Author Topic: Velvet Hammer  (Read 2157 times)

Offline Devona

Velvet Hammer
« on: January 19, 2008, 03:19:31 PM »
She slouches over the bar, until her chest rest upon it. Elbows dig into the warped wood as her fingers cup her chin. She stares though the pipe smoke that hangs in the air. Eyes drift over the room, her mind and body beginning to tired of the same actions over and over. This land is so peaceful, at first she welcomed it, sat by the fire and got covered in charcoal dust, but she can not hide what she is. She has to change some to fit in here, and that is a welcome change, but this? One of her hands move down and slaps the bar top. No one in the room even flinches, she lets out a sigh and ponders how much of this she can take. Seeing as Sionnach would not want to spar anymore she would have to find someone else to do it with. Her muscle feel tired and unused. Energy builds up in her body that hunting and practicing just could not work away. Which is making her think, and no good ever happens from that activity. So she watches the people in the tavern, doing the same things they always did.

Pulling her hand up from the wood and placing a finger in her mouth she starts to let her mind wonder. Almost immediately Sionnach figure laying face down on the ground comes into focus in her mind. She takes small breaths and it would seem she was thinking about what to wear that evening, but really her blood was moving over her body, making it slightly warmer. She can hear her handlers voice in her head, speaking in their tongue. His command to finish the down enemy was clear, and she always acted upon such things. There was never two people walking away from such activities in her world. She was the ultimate put down. Being killed by a women, there was nothing worse in her world. You would not move on to the after life, not be allowed to lay with your family. She feels her body flinch towards Sionnach, how she could see herself rushing him. She stopped it though, that had to mean something right? 

She did not feel satisfied when she walked away from the pit that night. She had told herself it was because she had performed a move that should not have been done in a spar but really, it was because she did not finish her job. She had to work that temptation out of her soul, it would not work here. Not with a normal life. She was sure if she wanted to carry on her past she could find something similar. She just has to stomp out the natural instinct she had developed, and hope no one came across her that knew the language.

The regulars are re-live their war stories as she circles their table. She normal loves to catch their words floating around the air and add her thoughts but today she makes the movement with out really thinking of it. Her mind is else it seems, though she does give them a little bump with her hip and a smile, asking if they would like another pitcher. Every once in a while she has to walk over and place a firm head on one of their shoulders to calm their old hearts. Flashing a smile and some calm words normal takes their mind in a different direction and she takes a swat on the bottom as she wiggles it away. Today they where calm, it seems the life has been sucked out of everything today. Mind left alone to wonder over places they should stay away from. Moving towards the bar she moves to refill the pitcher, such a task does not need much thought.  Her mind slips, she is back under the raging sun.

Her red hair is whipping her skin in the wind. Sand hits her almost bare skin as a man runs towards her, they had been at this for sometime. Chest heaving as his blade is lifted into the air. The small amount of fabric the binds her chest makes it had to fill her lunges. Her bight blue eyes tainted with intoxicated smoke narrow on his leg, not protected as both arms are on the handle of his axe. A simple task. She feels the air move out of the way from the ax, she simple fall to the ground and sweep his legs out from under him, he falls and the earth shake with his weight. She does not take in the details of this form, just another interruption in her other task, one that would lessen her high. He squirms on the ground, it seems when he feel the axe landed into his upper left shoulder. Jumping upon him she rams her fingers between his legs and digs her long nails into his manhood. She then pulls back with her elbow and blood begins to move from his form. She lets out a scream to mingle with his pain soaked on.  Standing up she circles the body.   The word sounded out from her handlers mouth, shouting it at the top of his lungs. By now his tribe was ashamed and also chanting with hers. Her hands grasped his axes, how she loved two handed weapons, though her high she could feel the weight she hand to lift. She pulls it out of his flesh, it was quick. He raised his arm to stop her, but she was better with his weapon then he was. Leaving it in his body she turned to her handler. Walking over in a daze, coming down off of her high. He lights a pipe and hands it to her. She took the smoke in, holding it into her lungs, welcoming the burn as it moved down her lungs. As she walked away, blood running down her skin the smoke would slips from her lips. The yells around her fade, and turn to the sounds of the Hammer, and one of the old men yelling at her to hurry up with their Ale.

Bring her hands up into the air she waves away the smoke that is curling around her face in the tavern. Her fingers move to the back of her neck as she pulls them over her red waves. Walking from behind the bar, she turns her back on the memory that is fading from her mind and she brings the pitchers over to the table. She moves around the table and tops off their glasses, receiving toothless grins she pulls a chair from near by and sits down them with. Their tales get a little bigger now with a set of female ears listening. Arms move around a bit more, thuds on the table are implied with more force. She leans back in her chair and smirks at them......

((I know there is a tons of grammar and spelling mistakes, could not get a hold of my muse lmao....))

Offline Sir Kyle

Re: Velvet Hammer
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2008, 09:17:48 AM »
((a very interesting read... *smiles*.... thinks Dev might be the one to kill Douglas MacDougal, if and when the time comes?))

Sitting at a corner table in the Velvet Hammer.....  casually watching the large crowd of new people as the bar wenches serve the ale.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2008, 09:19:53 AM by Sir Kyle »

Offline Devona

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2008, 05:34:06 PM »
((Devona would be up to the task! *grins* As would her creator))

Her mind being surrounded by loud intoxicated voices it is hard for her lips not to move with her own tales of blood shed. One could glance over at Devona and tell from the energy that was flowing off of her she was finding it hard to hold back her voice. They could also tell her as being trained to snuff the life out of bodies. Her form had softened a bit from what it looked like in her early twenties. Six years of being on the run, and not training, her muscles had taken a smaller form. As the stories swell in size, an ego filled grin sweeps her lips. This is not missed by the men and not the demand a take from her.

