Author Topic: Prayers and Thoughts  (Read 415725 times)

Offline Dream

• Some dreams are meant to be silent
Re: Prayers and Thoughts
« Reply #2190 on: June 10, 2013, 09:46:09 PM »
My update on Dad.

Dad was moved up to palliative care in the hospital. After two weeks in there, he was transferred out of the hospital and into the hospice. Its a nice place, just opened earlier this year after a major renovation. Dad's biopsy results showed he has cancer of the bowel that has spread to his liver and to his lungs. Dad can no longer walk or even stand up. He can't even roll over in bed without assistant from the nurses. He's weak as bloody hell. Eats very little. Tries not to complain about pain and when he does, he gets morphine. I know he must be lonely in there yet, he keeps saying that he feels guilty about the amount of time I am away from my husband and kids so that I can take mom to see him. He knows my family understands, but, that is the dad I know and love. Never puts himself first, always thinks of others. I guess I can honestly say that I am a chip off the old block. I have cried myself to sleep many a night, wishing he wasn't in so much pain and discomfort. I try to repeat Dad's words but it doesn't always help..."What ever is, is. There ain't nothing we can do to change it. So, we live it until the man upstairs calls."
Dreams are born in the heart and mind, and only there can they ever die...unless someone else stomps on them

Offline kay

« Reply #2191 on: June 11, 2013, 04:14:45 AM »

Dream....YOU are in my thoughts and prayers!  I am sorry to read this about your dad.  May God grant you and your family the strength and peace you need in the days and weeks ahead.  *hugs*

Offline Shylina Marie

« Reply #2192 on: June 11, 2013, 06:30:21 PM »
you have my prayers Dream.  I will continue to pray that the crossing over Jordan is as peaceful for you and your family as it can be when the time comes...
Never Meddle in the Affairs of a Dragon.  for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Offline NightStorm

• WM Tuchuk Council
« Reply #2193 on: June 12, 2013, 04:31:06 PM »
Dream,  I'm so sorry about your dad.  I've been where you are, and it's never easy to see someone who has been your pillar of strength in such pain and discomfort.

Our prayers are with you and your family...and especially your dad.

NS
I am selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes. I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best...~~~Marilyn Monroe~~~

Offline prism {*RgR*1*}

• Da woobster
  • There are more than angels watching over me
« Reply #2194 on: June 13, 2013, 03:49:37 PM »
continued prayers
~*~~*~
Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders & says...

'Oh shit....she's awake!!'

~*~~*~

Offline Dream

« Reply #2195 on: July 09, 2013, 11:27:16 AM »
Dad has been going downhill.  On June 23 the river flooded here, and he had to be evacuated back to the hospital. He was there for 1 week before the hospice could be re-opened. In that 1 week, Dad went downhill so fast that I'm sure it made my head spin. A few days ago, he said to Mom, why can't I just go to sleep and not wake up anymore? It is so painful to hear that. Yesterday, when Mom and I were there, all he did was cry. I have been tryig to be strong for Mom, but there are days that I have crumbled, and days like today, when I have a day off, I had to tell Mom, I can't come to you because I need to be at home for once and get my own work done. That makes me feel like a heel, because I know she needs me, but so does my family and my house. My brother is pretty much useless, never there to help....and now, he is contending with flood damages and working out of town. So, I take some me time, I do my best.

On an up note, I do have some things to celebrate. I have been two months at a new job, that so far, I absolutely enjoy......tomorrow my husband and I will have been married 20 years....and next week, we become mortgage free!
Dreams are born in the heart and mind, and only there can they ever die...unless someone else stomps on them

Offline kay

« Reply #2196 on: July 10, 2013, 03:56:49 PM »

Dream....congrats on your new job and your 20 year anniversary.  Focus on the good things when things get tough.

Please don't mind me saying, but the house can wait and your family will understand that your mom and dad need you in this difficult time.  *hugs*

Offline prism {*RgR*1*}

• Da woobster
« Reply #2197 on: July 10, 2013, 10:30:01 PM »
still more prayers for you doll... love and hugs.. If God brings us to it, He will get us through it. I keep telling myself that every day.

~*~~*~
Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders & says...

~*~~*~

Offline Shylina Marie

« Reply #2198 on: July 11, 2013, 09:13:27 PM »
My Nick has had the third heart attack and by the Grace of God survived.  he has had a 38 mm stint put in.   So far things are going ok.  I am working 50+ hours per week right now so my time is slight when i do slow down enough to take 5 minutes of me time.  I just keep praying myself through one day at a time.
Never Meddle in the Affairs of a Dragon.  for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

kiahMTC

« Reply #2199 on: July 12, 2013, 08:50:14 AM »
Thoughts and prayers for all in need

Offline prism {*RgR*1*}

• Da woobster
« Reply #2200 on: July 12, 2013, 02:59:59 PM »
My Nick has had the third heart attack and by the Grace of God survived.  he has had a 38 mm stint put in.   So far things are going ok.  I am working 50+ hours per week right now so my time is slight when i do slow down enough to take 5 minutes of me time.  I just keep praying myself through one day at a time.

thoughts and prayers
~*~~*~

~*~~*~

Offline Mercilayne

• MTC - Vintner Clan Elder
« Reply #2201 on: July 13, 2013, 02:16:20 PM »
Thoughts and prayers to all who need it.

Offline Taryn

• Finding happiness in glitter and resin
    • Handcrafted Designs by Taithleach
« Reply #2202 on: July 13, 2013, 06:08:07 PM »
Thoughts and prayers to all who need them!

Offline Dream

« Reply #2203 on: July 14, 2013, 08:50:09 PM »
July 14, 1974 I lost a very special man to colon cancer.....my Grandpa
July 14, 2013 I lost a very special man to colon cancer.....my Dad

Offline NightStorm

• WM Tuchuk Council
« Reply #2204 on: July 14, 2013, 11:16:33 PM »
I'm so sorry, hon.  My and flame's prayers are with you and your family.

NS
I am selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes. I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best...~~~Marilyn Monroe~~~