Author Topic: Balloons  (Read 852 times)

Offline Izee

Balloons
« on: February 19, 2023, 03:15:28 AM »
Mayhaps someone with experience flying military jets can counsel me... :)

As many Americans, I have been a passenger in a jet airliner, and it doesn't feel like I am traveling very fast, and I certain have no problem looking at things out of the window.  Other planes are very clear, and I can even get a good look at a jet that is traveling in the opposite direction.

So, someone please explain to me why they keep referring to the things we taxpayers paid almost 2 million dollars to shoot down as 'balloons' or 'objects'?  I know that military jets can travel very fast, but they can also just mosey along.  It seems to me that the guys flying the jets could have gotten close enough to get good pictures, and at least figure out what they were.  Everyone seems to agree that the 1st big one was a balloon sent by the Chinese...the Chinese even seem to acknowledge it...although I am at a loss to understand how Biden and Co. would allow the damn foreign balloon to fly across the US and come so close to restricted military facilities.  But, seeing satellite photos these days, I wonder if a balloon could get better pictures...I bet that they can...and I am skeptical that we just 'jammed' their frequencies.  How would we know what frequency they were using?  And if we that concerned...why not just shoot them down?  As the Governor of the Northern State said, "Hey, even if the damn balloon debris would cover several square miles, the worst that could happen in our State is that it may have hit a cow or a prairie dog."  And, I am certainly not a fighter pilot, but it seems to me that they could have popped the balloons with their guns, and not needed to fire off missiles at a cost of $450,000 apiece.  (And they even MISSED with one missile shot...LOL..our technology must really suck.)

Okay, I am done with my rant.   ::)

Offline MageNathaniel1

Re: Balloons
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2023, 08:03:44 PM »
I agree particularly on the 1st one we should have shot it down as soon as it was detected. On the other ones they are still saying they do not fully know what they even were shakes head.

Offline Izee

Re: Balloons
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2023, 12:50:37 AM »
...And...just to rant more...

The $450,000 apiece missiles hit the objects that the balloons were carrying...that we didn't know what they were...and, most likely...damaged them a bit when the missiles exploded.  So, just how much was left? 

...*Shakes head*