Author Topic: Thank you  (Read 1203 times)

Offline Lilac

Thank you
« on: October 03, 2008, 04:55:45 PM »
went to see a movie today and this was part of the previews and it made me think of the world not just today but even in our past and made me want to say

THANK YOU ... to all those who are serving their country in what ever form...

3DD citizen warrior
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJRthpxDM10

or, if you prefer kidd rock-Warrior

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0yVaHKcs9E
« Last Edit: October 05, 2008, 03:10:41 PM by Lilac »

In the end we're all just chalk lines on the the concrete.  Drawn only to be washed away. For the time I've been given, I am what I am

Offline Raziel

• WEBMAZE Mod
  • "In time, all things will be revealed."
Re: Thank you
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2008, 05:15:44 PM »
It was a good song, some of the printed words on the video can be found in our Ranger Creed.

Recognizing that I volunteered as a Ranger, fully knowing the hazards of my chosen profession,  I will always endeavor to uphold the prestige, honor, and high esprit-de-corps of the Rangers.

Acknowledging the fact that a Ranger is a more elite soldier who arrives at the cutting edge of battle by land, sea, or air,  I accept the fact that as a Ranger my country expects me to move further, faster and fight harder than any other soldier.

Never shall I fail my comrades.  I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong, and morally straight and I will shoulder more than my share of the task, whatever it may be, one hundred percent and then some.

Gallantly will I show the world that I am a specially selected and well-trained soldier.   My courtesy to superior officers, neatness of dress, and care of equipment shall set the example for others to follow.

Energetically will I meet the enemies of my country.  I shall defeat them on the field of battle for I am better trained and will fight with all my might.  Surrender is not a Ranger word.  I will never leave a fallen comrade to fall into the hands of the enemy and under no circumstances will I ever embarrass my country.

Readily will I display the intestinal fortitude required to fight on to the Ranger objective and complete the mission, though I be the lone survivor.

Raz

Offline Fishy!

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2008, 05:21:49 PM »
that was a good song with a new message... and 3dd is awesome...

thank you to everyone fighting strong to keep out country safe...

also... thank you to the firefighters that are helping to keep california from going up in flames.

Offline Salem

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2008, 05:33:08 PM »
My time of enlistment is coming faster and faster, and despite knowing that I'll be serving my country bravely, I will still miss you all when I am gone.
When you go home, tell them of us and say, for their tomorrow, we gave our today. -John Maxwell Edmonds

Offline Krul

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2008, 06:44:39 PM »
You're welcome and I'll do it again anytime *S*

Krul

Offline prism {*RgR*1*}

• Da woobster
  • There are more than angels watching over me
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2008, 07:16:35 PM »
Agrees wholeheartedly..

Thank you each and every one of you.. I know I sleep free at night because of your service.. I know my world is a better place because you have fought and do fight to keep it that way.

I know how hard it really can be.. and I am not lost on that fact..

Thank you for being there.
~*~~*~
Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders & says...

'Oh shit....she's awake!!'

~*~~*~

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
  • NEVER YIELD - NEVER QUIT
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2008, 07:32:13 PM »
My thanks to all our heroes past, present, and future.