Author Topic: FOREST EVENT MEN  (Read 11546 times)

Offline Rhodynion of Ar

Re: FOREST EVENT MEN
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2010, 11:08:41 PM »
I went out to hunt again, but noticed a Panther girl busy freeing a slave girl from a trap, somewhere along the trail.  I briefly considered capturing them because they made a tempting target, but decided that doing so would not help me in my quest anyway.  So I observed them from a short distance, and that turned out to be for the better, because it soon became clear to me that another Panther was nearby.
I followed the first Panther and her captive to the Exchange Point, where I hope to gather some information about Nkiru.

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
  • NEVER YIELD - NEVER QUIT
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2010, 06:34:06 PM »
Beast enters the fray!!! LOL

It was an interesting night. I got to watch a Panther strip down and cook her supper on the beach... and when she went her way I followed. She was joined by at least one more Panther and for awhile it seemed touch and go for me.

I managed to snag a bit of food from the Panthers and in return I left three silver toggle style buttons.

I was given a warning of basically never return to that area. I will likely not listen. LOL

Neast was either very lucky this night... or the Panthers took pity on him for some reason.

Time will tell.

Having rested several days by the creek, drinking fresh water and dining on raw fish I am feeling much better. I would attempt a fire, but I neither know how to build one nor do I wish to give away my position with smoke or the scent of cooking fish.

The area seemed very busy this night. I could hear activity, but dared not venture out to get a better look. 

I may have to relocate if this area remains active.

Still more rest and hydrating. No luck snagging anymore fish and I am growing hungry. There was quite a bit of activity in the area yesterday and during the night. The neighborhood is getting entirely too crowded.

I began making my way along the creek bank towards the coast. Navigting this is simple. I just follow my nose. I can smell the Thassa on the breeze. Once ther, perhaps I can spear a bigger fish for food.

Offline kadi{MTC}

• WM Tuchuk Trainers
  • Tuchuk's lil pouncer
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2010, 06:48:05 PM »
or a pussy spear you lol
May love and laughter light your days..And warm your heart and home..May good and faithful friends be yours..Wherever you may roam..May peace and joy bless your world.. And may all life's passing seasons..Bring the best to you and yours..

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2010, 12:17:38 AM »
Thrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrpt..... :P

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2010, 12:22:23 AM »

It was an interesting night. I got to watch a Panther strip down and cook her supper on the beach... and when she went her way I followed. She was joined by at least one more Panther and for awhile it seemed touch and go for me.

I managed to snag a bit of food from the Panthers and in return I left three silver toggle style buttons.

I was given a warning of basically never return to that area. I will likely not listen. LOL

Neast was either very lucky this night... or the Panthers took pity on him for some reason.

Time will tell.

Having rested several days by the creek, drinking fresh water and dining on raw fish I am feeling much better. I would attempt a fire, but I neither know how to build one nor do I wish to give away my position with smoke or the scent of cooking fish.

The area seemed very busy this night. I could hear activity, but dared not venture out to get a better look. 

Still more rest and hydrating. No luck snagging anymore fish and I am growing hungry. There was quite a bit of activity in the area yesterday and during the night. The neighborhood is getting entirely too crowded.

I began making my way along the creek bank towards the coast. Navigting this is simple. I just follow my nose. I can smell the Thassa on the breeze. Once ther, perhaps I can spear a bigger fish for food.

As I reached the coast, I took cover watching the Panthers and captives that were there. Two Panthers came to the creek to get water and that was just too close to me for comfort. I hurled stones at them and drove them off. Seems I may have busted them up pretty good. Time will tell. I did get them to leave a bucket behind that will come in handy for my use.

While under cover I also observed a brief skirmish between another man and who I believe is the Lair Leader. They each broke off to observe the peace at the beach. I have heard of such a peace at an Exchange but had never witnessed such. I will have to think on this awhile. I will find good concealment and sleep since it seems the Panthers are sleeping for now. Tomorrow is a new day and i hope to get out of the forest and head for home.

