Author Topic: A small wish...  (Read 839 times)

Offline Taryn

• Finding happiness in glitter and resin
    • Handcrafted Designs by Taithleach
A small wish...
« on: February 05, 2010, 08:09:15 AM »
to those who are in the path of the incoming storm, please if you have to go out during the height of the storm, do so with extreme caution... I don't wish to have anyone of my family hurt or injured in a car accident, either single or multiple, today through saturday night...

We are waiting on pins and needles waiting for the call to come in that says the truck is ready to be picked up and brought home, and we are going to wait til next week to get it registered, tagged and the titled changed, as there is no way we are going to try and get it done before then, not with snow/ice already starting to fall.. And if I could do it, I would cancel my PT appt, but I am going to need it for the upcoming weekend, though I should be there and back before it turns nasty...

That is my small wish for my family during this weekend... ~huggles to all and heads out to go help set out some more salt around the hotel walkways, hopefully it will help the shoveling of the white stuff while it's falling or else, things are going to get really nasty~

rep

Re: A small wish...
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2010, 08:57:01 AM »
~sends well wishes to those effected..glad it's not heading up here~

Offline Mercilayne

• MTC - Vintner Clan Elder
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2010, 10:16:49 AM »
-sends lots of well wishes to those affected-

Offline Taryn

• Finding happiness in glitter and resin
    • Handcrafted Designs by Taithleach
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2010, 06:38:27 PM »
Even if we had gotten the truck back, or even gotten the truck out of the parking lot, with 7 to 8 feet high snow drifts, here at the hotel, we couldn't get onto the roads because we know that a state of emergency means that you drive, you pay, lose your car, and go to jail... But it seems that at least 10 people during the nighttime hours didn't pay attention to such a warning, that was repeated time and time again over the radio and on the television...

At least the guy who spent an hour trying to get his truck out of the parking lot last night, after he was towed here by the police, having been give the benefit of the doubt that he didn't know there was a state of emergency declared... Went back out this afternoon to return to it again, I believe it took nearly 4 hours of him digging out around his truck, because he had to take his damn son home, who walked up here after learned that he was taken here after his father failed to appear at his house earlier last night... ~shakes head~ Mind you, I am very shocked that his son wasn't hit by any snow plows going by --which were told to return to the barn late last night, due to them not being able to see where the road started or ended, and then returned back out onto the road when it got light-- or any of those who thought they were immune to the state of emergency and thought that sightseeing at speeds of over 60 mph were called for... Lucky S.O.B.!

We are going to be digging out for sometime, as of last count, which was about 4 hours ago we had snow depth of around 27" and snow drifts of 9' to 10' and more than likely to get worse over the nighttime hours, though we are thankful that the winds and snow have died down... We lost power several times this morning, but also thankfully we had extra blankets to keep us warm until the power went back up... Though it seems those in sections of New Jersey aren't so lucky and they might get a return of power in time period of a day to a week, as they have power lines down all over the place... The same holds true for the town about 2 towns below us, which we have come to find out, was partial cause of our loss of power, but not the main reason...

I got a few hours of sleep last night, but was mostly up keeping the coffee and hot chocolate going for those who were shoveling snow upstairs, so those coming in could get into their rooms, as there wasn't any possible way of such happening downstairs... We still can not get out of the parking lot, as the people with the snowplow are still stuck in another town, thanks to power lines all over the roads, making them impassable...

So yes, I would like to ask again for everyone to stay home and stay safe... ~goes to enjoy a dinner of country spare ribs that has been in the slow cooker since early this morning~