Author Topic: What's Happening!! - 2/8/09  (Read 2387 times)

Offline Lindsay Davis

• NY Times Gossip Columnist
What's Happening!! - 2/8/09
« on: February 08, 2009, 04:01:50 PM »
What's Happening!! - 2/8/09
Lindsay Davis - New York Times
=========================
This Week's Gossip
Last Sunday the Pittsburgh Steelers won their sixth Super Bowl, 27 to 23, over the Arizona Cardinals in an amazing game to watch. I'm glad Diego took me along. We flew back on Monday morning with everybody happy.

I was born January 6th, 1973 in Pittsburgh Pennsylvania where my parents still reside, so I'm still a Steelers fan at heart. I attended Carnegie Mellon there were I studied journalism. That's where I first met my dear friend Rachel Tatellio in 1997 and we both moved to New York City upon graduation. As most people know, while I fought my way up through the newspaper business starting as a reporter for the National Inquirer and the Globe and eventually here on the New York Times, Rachel chose a different route as a struggling playwright. She was lucky enough to accidentally meet Diego Farina, the owner of the Four Seasons Supper Club, who helped her get started by buying an small Off-Broadway theater called Creative Arts and set her up. The rest is history.

Last Tuesday night I played Chloe in Rachel's Friends play, a sexy young blonde that works in a Xerox copy shop. It gave me the opportunity to tease Tim as Chandler and Muppet as Joey, and eventually hit on poor distraught Mike as Ross since he's on a break from Rachel. Very sad, yet funny, situation.

I enjoyed the company of Samantha, Mary, Carl, Frank and Aspen at the Four Seasons with Gino behind the bar on Wednesdays evening. Carl and Mary chatted about their  combined novel, which I sty ill haven't seen in spite of my efforts to get at least a peek. Frank was his humorous self, but the tease of the night was Aspen kissing Gino over the bar. She also teased me by saying to Gino, "Well then...here's a tip." Leans over for a stage whisper. "Lindsay likes granny panties with little flowers on them."

Saturday night I spent the evening at the Four Seasons Supper Club bar with Barbara Barton and Frank, while Gino tended bar as usual. Aspen popped in just long enough to chat with me, but she couldn't resist responding to Gino when he asked her if she was planning to lean across the bar again to kiss him. "Not to night, handsome. I don't think your poor little heart could take it twice in one week."

After Frank stumbled over a few words, Barb and I bet him he couldn't last long without more missed posts. He accepted the wager and carefully managed to win the bet so I had to buy the next round. Gino shared the taxi home with Barb and me.

Entertainment
This Tuesday night, February 10th at 10:00 pm ET, the Off-Broadway Creative Arts Theatre will be dark as Rachel continues to run her plays on alternate weeks.