Author Topic: Heart Breaking  (Read 3337 times)

Offline ameeshia{B}

• Buddha's pet
  • Be kind to your food
Heart Breaking
« on: October 07, 2009, 11:08:38 AM »
This story was being discussed on a mommy message board today and it just broke my heart.

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/local-beat/Little-Soldier-Girl-Didnt-Want-to-Let-Go-63629627.html?yhp=1

God Bless all the families that make our freedom possible.

Offline Shylina Marie

Re: Heart Breaking
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2009, 11:47:10 AM »
a deploying parent goes through a million emotions... the family goes through hell from the time they see them step away. board a bus, board a plane, or a ship pulling away from a pier.  I think that photo should be marked down as a working piece of history and that it should be in the face of every american law maker  so they realize the price this volunteer military pays on a daily basis.

Tina
USN Retired
Never Meddle in the Affairs of a Dragon.  for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Offline Fishy!

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2009, 04:00:34 PM »
this really was an adorable story! thanks for sharing

Offline Taryn

• Finding happiness in glitter and resin
    • Handcrafted Designs by Taithleach
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2009, 07:58:07 AM »
Ray and I were lucky enough to see the news story and picture, and it just brought tears to my eyes to see something so precious... That CO has a heart of gold, and that picture is not only priceless, but as the title of this thread, heart breaking...

*edited to add*

This reminds me of the picture that was taken when my bro-in-law went on his 6 to 1 year (can't remember which one it was, as he went on two 1 year cruises) cruises, otherwise known as ship leave, when he was in the Marine Corps... my mom got a picture of my niece when she was not even 18 months being held tightly by my bro-in-law, and not only was my niece in tears, but so was he... and my nephew was holding tightly to his leg, while my sister stood back watching her husband say goodbye to his children... Those times were hard not only my sister, as it was hard to explain to a 2 and 18 month old why their daddy had to leave for such a long period of time...

Thank you for sharing this, because it reminds me that even though my bro-in-law has never been happy with having me as a sister-in-law, when I saw him in that picture, it showed me that he was a man who wasn't afraid to cry and show his love and affection to his children, when he tended to only show disdain toward me...
« Last Edit: October 08, 2009, 08:05:37 AM by Taryn »