Offline Kimba~

• C'est la vie, c'est le Gor.
    • PantherClaw Taluna Jungle Homepage
« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2010, 01:18:39 PM »
Yeah, home is where you're going.  Straight to home, in a handbasket.  Lucifer's home that is.
Kimba, PantherClaw Taluna Jungle, WM

We have it in our power to begin the world over again.~
Thomas Paine

Offline Rhodynion of Ar

« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2010, 05:03:11 PM »
The day started in a rather peaceful manner, as I stepped onto the Exchange beach, to find a Panther there, and a female slave bound to an A frame.  However, the first thing that happened were sounds from the forest suggesting that a fight was going on nearby, and the Panther rushed off to come to the aid of her band mates who were apparently under attack.  I followed suit, with the intent to assess the situation myself, but she didn't trust me and turned around to start the fight that follows below.

I'm posting the actual combat here so that those involved, and possibly others, may learn from it.  There were some instructive comments by Ragnar (aka Beast - who was throwing rocks at the other Panthers, being very successful at that) after the fight was suspended, and some more analysis/discussion.  I added a few comments and questions of my own in orange, and edited out unrelated action and talk.
I believe we attained a fair and practical agreement at the end, true to the spirit of the Event.  IC-wise, it was convenient that we could realistically back out of the fight because we were still very close to the Exchange.

(21:23:07 )
Medicine Deer
Red Savage
Naked Blade Panther Band
Head Scout
is in the forest not far from the exchange point
says to BeastTRC
: ...Add...I also scream my war cry...

(21:23:19 )
KEIRA
Naked Blade Panther Band
TRC
says to _The Glass Stiletto_~Kat
: the pain was taking her breath away nut she opened her mouth and yelled as best she could KATEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE UNDER ATTACK then i passed out

(21:23:51 )
Rhodynion
TRC
is on the beach near the fire of the exchange point
says to ALL
: Standing 6'5" 230 lbs, long brown hair with a touch of red, brown eyes, wearing black trousers, a dark brown cloak, a grayish tunic and heavy boots, a 23" gladius sheated on my belt on the right, two quivas on the left, I stepped onto the clearing at the Exchange Point. There was a great bow suspended from my right shoulder and a quiver with ten arrows from my left. There also was a small pouch and a bota attached to my belt at the back.
I cast a quick glance around.....

(21:24:26 )
_The Glass Stiletto_
~Kathryn~
Naked Blade Lair Leader
TRC Panther
is on the beach near the A frame at the exchange point
says to themba~runaway slave~TRC
: *You are forgotten as I turn my attention to the North.*

(21:24:54 )
Beast
TRC
along the inner creek bank in dense ground cover
says to Medicine DeerRed SavageN
: *Watches you approach and take partial cover behind some sand. Seeing your right shoulder may be my best bet for a hit, I hurl the stone with all the force I could muster hoping if it did dtrike sand it would displace it and continue on to its mark. Once again quickly taking up another fist sized stone and drawing it back.*

(21:25:21 )
Rhodynion
TRC
says to ALL
: ........ and then quickly turned my head at the direction of the unexpected sounds, calling the alarm so close to this place of informal truce

(21:26:02 )
_The Glass Stiletto_
~Kathryn~
Naked Blade Lair Leader
TRC Panther
says to RhodynionTRC
: You! *I shift the dagger to to a throwing position in my right hand.* Are you with the people attacking my Panthers at the stream?!?

(21:29:35 )
Rhodynion
TRC
: At seeing your dagger move, I quickly pivoted on my left foot, advancing my right side and now standing at a nearly 90 degree angle towards you, to make a smaller target, while in the mean time drawing my gladius with my left hand, holding it about waist height. "What?! Who are you? I came to this Exchange in peace........"

(21:31:35 )
_The Glass Stiletto_
[PIC]
~Kathryn~
Naked Blade Lair Leader
TRC Panther
says to RhodynionTRC
: Good! Keep it that way. The captives on the AFrames are for sale. *sheathes my dagger* I will be back momentarily. *Does a sidestep dance holding my crotch like I have to pee, circling around you towards the hammock where I left my spear.*

(21:34:38 )
Rhodynion
TRC
: I looked at your movement greatly surprised, half turning around to keep track of your position, my eyes following you...... "What's going on here?!"