They had over looked most of Devonas’ flaws with time. Now their drunken eyes plainly see her as a smirking Persian at their table, in their tavern. She shows no discomfort, this was more her element. Since her meeting with Nadir, guard to Persia’s Prince. She has turned her back on her people, to the only life that seems normal to her. It was hard for her to do, but she see this place, and its people as her second chance. As her eyes move around the table, she thinks that perhaps it is okay for her to share a tale or two.

She leans forwards, eyes wide, moving over the memories from her past. Which to tell? None really stand out to Devona. Of course, others would spin a better tale, explain her skills in a warmer light. She never enjoyed what she did, it was more of a nuisance that took her away from her smoked filled tent. How many has she dishonored with her blades, arrows and her bare hands, she could not even start to count. It was something she did not think about, the command was made and she acted. She recalls more of the ones she killed for ego. None of these where men. Females of her own tribe, that carried out the same duties as her in the smoked filled tent. Many she had laid with. Devona has a jealous streak that can not be matched. If she saw one of her men enjoying another more then she,......there had been only three. A dark smile moves across her red lips as their faces move across her mind. Only three, she had only had to take care of three, for she was far better at pleasure then pain. There was only one time she received a more intoxicating high from killing than from pleasure. It had taken place two years after she had left Persia, she was not ready to relive those mens last breaths. 

Feeling the mens eyes burning into her Persian skin she did something new to her. Something this land was bringing out, using words. “What do my people know of such things, please just let me sit and hear true stories of bravery,....” Old dry lips curl down as they search for words for sarcasm. Not being able to find any they continue with their ever growing tales of their youth. Since she was not challenged again, her form moves back and rests on the chair. Tilting her head to the side she takes note of the movement of Tamara, the other barmaid. She retraces Tamara’s steps and her eyes fall on Kyle.  If his eyes met hers her lips would hold a warm smile.

Offline Sir Kyle

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2008, 11:46:58 AM »
Sitting in the Velvet Hammer on a  cold, wet winter day, enjoying both a hot sandwich and a cold ale, My personal favorite drink. I can overhear the talk that fills the smoke filled main room and smile at some of the tales of bravery, conquest, and even romance.

My mind wanders off as I eat, thinking again about Our purchase of the MacLaaran Castle and surrounding lands. We all know that the MacDougals really don't like the control we have over the area. I think they were behind some of the problems we experienced during the purchase of the land, especially the older brother, Douglas.  I think he was behind that attack on Dami, the one we never really could prove was them.

The younger brother, Michael, is still pursuing abby, lava's sister. If they were to marry, and something happened to lava, they would inherit a portion of the MacLaaran castle and lands and possibly a large portion of lava's fortune.

Right now I own the major shares of our lands, but what happens if lava and I both die? Just something to think about.

Our taxes are do in Edinburgh before April 15th. 600 gold sovereigns this year, per the arrangement Tris helped negotiate. Here is what we each owe this year.

Kyle at 50% = 300 sovereigns
lava at 15% =   90 sovereigns
Tim at 15% =   90 sovereigns
Tris at 10% =   60 sovereigns
Dami at 5% =   30 sovereigns
Prae at 5% =    30 sovereigns

William has already expressed some concern regarding bad times at sea. I think his idea of selling the Iron Lance has merit. maybe one of the new people can purchase it and  make it flourish?

I down the last of the delicious sandwich, finish My ale, then leave a nice tip with the price of the meal on the table for that Persian waitress. With those concerns still festering in my mind, I leave the Hammer and head back over to My Carriage Shoppe where Davie MacKenzie and Gavin McLeod are busy fixing a broken farm wagon.

Offline Devona

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2008, 05:40:58 PM »
From the corner of her eyes she take note of Kyle movements. When she hears the heavy wooden door of the Velvet Hammer close behind his form she pushes off of the seat. Crossing one leg over the other she saunters her way over to his now empty table. Bending over her right fingers glide over to the coins, and swiftly places them in a spot no pick pocket could get at. Her left hand moves to pick up the plate and once the right was done with its first task it would curl around the glass that once contained ale.

Moving over the taverns floor she moves behind the bar and she submerse the plate and cup into some steaming water. She looks over her right shoulder to see if Tamara was up to no good. When their eyes meet she give her a little wink and looks back down at the dishes. The warmth of the water send goose bump up her arm. Finding the cloth in the water she starts to clean the dishes. A smile lingers on her lips as she listens to the words that travel on the smoke that lingers in the air. She has grown to care for these people, even though this is something she never imagine herself doing.  She doubts she could do anything more or advance any high for she can not read or write. She is pleased with the little amount of words she can understand when ones of great knowledge speak to her. Money is something else that is strange to her. Yes her tribe used such currency but ones such as Devona did not know or speak of it. Many times Devona earned a far chunk of change for her tribe. Red hair might not be exotic to the land she is in now, but in Persia it was something many had never seen.

Pulling the dishes out of the sink she moves her hips so she can look out over the room as she dries the dishes. This was her second chance, and she was willing to change a lot of thing about her to make it work. She was going to have to find a place that her skills would blend well, and she did not know if the Hammer was that place, then in another way it was the perfect place. Only time would tell and she was willing to wait