Author Topic: MacLaaran Herald  (Read 8076 times)

Offline Praegorn

• Lady Serenitee's deepest admirer
    • Praegorn's Path
MacLaaran Herald
« on: June 23, 2005, 07:53:05 PM »
This is the informal posting thread of MacLaaran's Herald, where all the news that's fit to print will be published....or embellished....which ever strikes a better tune with our readers.  ;D

Any rebuttals or differences of accountings are welcome to be published in the Opinions section...subject to editorial review of course  ;D ;D ;D

-Praegorn
 MacLaaran Herald Editor
« Last Edit: June 23, 2005, 08:11:44 PM by Praegorn »
Editor of MacLaaran\\\'s Herald<br />MacLaaran Council member<br /><br />

Offline Praegorn

• Praegorn's Path
Page 1: Return of the Asp
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2005, 08:10:13 PM »
~filling in the gossip column~

quite the topic tonight. 

Apparently, a Ms Asp was the source of several statements gathered from eye witnesses, all in an apparante effort to gain true understanding of this celebrity.  The quotes went as follows:

Sir Kyle {lava} says to ~lava~{K}: Wait.... Asp likes it "on top"??

Praegorn says to Sir Kyle {lava}:  Sir Kyle ... bore witness to the fact that Asp likes it to be topped. Hmmmm!

Sir Kyle {lava} says to Praegorn Eastern Village: Ye can put that   quote me (embellish) in the MacLaaran Herald

Sir Kyle {lava}says to Praegorn Eastern Village: Quote from Asp to Tris.... "wanna these days you are gonna get it"... end quote

The Asp says to Praegorn Eastern Village: And You....SIR...I wouldn't advise eating at the Iron Lance in the near future either. *smiles every so pleasantly* For your own good of course. *makes a mental note not to warn Kyle and just give Elyne the "targets" when I get back*

Sir Kyle {lava}: says to The Asp: Hey...... Ye said those words... and getting Yer name in the Herald might help with the sale o' the Iron Lance

Praegorn Eastern Village: Ye could mention in this week's Herald that Asp is offering it for sale

The Asp says to Sir TristramMacLaaran Ca: Don't get your hopes up, Fluffy. *spins as heads for the door* I'd never bow for you...not enough petticoats in all of Scotland and England to bribe THAT out of me.

Offline Serenitee

• Forever His
Re: MacLaaran Herald
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2005, 07:02:09 AM »
~walking briskly down the streets of the village, a rolled parchment in her hand.  The morning sunshine beaming warmly down upon her curls, as a  soft breeze sends the tendrils dancing about her cheeks.  Heavy fabric swishes against against her legs as she rounds the corner toward the Herald. Stopping for a moment to unfurl the parchment, reading each line.  Satisfied, she makes her way into the Herald....smiling as Praegorn appears~

Good morning M'lord....~she nods and begins to lay out the parchment~

I wish to place an ad.  I should think a week's running time will suffice.

~smoothing her hand over her curls as Praegorn takes up the parchment and reads...explaining that as the editor he must proofread all submissions to avoid any errors or inappropriate material that could lead to liable~

~a sly grin quirking the corner of her lips as she watches him read.  A hand quickly going to cover her lips, quieting a giggle about to escape as she sees his brows raise and he starts to read aloud~

"Headstrong, well brought up lady seeking the company and companionship of one newspaper editor in particular.
 Editor must be willing to join said headstrong lady for an evening of conversation at the Castle.  He must enjoy
quiet times near the hearth while sipping wine and dancing beneath the moon and stars. Headstrong lady is seeking
a lasting relationship in which the Editor and her can negotiate the terms on a regular basis. Lastly, The Editor
should be aware that the headstrong lady is completely smitten with him and can barely stand the time that drags
on slowly, delaying the time they can spend together.  If said Editor is interested, please reply accordingly."

~looking down at her toes as she draws a pattern across the floor. Lifting her eyes to see Praegorn now watching her.  Touching her tongue to her lips before speaking softly~

Will ye print the ad M'lord?.....~reaching her hand to gently caress his cheek with palm~
« Last Edit: August 04, 2005, 07:03:47 AM by Serenitee »
"If it is meant to be, our hearts will find each other when we meet. And if our hearts melt together so will our bodies and souls. Then every word and every touch will fuel our passion flame. I will be yours, you will be mine, and we will be one."