(21:37:15 )
_The Glass Stiletto_
~Kathryn~
Naked Blade Lair Leader
TRC Panther
says to RhodynionTRC
: *Completes my circle around you to grab up my spear.* When I know, I'll catch you up. *blows a kiss before turning towards the north and heading off towards the mouth of the freshwater stream, running with long strides at about half speed.*

(21:40:13 )
Rhodynion
TRC
: But I didn't seem to agree to that plan so much, and promptly started to follow you along, my sword still drawn, keeping a distance of some 5 yards. Whether I was on your side or not was unclear, but I definitely wanted to find out for myself what was happening.

(21:40:54 )
_The Glass Stiletto_
~Kathryn~
Naked Blade Lair Leader
TRC Panther
says to BeastTRC
: 1/4 pasang is about .15 miles, so it will take me about 1/2 a minute to cover the distance to where Medi is. *Wearing knee-high moc boots, but otherwise barely covered by scraps of spotted panther hide sewn into a 2-piece garment, bra-top and bikini pants; I was 5'6" tall and 130 lbs. Wisps of fine, cornsilk-blonde hair hang loose to between my shoulderblades. Sheathed off my left hip is a quiva with a 12" double-edged blade, and on my right thigh is a 7" bladed dagger. Off my right hip is a small waistpouch with a few light supplies, mostly first-aid or binding items. My shortspear has 5' shaft of stout tem wood, 1 1/3" in diameter and a beveled leaf-shaped steel blade of 12", honed to razor sharpness at the edges and tip. the spear is beveled, fatter as well as wider behind the tip, so that there will be a wedge effect on stab wounds, opening them wider as the blade goes deeper. the spearblade is heavy enough, and blunt enough on the flat face to have significant impact as a cudgel. I carry the spear ready to throw or jab, with my right hand beneath it and fingers wrapped around the right, holding the weapon at it’s center of balance over my right shoulder, shaft parallel to the ground.*

(21:43:03 )
_The Glass Stiletto_
~Kathryn~
Naked Blade Lair Leader
TRC Panther
says to RhodynionTRC
: *Stops and wheels about as I hear you following me.* One more step and I stop believing you are not one of the attackers. Go play with the bound woman, or me and you gonna tangle right here and now.

(21:46:00 )
Rhodynion
TRC
: "I came here to seek information, but I will find out for myself what it is that is going on. For all I know, your panthers are the ones that are attacking."

(21:48:46 )
_The Glass Stiletto_
~Kathryn~
Naked Blade Lair Leader
TRC Panther
says to RhodynionTRC
: *Well you didn't stop running, and I wasn't going to let you get by me, so I jab my spear downwards as you pass, attempting to pass the shaft between your ankles and trip you over it, or slash one of your shins or calfs with the blade as it passes towards the sand.*
Now, I wondered, is "as you pass" not a force post?  I indeed didn't post that I stopped running, but even if I didn't, would that imply that I now pass her?  It's not very clear how far my speed would have carried me, especialy since we were running at half speed only - and even if it would have brought me close to her, I would still be in control of the direction, so I could just as well run straight into her.

(21:57:10 )
Rhodynion
TRC
: I closed the distance between us but did not attempt to actually pass you because after all, I had been following you and there was little point in attempting to lead the way if I didn't know where you were going. Stopping at a mere 2 yards from youI now advanced my left side, holding out my gladius towards you at belly height. My right hand pulled a 12" quiver from my belft, where you could see another one tucked underneath. I stood 6'5" 230 lbs, wearing black trousers, a dark brown cloak, a grayish tunic and heavy boots. A great bow suspended from my back at the righ side could be seen and a quiver of ten arrows at my left side. "Now you stop right here. What is this all about? Who are you?"
Well, I didn't handle that one very well.  I could just have agreed to getting very close to her, avoided the downward spear jab simply with an upward jump, and stabbed her with my gladius.  She took an awful risk stopping with a man with a drawn gladius close behind, and my guess is that against a more competent fighter than myself, she would have been just about dead right here.

