Author Topic: Prayers and Thoughts  (Read 410910 times)

Offline Mercilayne

• MTC - Vintner Clan Elder
Re: Prayers and Thoughts
« Reply #1755 on: November 16, 2010, 05:07:53 AM »
Thoughts and prayers are with your friend Medi.

Offline Hippie

• Make Love Not War
« Reply #1756 on: November 16, 2010, 05:17:11 AM »
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your friend Medi. May she have a quick and full recovery.

Peace and Love,
Hippie
SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES - NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS.

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
  • NEVER YIELD - NEVER QUIT
« Reply #1757 on: November 16, 2010, 03:20:55 PM »
Done.

Offline Taryn

• Finding happiness in glitter and resin
    • Handcrafted Designs by Taithleach
« Reply #1758 on: November 24, 2010, 06:21:01 PM »
This is my sister's mother in law:
A thought or prayer for my Mother-in-law who fell tonight. Bleeding around the brain and broken bones in the neck. Surgery when they transfer her. She is 88 and a wonderful woman. She can make it thru with the help of my friends.

This one is for my mother in law, Ray got a phone call from his mother last night telling him that they have learned what has been causing her trouble for the past month or two. Seems that her stomach has stopped working correctly, the muscles aren't completing the digesting of food, meaning it's not pushing it out of the stomach into the intestines. This means that she is now on an all liquid diet, this will go on for a few weeks, if this doesn't fix the problem and her stomach still doesn't restart, then she will be placed on IV feedings, which will mean that she will be placed in hospice care. This is not something she wants to happen, nor does her two sons wish this to take place either, she's too young for this to happen, but then again, this is just another thing on top of a lot of other things that she has had to go through within the last 15 to 20 years now.

So if you could put both of these wonderful women into your thoughts and prayers it would be greatly appreciated. ~heads off to do some more baking, as it's one of the ways that has been helping me to keep my mind off of my mother in law's illness and to keep me from packing up our truck and driving us down to Florida to take care of her, as her husband doesn't seem to want to do that anymore~

Offline Mercilayne

• MTC - Vintner Clan Elder
« Reply #1759 on: November 24, 2010, 07:36:30 PM »
Consider it done sis  -huggles-

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
« Reply #1760 on: November 24, 2010, 07:57:24 PM »
Yuppers, done sis.

Offline Taryn

« Reply #1761 on: November 29, 2010, 02:23:04 PM »
Update!

My sister's mother in law is doing well, the last update I got was a couple of days ago, would have updated sooner, but other things have happened that I haven't gotten around to post. She is resting comfortably. Cracking jokes. Waiting to see about surgery or if they will just use a neck brace. Thanks for the wishes. It helped!

As for Ray's mom, well things have just gotten a little bit more hectic, in a bad way. No news on her stomach, but we have learned that her husband, Ray's step father, lost his job several months ago and she only learned about it Friday, when he was going to the pharmacy to get her medications for the month, he was asking her what she had to have and could without. She was on the phone with Ray's brother, who as soon as he got off the phone with her, whipped out his credit card and called the pharmacy to pay for all her medications. Well this did not sit well and needless to say, the soon to be ex-step father called his step son back and ripped into him saying he had no right to do this, he crossed a line that he had no right to cross and on and on. Sometime during this conversation, he learned he lost his job, not just lost it, he was fired with cause, which means he either stole something from the company or breeched security, which means no unemployment benefits for him. So Ray learned that his mother is filing for divorce and is going to sue for everything her soon to be former husband has to his name, including his house. This is the only time living in Florida, things might go the right way. as he's been paying the mortgage on the house with the money from her social security checks each month, without letting her know. ~really needs to vent, but will hold off going to the insult thread, as I might just cause Rags to have to lock said thread and many people will be livid at me~

Offline Medi

• A Red Savage 2016 Football Champion
« Reply #1762 on: November 29, 2010, 06:45:31 PM »
Leaves prayers for you and yours.
Izee' Greyeagle
Lancer's Woman
Daughter to Puma Greyeagle

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
« Reply #1763 on: November 29, 2010, 09:48:36 PM »
I will continue the prayers for health sis, but I will not pray for harm to another.

Offline Hippie

• Make Love Not War
« Reply #1764 on: November 30, 2010, 05:15:12 AM »
My thoughts and prayers are with Ray's mom and your sisters mother in law.

