Author Topic: My Journey...  (Read 3117 times)

Offline AlexisRose

• Alexis
My Journey...
« on: August 16, 2007, 07:35:07 PM »
*biting my finger gently as I glance about the cottage one last time, making sure I've packed everything I will need on my journey.  Nodding to myself once I'm satisfied that I have not forgotten anything, carefully closing the chest.  Smoothing my skirt as I turn and walk out the door, squinting as the afternoon sun beats against my face, smiling softly as I near the carriage driver*  "I believe all is ready, ye can load my trunk at yer convenience"....*gazing at him as he nods and heads toward the cottage, watching him step heavily across the cobble walk....I move slowly along the fence lining the property, my hand gently moving across the scalloped pattern of posts....stopping long enough to pick a flower, pinning it behind my ear.  Turning sharply as the carriage driver interrupts my thoughts to let me know all is ready and waiting for me.  I hastily make my way to the carriage, taking the drivers hand as he helps me inside.  Instructing him to stop by the Castle as I have a message to deliver*.....

*Stepping inside the Great Hall, making my way to Kyle and lava's chamber, slipping the small parchment underneath the door*...

"Dear Kyle,
It would seem life pulls me elsewhere at the moment.  I am unable to give many details as I know very few myself.  I must be away for awhile, and am quite unsure of the extent of my absence. 
I've left instructions for a keeper to look after the cottage and board there should I not return before winter sets in.
I only ask that you also keep a watchful eye on the cottage, and if cyn should return please let her know the road will eventually lead me back home.....
My Sincerest Thanks,
Alexis"

*Returning to the carriage as the driver helps me inside once again, nodding softly as he asks if all is well and we should continue on our way.  Keeping a close eye on the cottage and MacLaaran as they both disappear in the distance.*
"Have a heart that never hardens, and a temper that never tires,
and a touch that never hurts."
~Charles Dickens~

Offline Sir Kyle

Re: My Journey...
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2007, 08:06:40 AM »
*reading the message Lexi left under Our chamber doors.... thinking that I hope the trip works to Her advantage... making a note to check on the cottage in the woods periodically*

Offline Praegorn

• Lady Serenitee's deepest admirer
    • Praegorn's Path
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2007, 07:59:46 PM »
Prae watched as Lady Alexis passed by in the village on her way to the castle.  From the looks of the baggage laiden upon the carriage, he guessed that she was to be traveling somewhere and for a goodly while.  But where? he pondered, thinking he'd look into that later that day....
« Last Edit: August 19, 2007, 04:01:01 PM by Praegorn »
Editor of MacLaaran\\\'s Herald<br />MacLaaran Council member<br /><br />

Offline Sir Tristram

• A Rogue by nature, a Flirt by choice
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2007, 12:51:46 PM »
receiv'n word from one of M'guards that the Lady Alexis has packed and left the village, I thank him for the news, and start to wonder just where her journey might be tak'n her?  then giv'n him orders to see to it that her cottage is watched o'er every day until she returns.   tak'n  a seat and start'n  to think of what the reasons might be that had her just up and leave so quickly

Offline hana

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2007, 11:34:33 PM »
* Whispering with one of the girls and frowning. Brushing hands over the heavy skirt and whipsering* What do you mean no one knows why? *Shakes her head* Well it doesn't seem like her is all...*Listening more and rising* I'll see what I can find out, I do wish her the best and safe travels. *Heads down one of the darker corridors*

Offline AlexisRose

• Alexis
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2007, 07:54:48 AM »
*Stepping from the carriage gracefully, sighing softly as I walk slowly around the wooden contraption, stopping to inspect the broken wheel, half submerged in the muddy hole.....my hands finding a comfortable spot upon my hips as I survey the situation.  Frowning as I shake my head at the luck.  Glancing down the trail, that appears from my vantage point, to be never-ending....wondering how far the driver has gotten, if help has been found and when, exactly, he will be returning.  Nodding to myself, as I quietly approximate his distance from the scene...a very nice gentleman, although his rosey cheeks and round tummy would imply he's not the speediest of them all...quite cheerful and amusing, unfortunately, those qualities won't allow him to travel any faster.  Turning to look about at my surroundings, beautiful and serene.... hearing the distant rumble of thunder....a gentle breeze whisping the faintest smell of rain.  Closing my eyes as I wonder what else could possibly happen to further delay me in my travels.  Scolding myself for not paying closer attention to our route and the distance between villages....wondering, if I myself, should abandon post and head in the opposite direction of the driver.  I may be able to travel with a lighter foot and summon help for the both of us.  The rumble in the distance reminds me quickly of the approaching storm, I frown.....glancing again down the trail. 

As the sun sets, the wind begins to twirl branches...making all sorts of sounds, that can turn into all sorts of "things", for a Lady alone in the woods.  My senses seem to heighten as I wonder what may be found just beyond the dark trees.  The gentle drops of rain suddenly turn into a steady shower.  I raise a hand, slightly touching my forehead as my mind races.....licking the cool wetness from my lips I look again down the trail, taking short steps in that direction.....trying to recall approximately how long ago we traveled through that village.  The business I need to attend to cannot wait, it's pressing....it would be unthinkable to sit with a broken carriage when I am desperately needed elsewhere.  As I rationalize my actions, I begin to walk faster....cringing softly as the thunder seems to intensify in sound.  Saying a soft prayer as I make my way down the ever darkening maze of rain and trees....wishing upon everything that cyn, a strong Rogue, or both were by my side.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

He noticed the woman near the injured carriage immediately, although she seemed to be lost to her own thoughts.  Masked quite well by the dark foliage, he sat, watching.....unaware if help would arrive shortly or if this attractive woman was simply all alone, in the forest.....he smirked at the thought, it just couldn't be....who would leave her alone out here....amongst the "wolves", all by herself.  He could feel his own excitement at the possibility. 