(22:05:34 )
_The Glass Stiletto_
~Kathryn~
Naked Blade Lair Leader
TRC Panther
says to RhodynionTRC
: You were only 5 yards away when I stopped and turned, and then you talked, so you were not stopping then, so I don't really see how you can pull up short of me, but even so you are within spear thrust distance andy ou didn't seem to defend the jab at your lower legs, ergo, I must have hit you some where. 1)My spear low from the jab, and my own words to Medi echoing in my ears (When in doubt, attack to kill!) I rip my spear upwards at an angle towards my left, hoping to strike your wrist below your extended sword with my spear shaft 1' behind the blade, with the intetnt to parry your weapon upwards to about the level of your throat, as 2) I bend at the waisty, intending to duck beneath our raised weapons and 3) I leap forward, going to a left foot lead and trying to come down hard on the instep of your leading left foot, with enough weight and force to break some of the little bones there and hobble you.*
I think she's basically assuming that my gladius is in my right hand, otherwise it would make little sense to move her spear to her left when it started at a position that had been aimed for my legs.

(22:17:16 )
Rhodynion
TRC
: It was easy for me to stop, especially since you only just started moving, my intent was to follow you rather than to overtake you, and you were only running at half speed anyway. Assuming that the spear movement was indeed aimed at my current position rather than where I would have been when I would have passed you, you may have hit something, but quite possibly that would have been my boots - or at least, it didn't seem to bother me too much for now. (1) As your spear moved upwards towards your left, I pulled my left hand back a bit attempting to hit the spear with my gladius moving downwards, somewhat below its blade, hoping to shear it, (2) hurled the quiva from my right hand at your body originally at belly height, and (3) withdrew my left foot a bit to avoid you stepping on it.
I'm way too slow here, posting after 12 minutes!  I suppose that would render most or all of my actions invalid under most systems - not sure about the rules here.  This is also when I make the backpost, which will be discussed later.  And at this distance, the throw was pretty much useless anyway, as pointed out by Ragnar later.  I should have held on to the quiva and stabbed her with it.  But it was sort of an obsession.... I had a quiva, and I just had to throw it.

(22:25:19 )
_The Glass Stiletto_
~Kathryn~
Naked Blade Lair Leader
TRC Panther
says to RhodynionTRC
: What a mess. *My spear is 1.34" diameter tem wood, and yur sword has as much chance of shearing it with the little bit of force you can muster at that distance with your arm extended as you have of biting through the shaft with yer teeth. So my shaft strikes your gladius upwards as I had intended. Since the quivat throw is a pure backpost, I just ignore that, and now in close to you bent over low on a left foot lead with forward momentum and below your sword, and you are pretty much square up to me now after pulling your left foot back, you just seem really vulnerable to the follup rising knee kick to your groin that I deliver with my right knee, with my left foot really only inches from your left foot already 2)I then squat low to give Meid a good target, and try and 3#circle around your right side to try and get behind you while your sword is still to your left and high.*
I'm not square to her of course.  She just tried to stomp my left foot with her left foot, and I only withdrew that foot a bit without moving the rest of my body.  So that knee kick just seems like impossible acrobatics.

(22:38:53 )
Rhodynion
TRC
: A mess it was indeed (which is why I prefer Prodigy btw). My gladius indeed moved upwards, but I saw my quiva hit as intended (let's check that one with Rags, I don't see why I can't throw that at you). I had indeed withdrawn my left foot, but just by a little bit to avoid you stepping on it, and not adjusted the position of my body, so knee kick was way out of direction. (1) As you squatted low and were now very close, I pulled my left arm back to free my gladius and (2) then attempted to plunge it into your right shoulder which was now conveniently within range. (3) As you tried to move towards my right, I attempted to kick your feet from underneath you with a kick from my right boot
Ouch, 13 minutes!  It all got a bit messy here, but basically she's rummaging about my feet and whatever she does can never be as bad as me stabbing downwards with my gladius and likely hitting all sorts of pretty but vulnerable parts of her.  I really think Medi needs to hurry here.......[/orange]

Offline Rhodynion of Ar

« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2010, 05:04:41 PM »

(22:39:36 ) _The Glass Stiletto_
~Kathryn~
Naked Blade Lair Leader
TRC Panther
slips out of character and says to RhodynionTRC: It's past dog walking time. Why don't we let Rags judge this and continue when I get back?