Offline WilliamTaillur

• Life is worth living with the right friends.
    • William Taillur's page
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2005, 08:51:42 PM »
Curiosity abounds .. and starts to fade... wondering how often Prae will be publishing local MacLaaran gossip.
Tis the joyous things we share with our friends that brightens each day. Tis the concern, care and love shared in hard times that keeps life manageable and our friends close to our hearts.

Offline Praegorn

• Praegorn's Path
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2005, 07:59:32 PM »
Prae chuckled, thinking of the guid fun he had with the first development of the Inner News of MacLaaran...the column that dealt with the nae so public lives of the notable figures of MacLaaran.   Now, if only William would return, and with the promised paper shipment in tow, he could begin again the entertainment that the villagers enjoyed reading.

Offline Sir Kyle

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2005, 10:12:53 AM »
Smiling as I await the nest issue of Prae's gossip news.

Offline WilliamTaillur

• William Taillur's page
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2005, 08:53:42 AM »
(extract from William's Troublesome Trip postings)

Nay waiting any longer for William, Port Endinburgh sent the requested supplies off to MacLaaran with concerns that William nay showed at the port.   They also asked if William had returned to MacLaaran.

Among the supplies delivered were:
For Kyle, a barrel each of the 6 common sizes of nails and six wagon loads of iron near breaking point for His carriage Shoppe.
For Serenity, three bolts of Italian Silk to choose one, or pay more and take all three.
For Damiana, three large sachels of  uncommon herbs for Damiana.
For Praegorn, a full months supply of assorted printing supplies.
For Tristham and Gray, half a dozen crates of specialty wines and eight barrels of region specific specialty ales.

After completing business and getting a full nights rest at MacLaaran, they returned to Port Endinburgh.

Tis the joyous things we share with our friends that brightens each day. Tis the concern, care and love shared in hard times that keeps life manageable and our friends close to our hearts.

Offline Aspiring Writer

« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2005, 01:21:16 PM »
*a hand quickly scribbles down notes, as eyes watch from between parts in  the tapestries along the library wall, observing..studying*

October 1, 1318

Tis an unusually busy afternoon at MacLaaran Castle this day.  The lass vanora is introducing a gentleman to the refreshments.  The Lady Alexis and Lady Serenitee have taken "cover" in the library.  The ladies seem to have a fond rapport beginning.

*ears perk up as the hidden one listens to the conversation, marking down any comment that may bring coin from the Herald. The quill quickly jotting down more details. Hoping the ink will hold out for a bit longer*

Lady Serenitee seems to be fond of the library.  I'll never know what anyone can get from reading dusty manuscripts, but ta' each their own I say.

*listening as the women address each other, attempting to scribble down exact quotes*

Serenitee Forever His to Alexis:
"He is doing well.....though quite busy these days.....still working with streamlining the Herald. I swear, the man is a perfectionist.  Some day I am going to bind and drag him from the Herald....
* she laughs*...I may require assistance."
*making a note of the Ladies good humored chuckle after her comment.  Shaking the quill to move the ink further down but missing part of the conversatio.  Shrugging then writing down what tid bit was caught*

Alexis to Serenitee Forever His:
 "Oh dear....believe me...
*Alexis playfully pinches Serenitee*...there's a bit of that in ALL of us....some have a pinch more than others." *seeing Lady Alexis wink at Serenitee*
*nearly choking as more scribbles appear on the parchment, curious just what was missed when trying to make the quill work better, thinking how scandalous this could be if turned...just the right way...hiding a wicked reporter grin*

Serenitee Forever His says to Alexis in a chuckling whisper:
 "The lass should be about into the cooler now. I do nae know how the lasses manage the frigid temperatures in there."

*noting that she must be speaking of vanora in the great hall, who is serving Sir Civil at the moment. Sighing, wondering if anything of interest is ever going to take place between the women in the Library. Having to listen a bit closer as the ladies are now whispering. Catching every other word it seems*

Serenitee Forever His says to Alexis:
"Would it nae be entertaining to have an......where the usual...... were reversed? Perhaps it's been ......before...but can ye.....the.....of MacLaaran serving.....or better yet....the Lords of MacLaaran...in barely there garments....serving."

