Author Topic: Preparations for Summer Migration  (Read 4069 times)

kelsey

Preparations for Summer Migration
« on: May 28, 2007, 04:49:27 PM »
As the weather turns hotter, we look for signs that the herds will move south to a cooler climate....the wather has ben dry.....storm clouds often seen in the distance but raraely making it to us....the grasses are starting to brown.....supplies are running low (big surprise), as we have not raided a caravan or made a trip to the Point to re-supply......fresh fruit is extremely low....as are vegetables and suls.....the vulo that remain after the stampeded are starting to lay eggs again, however we will not have our usual supply until the flock is repenished.....

Now is the time to begin filling water barrels in preparation for dry days ahead.....check the wagons....make sure the wheels are in good shape, the axles greased...the brakes working.....check the traces for the bosk that will be pulling the wagons....

All women, slave and Free alike should be helping with the preparation of jerky as we must  preserve what meat we can not eat....

All slaves and Free tending the commissary area and cooking have been advised to keep a water bota with them at all times.....the medical staff checks on them frequentlylooking for signs of dehydration or heat exhaustion...

(OOC note - any attempts to re-supply must be done realistically...all scripts should be saved and submitted to a Council member or the Ubar for approval prior to the supplies being accepted for use)

Offline kadi{MTC}

• WM Tuchuk Trainers
  • Tuchuk's lil pouncer
Re: Preparations for Summer Migration
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2007, 05:23:39 PM »
ai Mistress read and understood

gets ready for some very late nights hehehehe
May love and laughter light your days..And warm your heart and home..May good and faithful friends be yours..Wherever you may roam..May peace and joy bless your world.. And may all life's passing seasons..Bring the best to you and yours..

Offline Shylina Marie

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2007, 06:10:22 PM »
mutters.......knowing my friends have decided its too damn hot to stay put any longer.....the walks have gotten longer...
Never Meddle in the Affairs of a Dragon.  for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Offline Taryn

• Finding happiness in glitter and resin
    • Handcrafted Designs by Taithleach
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2007, 10:04:14 PM »
~reads this over and nods~ noted and will help where I can, Sis... also I might make up a batch or two of the peppermint candies like I did last time, it might help keep those out on long patrols hydrated to a point, and not have to drink so much water as they would normally do... it's a thought, that I thought I would throw out...

~heads back to her wagon to figure out how things are going to be arranged, as sometime between now and then I will most likely be giving birth~

Offline Arlon

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2007, 09:03:54 PM »
 *groans under My breath and nods* Will get started immediately, lashing rain barrels, repairing bosk leads, packing bottled wines away for safe travel, etc. ... and stashing an extra medical kit under the wagon seat before everything gets crazy.
  Also, there are a few fresh fruits still left over in the Vintner's freight wagon; not enough to be of real use for winemaking, but enough to make a few bottles of juice for rehydrating people coming in out of the sun. I'll get on to juicing those immediately so that they can be delivered before things get hectic. (Muse or Sah... should I send those to the Commissary or the Med wagon?)

...Arlon

Offline Dream

• Some dreams are meant to be silent
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2007, 11:00:36 AM »
~reads and ponders, thinking, didn't we just get finished migrating here not that long ago..........damn bosk that won't stay put for long~

Will begin preparations when I can
Dreams are born in the heart and mind, and only there can they ever die...unless someone else stomps on them

Offline ariella {*Arlon*}

• in His collar, i found freedom
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2007, 05:26:40 PM »
i have already started making jerky and stocking up on water. i am looking forward to my first migration (sort of, lol) after hearing some of the stories, i am sure i will have a different opinion after, but for now it is a new exciting challenge
"He is Master and i am slave. He is owner and i am owned. He is to be pleased and i am to please. Why is this? Because He is Master and i am slave."

Page 184 - Explorers of Gor

Offline sareem{MTC}

« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2007, 12:41:35 AM »
yes Mistress

Offline Kitya

• Surrounded by a multitude of shadows
    • Kitya's Soap Factory
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2007, 06:22:44 PM »
Oh, it's still fun sareem... *grin* Especially the contest between the FW to see who can kill the most thralls every year!  ::)

I'll start smoking more meat, but I'm not going to be making a big fire... it's just too dry out.

Offline sareem{MTC}

« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2007, 10:00:14 AM »
Mistress....sareem laid larma and tospit slices on a tray on the counter and they were done in a day with this friggin heat....nods....
when do we go?  trunk already packed....winter clothes long ago packed.....

Offline PhoenixKnight

« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2007, 09:59:54 PM »
~reading the post I nod and shake M'head as I useually do~ Aye here we go again ...~chuckels~

Offline Arlon

« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2007, 11:56:19 AM »
Rain barrels are lashed and the lil paga still I've been using has been dismantled and carefully packed up in the freight wagon. Due to the heat I figured that should probably be packed first; I wouldn't have been making any more paga anyways till things get a little cooler. Wine and (when it's ready in a few more days) honey mead will remain available till current supplies are exhausted.

...Arlon

kelsey

« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2007, 04:52:06 PM »
we move when the bosk say we move....(and ST)

Thanks to all for helping with preparatioons....make sure your wagons and the camp wagons are seen to as well....Also make sure to have some of the water barrels lashed to other wagons as one wagon dedicated to water always seems to be the victim of mishap

Offline PhoenixKnight

« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2007, 08:36:00 PM »
~chuckels~ Aint that the truth...

Offline pleasure{MTC}

« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2007, 12:36:37 AM »
pleasure has made an extra veterinary med kit in case of injury to the animals and will be keeping it with her and using the knowledge gleaned from Mistress Kelsey, Master Arlon and Mistress Shylina to help with the healing of any injured bosk.
ill be making rounds to check bosk hooves this week and will check any bosk that need it.
girl still needs instruction on the bosk whip, though.
We have a weight to carry and a distance we must go.
We have a weight to carry, a destination we can't know.
We have a weight to carry and can put it down nowhere.
We ARE the the weight we carry from there to here to there.
-The Book of Counted Sorrows