(22:41:07 )
Rhodynion
TRC
slips out of character and says to _The Glass Stiletto_~Kat: Excellent plan. If he arrives at something final, we'll go from there. Or we'll give him a bit more time if necessary and continue later....... I'm not here tomorrow but Friday works for me

(22:41:18 )
Beast
TRC
along the outer creek bank in dense ground cover
: I say we let Medi, Kiera, and themba talk it over first,. See what they have learned. *S*

(22:44:59 )
Beast
TRC
says to ALL
: Okies ladies... talk about your views of the fight out loud so I can see how you are doing. I already have my views of matters. *S*

(22:45:57 )
Medicine Deer
Red Savage
Naked Blade Panther Band
Head Scout
slips out of character and says to ALL: ...Oh, that is simple...Kate skewered him...she didn't lower herself to...choke choke...'throwing stones'...

(22:49:16 )
themba
~runaway slave~
TRC
slips out of character and says to BeastTRC: I feel the quiva sthrow is valid simply because of the time stamp. 
That refers to a rule that had been posted by Ragnar before - an even time stamp means a hit that needs to be parried, and a zero is a hit in any case.  The post where I threw the quiva happened to be an even time stamp

(22:49:34 )
Medicine Deer
Red Savage
Naked Blade Panther Band
Head Scout
slips out of character and says to ALL: ...but, seriously...a complex battle...rolls back to where the engagement started...

(22:50:53 )
themba
~runaway slave~
TRC
slips out of character and says to BeastTRC: both of their last posts were dancing out of eachothers way more than making actual contact?

(22:52:34 )
themba
~runaway slave~
TRC
slips out of character and says to BeastTRC: with the hand to hand combat and not throwing I dont' know how the decision is made as to what hits/succeeds and what doesnt

(22:52:50 )
themba
~runaway slave~
TRC
slips out of character and says to BeastTRC: ~softly~..that's all

(22:54:59 )
Rhodynion
TRC
slips out of character and says to ALL: Let it be assured that any judgement by Ragnar in this matter will be accepted by Me. Otherwise, I now have no comments on the fight of course, since I'm a party in it.

(22:56:17 )
Beast
TRC
says to ALL
: Look at the distances, and use of weapons in direct corelation to that distance. Compare body mechanics with the weapons useage and the fesibility of it all. That is the first thing. Both established their weapons well enough.

(22:58:37 )
Medicine Deer
Red Savage
Naked Blade Panther Band
Head Scout
slips out of character and says to ALL: ...In the first exchange, I don't see a good defense at Kates spear thrust. In the second exchange, I don't see Kate addressing the thrown quiva...

(23:04:08 )
Beast
TRC
says to ALL
: There was some forced positioning going on... as well as combatant judging being posted. What both finally seem to acknowledge and go with is a two yard distance. thats roughly six feet between then. Go from that point. 

(23:05:02 )
Medicine Deer
Red Savage
Naked Blade Panther Band
Head Scout
slips out of character and says to ALL: ...He acknowledged a hit in the first encounter...'You may have hit someting'...That would have affected his abilities, later. 
I totally forgot doing anything about the spear, mainly because in my mind, it had been directed at where she thought I would pass her - which I didn't.  But it would have been better if I had mentioned it of course

(23:07:02 )
Medicine Deer
Red Savage
Naked Blade Panther Band
Head Scout
slips out of character and says to ALL: ...Was 'I saw my quiva hit as intended' a force post? If not, then Kate would have been disabled...
Good question.  Was that a force post?  I mentioned it because I didn't understand the backposting concept and just thought that she had been mistaken to ignore the quiva.  But I shouldn't have mentioned it, it's for teh judge to decide anyway.