*muttering quietly as important parts of the conversation are missed, but maybe a little creative journalism will fix that*

Alexis says to Serenitee Forever His:
*the lady clasps her hand over her mouth, seemingly in mirth*......"That would be divine! Or Tris....in little more than his green tights and an apron." *a chuckles erupts from the Alexis' lips*

*paying closer attention, the ink in the quill nearly depleted.  The scrawlings on the parchment becoming harder to see*

"Tris...in a frilly apron...perhaps a ribbon tied in his hair somewhere.
*insert merry laughter*  Sir Kyle in a thigh length chemise....a satin corsette laced around his middle"...*more laughter*

"Of course Prae would have to wear something lacy and blue...tis my favorite color."
*looking around the tapestries to try and see her face.  Surely she is nae serious as she is chuckling*

*brows wrinkling as the ink sputters to an end with the last entry, leaving one bewildered*

Alexis says to Serenitee Forever His:
 "Oh aye, or course...I doubt Tris would submit to anything but green...and kyle...well....lava may prefer him in pink.
  *watching the blatant women snicker and laugh at what appears to be a plan to dress the men of the Castle in women's apparel*

*remaining very still as the women excuse themselves to tasks elsewhere.  The ink on the parchment dry by now.  Folding the parchment neatly then stepping from behing the tapesty, looking around at the suddenly quiet library.  Who would have thought such a quiet room would yield such interesting conversation.  Whistling, sneaking out the back door. Non-chalantly walking the path to the village.  Turning to go to the Herald.  Seeing the paper is closed for the day, sliding the parchment underneath the door.  Smiling and turning for home*

Offline Sir Tristram

• A Rogue by nature, a Flirt by choice
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2005, 02:31:32 PM »
thinks there's a lil sneak roam'n the halls, perhaps a turn on the ole spank'n machine might be in order   ;)

Offline Sir Kyle

« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2005, 06:06:17 PM »
Thinks Tris is right....  ;)

((btw... cute job by the Aspiring Writer))

Offline WilliamTaillur

• William Taillur's page
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2005, 09:20:19 PM »
*tossing hints toward Prae for the next issue* 
William found and rescued...
William sustained multiple abrasions and two spraned ankles ....
survived over a week with only two days food..
William now in Damiana's personal care at the Taillur cottage

Have fun expanding on those thoughts....

Offline Praegorn

• Praegorn's Path
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2005, 12:44:01 AM »
The leading story:

Talk was still had about the Black Douglas and his victory at the Battle of Myton.  His foray into Yorkshire was still being boasted about by proud Scotsmen.  The slaying of many English clergy in the battle though, had some either shaking their heads or others sent others to chuckle over the fate of men who seemed to be of questionable piety in the first place.

Locally:

Lord William Taillur was recently seen to be up and about once more.  Though looking a bit wan still from his experience where he had survived hurt and with little food some hours away from MacLaaran, he was no doubt recovering nicely with the care of his lady, the Healer Damiana Taillur.

Also of note is the petition of Lord Denton, a noble once under the herald of Emaine Mancha, to gain entrance amongst the closely knit MacLaarans.  Arriving with his lass as his entourage, he was given to wait until the next Council meeting to find if his petition was successful.  Some though spoke of Sir Tristram, Captain of the Guard, perhaps inquiring directly unto Lord Denton to see if he knew of the strange disappearance of supplies of liquors during his recent visits.

Offline Praegorn

• Praegorn's Path
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2005, 01:04:34 AM »
Thursday night tidbits

Talk amongst the nobles and gentle folk in the Great Hall centered upon the celebration of Samhain, or All Hallow's Eve as some others, most noticibly, the foreign borne amongst the folk spoke of it.   Takes of spookiness and heart pounding were to be spoken of for the night's entertainment, though the surprise of a visit to MacLaaran's infamous and mostly unknown Dungeon was said to be the night's treat.  Speculation also centered briefly upon demonstrations of devices by Sir Kyle and his lass lava, though more than a few fugitive glances about by different people suggested that it was not only those two who were in on the secret of this location.  Also of mention was a technique of ears by Kyle, upon lava.   Hmmm!   We can only wonder...