Peace and love,
Hippie
SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES - NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS.

Offline prism {*RgR*1*}

• Da woobster
  • There are more than angels watching over me
« Reply #1765 on: November 30, 2010, 10:50:46 PM »

Sometime during this conversation, he learned he lost his job, not just lost it, he was fired with cause, which means he either stole something from the company or breeched security, which means no unemployment benefits for him. So Ray learned that his mother is filing for divorce and is going to sue for everything her soon to be former husband has to his name, including his house. This is the only time living in Florida, things might go the right way. as he's been paying the mortgage on the house with the money from her social security checks each month, without letting her know.

Just bites my tongue.. then says.. screw it..

He might have been wrong for not telling her he lost his job, but marriage is "for better or worse, for richer or POORER".. ... An an unmarried cohabitant, I contribute to the household expenses.. .. so what if it is not my house.. I live here. .. If part of my paycheck has to go to the light bill, or insurance, or house payment, or whatever.. it does. 

She lives there, her money should be going towards things there. If she sues him and gets the house, she will still be spending part of her SS money to pay for the payments.. what gain is that?? None.. Just spite and bullshit.

I won't pray for that... sorry.
~*~~*~
Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders & says...

'Oh shit....she's awake!!'

~*~~*~

Offline prism {*RgR*1*}

• Da woobster
  • There are more than angels watching over me
« Reply #1766 on: December 02, 2010, 09:04:44 PM »
I apologize for any derailing of this thread.. It was not my intent to sour the thread.. nor to discourage the postings of needed thoughts and prayers ...

Each and every one of you are in my daily prayers.. for happiness, and love and the strengths you need to get through each day.. that when you can't take steps, God carries you..

I was having a bitter day.. and I apologize for letting that get to my postings..

~*~~*~
Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders & says...

'Oh shit....she's awake!!'

~*~~*~

Offline Taryn

« Reply #1767 on: December 03, 2010, 03:39:55 AM »
woobie, as I wrote to you in PM, I understand, also my words when I wrote them here were written while I was still upset with what we had learned. As well as I said to you in that message I don't wish anyone to pray or think thoughts of hurting anyone, just wanted some good thoughts and prayers for her during this rather painful time, as she's dealing with the upcoming divorce while still fighting for her life due to her stomach ailment, which we learned today, two weeks after she has started the medications, is not doing what it's supposed to do, which is kick start her stomach into working again.

~leaves you a ton of hugggggggggggggggggggggggles, as I know you didn't mean for how your post came about, and you are still loved~

I would also wish to add myself to this thread, as a few people know, I have been dealing with an ailment/illness o still unknown origin. For the past 3 months I have been fighting this illness, going to different doctors and still no closer to learning what might be causing it. Today I spent most of the morning expelling whatever was in my stomach into the toilet and having the worst case of diarrhea I have experienced since this whole thing started. I haven't been able to keep anything down, including my medications, which are supposed to help keep these symptoms down to a dull roar and if things don't settle down by this afternoon, I will more than likely be heading for the hospital, for much needed fluids and other medications that might help ease the symptoms I am being plagued with.

Thank you for reading, as I am now going to lay back down and see if I can get some more sleep, before my stomach explodes on me again. ~leaves a ton of huggggggggggggles for any and all who wish them, as well as a note to my family~ You are loved!

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
« Reply #1768 on: December 04, 2010, 03:19:11 PM »
Could really use some prayers, and good vibes sent this way for my Mother.

She was taken to the ER this morning and it was discovered she will have to have her gall bladder removed. She is in a great deal of pain and is still waiting to see the surgeon. She is not a young Lady anymore and that is what concerns me. Naturally she is a nervous wreck given her age, and when it struck her she thought she was dying.

Until the surgeon sees her, and a game plan is worked out, they are being typically stingy with the pain medication. Two small doses of toradol is all they have given her since early this morning.

My thanks.

Offline Medi

• A Red Savage 2016 Football Champion
« Reply #1769 on: December 04, 2010, 03:38:24 PM »
Rags, my friend, and my Mentor, please know that you are always in my prayers.  I will add a rosary for your Mother, and for you and yours.
Izee' Greyeagle
Lancer's Woman
Daughter to Puma Greyeagle