(23:07:04 )
Beast
TRC
: You have to determine what was hit and how much it would affect the fight. If he acknowledged where it may have hit, but not how much damage was taken, they the judge will be left to their own thinking in regards to affect.

(23:13:18 )
Medicine Deer
Red Savage
Naked Blade Panther Band
Head Scout
slips out of character and says to ALL: ...'(1) As your spear moved upwards towards your left, I pulled my left hand back a bit attempting to hit the spear with my gladius moving downwards, somewhat below its blade, hoping to shear it, " Look like crossed arms, and weapons on the part of Rhodynion.
Nope. My gladius is in my left hand.

(23:14:36 ) _The Glass Stiletto_
~Kathryn~
Naked Blade Lair Leader
TRC Panther
slips out of character and says to Medicine DeerRed SavageN: We never got as far as backposting. Hold off being confused about why I ignored his thrown quiva for now.

(23:15:42 )
Beast
TRC
: *S* He pulled back ans defended gainst her blow. He could try to chop off her spear head, but given the diameter of the shaft and the closeness ofhisblade in striking, it would be knicked but not sheared off. You really have to get some beef behind a move like that with a large diameter shaft.

(23:16:50 )
Medicine Deer
Red Savage
Naked Blade Panther Band
Head Scout
slips out of character and says to _The Glass Stiletto_~Kat: ...I wondered about what 'Backposting' meant...

(23:20:48 )
Beast
TRC
: Now the quiva throw, he would have hit her with it as far as tactic goes. (Not counting his move at this point... just addresssing te throw itself.) That is close range for a throw. Possible, but not really damaging. He would have to release without any rotation just to get good arm extension. That gives the quiva under three feet to hit. Kate would have been hit, but with not a great deal of umph behind it. She gets stuck... bleeds... but the quiva would not penetrate deep enough to stick and would hit and flop onto the ground. She may have a quarter to half inch deep puncture. Not enough to get through the dense muscle of that area. Would hurt... but far from incapacitating.

(23:24:21 )
Beast
TRC
: She lept forward closing distance, stomps for his foot, he backs his foot to avoid.O guage their distance to be about a yard (A pace) apart. That is extremely close quarters.

(23:27:17 )
Medicine Deer
Red Savage
Naked Blade Panther Band
Head Scout
slips out of character and says to BeastTRC: ..."withdrew my left foot a bit to avoid you stepping on it'. Is that a good enough evasion, or should it be more definite?

(23:27:31 )
Beast
TRC
: I can't tell them what to do, but in her position I would get out of there and use the length of my spear to my advantage. If I were him, I would like the closeness and pull a couple quick punch thrusts with my gladius as it was designed for to "stick" her body a couple times while she was within range. This is a classic matchup of distance and length of weapons range.
Good point!  The distance was actually quite ideal for me, as it normally require an effort on my part to get close to someone who is armed with a spear.  But I had failed to capitalize on that advantage so far.

(23:28:28 )
Beast
TRC
: It would be nice to see how far back he moved his foot, otherwise it is seen as just enough to avoid the stomp.

(23:28:59 ) _The Glass Stiletto_
~Kathryn~
Naked Blade Lair Leader
TRC Panther
slips out of character and says to Medicine DeerRed SavageN: Clearer would have been better, especially to state the distance he moved. He'd get deducted for that if this was a spar decided on points, but it was clear enough to meet the standard of "plausibly could have worked."

(23:30:19 )
Beast
TRC
says to RhodynionTRC
: What you should have done was post your quiva throw at the end of your post as an offensive strike instead of in the middle of your post. That would make it a backpost in our combat system.

(23:31:24 )
Rhodynion
TRC
slips out of character and says to BeastTRC: Ah. I never quite got that concept anyway. I figured I would just throw it at some point in time, in her general direction.