Lady Damiana spoke during a time of the virtue of her herbs and their resulting enhancements upon Lord William, after which the Lord and Lady smiled loving at each other...while more than one person there looked in question at their tea, once Damiana spoke of sexual enhancements being the key.   Noteworthy was the rather rushed slurps of drink from the window alcove where Lady Lunar commonly takes her place, followed by a request for more drink.  Meanwhile, Lord William inquired of Sir Kyle if he was in need of herbal help with lava. This despite the latter lord making vigorous motions with his hand flattened across his throat in response, which led others to speculate that perhaps his scabbard might be bare of blade, putting a risk to his line of successors to his carriage shoppe fortunes.

Finally, Lord Denton was heard to make an inquiry of the Men's Apparel shoppe.  Perhaps feeling more comfortable at MacLaaran during his observing times gave him thoughts of fancy pants.

Offline Story mongerer

« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2005, 07:09:26 AM »
Seeing Sir Praegorn finishing his writings at the desk, then leaving for the backroom, the quiet figure slipped in and set a report upon the desk next to the writings, hoping that come morning perhaps in a rush they might be used.

I awoke with a start and quietly cursed, thinking I had missed any happenings in the Hall for the night.  About to step out from my hiding place I froze as I heard voices.  Peering from behind the curtain, I witnessed Serenitee, without bylines, taken into the arms of the notable other and kissed deeply before he stepped back, expressing his thoughts of a wonderful evening and his enjoyment of each moment.

Nearly gasping aloud as I witnessed this, I waited still until he departed quietly, while Serenitee growled strangely, as if she were meaning to purr perhaps?  She then marched out of the Hall and after a while returned, with a bucket in tow.  My mouth agape, I stood and should have been discovered had she looked around, but was instead passed by as she marched up the stairs where earlier the other had gone.  Sneaking up quietly behind her, sensing a story in the makings I stopped as she opened the door to his room and stepped in, then waited for a while before a clanging noise must have meant that whatever passed was completed.

Shocked, I was only just able to grab the decorative glaive from a suit of armor on display nearby and stand to as Serenitee exited, a smirk upon her face as she left.  Again, she seemed to not see me as she rushed out, whereupon I let out a sigh of relief, and wondered what sort of assignment I had hired out for.   Placing the glaive back in it's proper place, I slipped out past a dozing seth and headed towards the village, where I would lay my night's story upon the desk of the Herald with the hopes that I could be published

Offline Aspiring Writer

« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2005, 08:06:30 PM »

*Having hid outbeneath the stairs leading upward into the castle sleeping chambers, in hopes of hearing juicy gossip. Taking notes.  Sir Denton is present this eve.  A kind man he seems to be.  Rumor has it that he has partitioned for permanent residence in MacLaaran along with is lovely lass.*

*Making a new note. Ah, it seems Serenitee has arrived.  Rather unusual for the lady to be about without her normal trimmings and moreso, without her beau Praegorn. Tapping the quill to a curious brow*

*Hmmm, it seems they are discussing clothing for the get together this Sunday eve.  A jovial conversation they seem to be having. Starting on a fresh piece of parchment*

*Well, what do we 'ave here? Sir Denton has left and a visitor arrived. Tis an unusual evening at the castle.  All has gone quiet. Stifling a yawn, looking over as yet another visitor arrives*

*Interesting, another visitor, yet all is still quiet. Time passing by, heavy eyes drifting downward, head jerking up all of a sudden at the sound of voices.  Turning an ear toward the sound to hear better.  Peering out, gasping as the lady Serenitee is tugged into one of the visitor's arms and kissed soundly.  What news this would make.  Taking a closer look as the lady does not seem to be happy at all....scribbling down notes quickly*

*watching the visitor leave then glancing to Serenitee.  Hearing her growl and frown as she storms from the castle.  Looking around to see where she went, curious as she comes back with a steaming bucket in hand, heading for the stairs. Waiting until she is out of sight then following her up. Sniffing the air with a wrinkling of my nose, swearing someone let the cattle in to do their business in the castle. Ducking into an alcove and watching as the lady enters a room.  Suddenly a blunder of metal hitting the floor is heard and the lady emerges from the room with a smirk on her face. How curious, she seems to be angry.*

*scribbling down more notes, nearly being seen as Serenitee passes by to go back downstairs. Waiting until all is calm then piling my notes atop each other then running down the stairs and out of the castle.  Breathing hard as I pace myself to make it to the Herald.  Kneeling down to slip the documents beneath door as it's early and Praegorn has not yet arrived.*

*hoping it's not too late to get an article in*