He sat, studying her movements, her thoughts seemed heavy, paying very little attention to anything besides that which was directly in front of her. She was a very attractive woman, with an air of quiet efficiency about her. Her eyes were bright and whimsical. The breeze from the approaching storm, stirred her light colored hair. She made a graceful picture in the evening light.  As far as the man could see she was small and dainty, with a proud little tilt to her head and a deliciously feminine walk that spoke of good upbringing. She was, in fact, precisely the sort of girl that he felt he could love.....he had been alone far to long.  The forest had been his escape, his sanctuary...and it wasn't everyday a vision of loveliness was left all alone in his Garden of Eden.  The emotions she stirred in him had been long forgotten.  He watched as she seemed to contemplate a departure, the rain soaking her clothes, admiring the way they clung to her well formed body....his heavy eyes taking in every curve, visions tumbling through his mind, all of which, excited him greatly.  Pulling his gaze from her as he again surveyed the carriage and path from the opposite direction.  He still found it impossible to believe such a woman was left alone.....his luck may be changing. 

She began to walk toward him, nearing his hiding place aside the road. The woman was quite close now, and he was able to get a clearer glimpse of her. She more than fulfilled the promise she had given at a distance. Had she been constructed to his own specifications, she would not have been more acceptable in his sight.

She seemed to tremble as the thunder grew deafening, she moved quickly past him....he could have reached out and touched her....in due time, he reminded himself.  He could walk this forest with his eyes closed.  He would follow her, watch...and wait for the right moment.  As the storm intensified he rose from his hiding spot to follow the beautiful lady, smiling to himself as his body reminded him how satisfying he found her......Knowing the storm was masking any noise he may make he kept up with her easily.  Almost like a animal stalking it's prey....
_________________________________________________________________________________________
« Last Edit: August 27, 2007, 07:59:56 AM by AlexisRose »
~Charles Dickens~

Offline AlexisRose

• Alexis
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2007, 06:28:31 PM »
*Trembling softly as her steps quickened down the muddy path, the thunder deafening.....she felt a sense of panic rise within...the simple fear of the unknown.  Taking a deep breath as she brushed a wet strand of hair across her cheek.  Turning slightly to glance behind her at the crippled carriage....slowing a bit as she squinted against the pouring rain, unable to make out the carriage or the distance she had already traveled.  The trees whipped wildly above her, the branches attempted to reach out to her...never quite making it before they were whipped in the opposite direction.  Whispering breathlessly to herself..."I need to find help before nightfall...please let there be a village closeby".  A feeling of despair and anger washing over her....why her, why now...why when she was all ALONE.  She's left her home, her family, those she loves...all that was part of her, to help with a situation she knows very little about, a desperate, horrible situation...one of which she hoped to never hear or speak of again...a past she had left behind, forgotten...a time and place she never wanted to return to, nor remember.....WHY was she doing this?  Why had she put herself in this place, in this day....at dusk, alone in a forest in a raging storm.....

*So lost in her thoughts, her hurt, her anger and confusion....she payed very little attention to the wildness of the wind, the pounding rain...or the dark figure that had appeared in the road in front of her.....When she raised her focus and slowed her body enough to focus on the immense shadow, she found herself inches from him.....her heart nearly stopped, her blood seemed to freeze, there were no screams, no sounds, nothing...it was pure silence....everything around her grew dark and she felt her tired legs tremble and her body begin to fall....water, mud and darkness*........

*He had kept pace with her easily for some distance....many times reminding himself that she was indeed ALONE and LOST....No Lord in his right mind would let such a woman travel unaccompanied, nor would he not send help if she had been late arriving at her destination.  She was his....she would be his, he could satisfy her as she deserved to be, and he would show her that, in every way a man could. 

The storm was intensifying and he had to remain closer to her to keep her in sight.  She seemed frightened.  The time was nearing for him to touch her, feel her...make his presence known....and she would go with him....she may fight him at first, but she would come to love and appreciate him.  It would be perfect.

He hurried ahead of her, easily hurdling and ducking through branches, he slid between two trees before stepping onto the path a few feet in front of her....he watched her.....lovely, a vision, she was all he wanted.  She didn't look up until she was nearly upon him, when her eyes finally met his they flashed of terror...a look that excited him.  She stopped inches from his face....she froze, not a word, she didn't move at all....a moment later her tiny body fell limp...crumbling to the wet surface beneath them.....he caught her before she hit the path....the feeling of her in his arms flooding him with desire. 

He scooped her up easily, resting her head against his shoulder, pressing the small body close to his. He made his way off of the path and into his domain, his forest, his home....it would soon be hers as well. *
« Last Edit: August 29, 2007, 06:31:05 PM by AlexisRose »
~Charles Dickens~