(23:31:40 ) _The Glass Stiletto_
~Kathryn~
Naked Blade Lair Leader
TRC Panther
slips out of character and says to RhodynionTRC: It is a backpost in this system. To be legal it had to be after your defense of my attack.

(23:31:45 )
Beast
TRC
: In our combat system, you are safer taking a dimished hit from a backpost than just blowing it off. You would be relying on the judge to see it exactly as you do. When you fight... you fight your opponent as well as the judge. Both combatants do.
Thanks to both of you, I'll try and remember the backposting concept

(23:33:03 )
Medicine Deer
Red Savage
Naked Blade Panther Band
Head Scout
slips out of character and says to BeastTRC: ...and now in close to you bent over low on a left foot lead with forward momentum and below your sword, and you are pretty much square up to me now after pulling your left foot back, you just seem really vulnerable to the follup rising knee kick to your groin that I deliver with my right knee, with my left foot really only inches from your left foot already"...This move is hard to visualize... 

(23:34:15 )
Rhodynion
TRC
slips out of character and says to BeastTRC: Suppose that I would have switched my numbers (2) and (3), so that I first withdrew my foot and then threw the quiva - which are basically unrelated moves - would it then not have been a backpost?

(23:34:43 ) _The Glass Stiletto_
~Kathryn~
Naked Blade Lair Leader
TRC Panther
slips out of character and says to BeastTRC: Like I said, "pure backpost." It was so obvious that I didn't need to worry about the judge letting it go. And from a strategic standpoint, I'm trying to get inside the effective range of his sword and lose my spear. I'm just discussing this for the sake of training Medi, not to argue.

(23:35:35 )
Beast
TRC

says to ALL
: Since this is not to really be judged, and you both have a great deal ofhonor... I propose we go from here....
Repost the exchange starting from Rho's post of the quiva throw... but post the throw at the end of his post using it as an offensive strike instead of a backpost. Kate defends from that point. The distance will be about a pace and a half to two paces max. Sound fair?

(23:36:52 )
Beast
TRC
: Look at general body mechanics. Consider the length of her thigh in respect to the distance the knee must reach to. 

(23:37:17 ) _The Glass Stiletto_
~Kathryn~
Naked Blade Lair Leader
TRC Panther
slips out of character and says to RhodynionTRC: They get to unrelated. Yes, you could have 1)while you were backing off from the stomp 2)started your arm motion backwards while you were gaining distance and 3)thrown.

(23:38:00 )
Rhodynion
TRC
slips out of character and says to BeastTRC: Continuing the fight now is a bit difficult for me time-wise.........

(23:38:02 ) _The Glass Stiletto_
~Kathryn~
Naked Blade Lair Leader
TRC Panther
slips out of character and says to RhodynionTRC: Do you still want to fight tonight?

(23:39:15 )
Rhodynion
TRC
slips out of character and says to _The Glass Stiletto_~Kat: Considering that it may take a while....... especially with me simply not being very fast at posting........ I'd rather not.

(23:40:03 )
Beast
TRC
slips out of character and says to ALL: If the combat cannot continue, then I suggest breaking off and moving away. Alot of energy used in the exchange but no actual wounds.

(23:40:26 ) _The Glass Stiletto_
~Kathryn~
Naked Blade Lair Leader
TRC Panther
slips out of character and says to RhodynionTRC: Yeah, and we don't want to hang in the middle of the fight. Let's just say we tussled, backed off to get our breath, and decided we should honor the peace of the Exchange.

(23:40:54 )
Rhodynion
TRC
slips out of character and says to _The Glass Stiletto_~Kat: That would be fine with me. And practical too, especially since I can't be online tomorrow

Offline Medi

• A Red Savage 2016 Football Champion
« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2010, 06:17:31 PM »
Thank you, Rho, for posting this, and adding your comments.  I learned a lot.

