
It's a freak-show.  But it's their freak-show.  Stay out of it.
Kimba, PantherClaw Taluna Jungle, WM

We have it in our power to begin the world over again.~
Thomas Paine

Offline -DC-

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2012, 10:15:46 AM »
That's a really good idea Kimba. =)

Offline Elisa Windrider

• Fire is life....make life burn bright.
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2012, 06:28:57 AM »
the issue on that is if it is for rp only as an npc i don't see how it matters but when you get beyond that and real feelings are coming in the picture then i see it becoming an issue. Cause when you play a diffent gender you run a risk having a person start to have feelings for you over the years. I would hope the person who dose this will be up front an honest who is behind the persona a person it plays. Me personaly i don't support the gender bending for the stand point poeple can get invole r/t easily .
Elisa
Don't Waste Your time looking back, you're not going that way.
    "Ragnar Lothbrok"