Medi
Izee' Greyeagle
Lancer's Woman
Daughter to Puma Greyeagle

Offline Kimba~

• C'est la vie, c'est le Gor.
    • PantherClaw Taluna Jungle Homepage
« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2010, 06:32:19 PM »
(22:25:19 )
_The Glass Stiletto_
~Kathryn~
Naked Blade Lair Leader
TRC Panther
says to RhodynionTRC
: What a mess. *My spear is 1.34" diameter tem wood, and yur sword has as much chance of shearing it with the little bit of force you can muster at that distance with your arm extended as you have of biting through the shaft with yer teeth. So my shaft strikes your gladius upwards as I had intended. Since the quivat throw is a pure backpost, I just ignore that, and now in close to you bent over low on a left foot lead with forward momentum and below your sword, and you are pretty much square up to me now after pulling your left foot back, you just seem really vulnerable to the follup rising knee kick to your groin that I deliver with my right knee, with my left foot really only inches from your left foot already 2)I then squat low to give Meid a good target, and try and 3#circle around your right side to try and get behind you while your sword is still to your left and high.*
I'm not square to her of course.  She just tried to stomp my left foot with her left foot, and I only withdrew that foot a bit without moving the rest of my body.  So that knee kick just seems like impossible acrobatics.

This pisses me off, because you don't get to use an inspecific term like "a bit" and then decide later what you meant by it.

You were square, because I declared you square, which I have every right to do when you are not clear about your movement.  Where exactly did you move your leg?  Since you didn't say, I get to.  Period!

Let's see about something else while I am at it.  We're both running at half speed, you five yards behind me.  Only at half speed, I can stop pretty fast.  But you don't even know I am going to stop, and after I start to stop, you still have to figure out what to do.  So how fast, relative to me, can you stop?  Not as fast as me, so the distance goes down from five yards.  Then you post a statement, without stopping running.  So you're still running as you say the statement, for the amount of time it takes to say the statement.  So there is no way on Earth you stop before you get to me.  And even playing on from there was a mistake.

You fought like a newbie, and have the balls to disparage the actions I made to try to carry your roleplay?  Ego, thy name is male.
Kimba, PantherClaw Taluna Jungle, WM

We have it in our power to begin the world over again.~
Thomas Paine

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2010, 01:50:44 AM »

Time will tell.

As I reached the coast, I took cover watching the Panthers and captives that were there. Two Panthers came to the creek to get water and that was just too close to me for comfort. I hurled stones at them and drove them off. Seems I may have busted them up pretty good. Time will tell. I did get them to leave a bucket behind that will come in handy for my use.

While under cover I also observed a brief skirmish between another man and who I believe is the Lair Leader. They each broke off to observe the peace at the beach. I have heard of such a peace at an Exchange but had never witnessed such. I will have to think on this awhile. I will find good concealment and sleep since it seems the Panthers are sleeping for now. Tomorrow is a new day and i hope to get out of the forest and head for home.

Died on the beach fighting for his life.

Offline Rhodynion of Ar

« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2010, 03:06:53 PM »
I'm out.  I wanted to come in tonight but work seemed to last forever and I'm wasted.  And I'm hardly around next week.
Thanks for doing this again.... especially to Ragnar for all his work.  Have fun everybody!

Ego, thy name is male.
You know..... that's why we rule the world.

Offline Medi

« Reply #27 on: January 22, 2010, 03:45:21 PM »
I'm out.  I wanted to come in tonight but work seemed to last forever and I'm wasted.  And I'm hardly around next week.
Thanks for doing this again.... especially to Ragnar for all his work.  Have fun everybody!

Ego, thy name is male.
You know..... that's why we rule the world.

But, you don't rule the Forest...Go Panthers!

Medi
 ;D ;D ;D

Hope to see you soon, again you were a great r/p'er...
Izee' Greyeagle
Lancer's Woman

rep

« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2010, 07:12:47 AM »

i wish you well Master

themba
runaway slave
TRC

Offline Medi

« Reply #29 on: January 31, 2010, 02:40:14 PM »
Haven't seen many men in the Forest lately...damn!

We have had only one good 'spear dance' so far!

<Frustrated>

Medi
 :-\ :-\ :-\
Izee' Greyeagle
Lancer's Woman