Author Topic: 15 years ago today...  (Read 781 times)

Offline Sidona

• WM Tuchuk Council
  • First Slaver ~ MTC
15 years ago today...
« on: April 19, 2010, 01:19:37 PM »
Its been 15 years since the attack here in my home state.

Before 9/11 there was the Oklahoma City Bombing.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/36642084/?GT1=43001

I'll never forget ...
~*~~*~

Offline Taryn

• Finding happiness in glitter and resin
    • Handcrafted Designs by Taithleach
Re: 15 years ago today...
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2010, 03:19:01 PM »
They were discussing it on Fox News this afternoon, as I was flipping through the channels... The headline was... Oklahoma City Bombing... The first domestic terrorist bombing...

I remember that day, got a call from my sister and told turn on the TV, I was already watching, I couldn't tear my eyes from the screen... It was as if I was dreaming, it wasn't real... There was no way a group of US citizens, born and raised in the US of A... Ray came into the room saw the tears and the near puddle on the coffee table that I was leaning on as I watched everything unfold, turned to the TV and stared, shook his head and walked out... He was beyond pissed, I was just stunned...

This is one of many incidents I will never forget, EVER!

Offline Hippie

• Make Love Not War
Re: 15 years ago today...
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2010, 05:41:57 AM »
When my daughter was little and her Grandparents were taking her on vacation throughout the west they asked where all she wanted to visit. The first place she asked to see was the Oklahoma City Memorial. Right before she went she made a teddy bear at Build A Bear and left it and a note at the Memorial. When Timothy McVeigh was executed she asked if she could get up and watch the execution on TV. She told us she wanted to make sure the bad man was really dead and could never hurt any more little children and babies again. She was allowed. Even though she was very young this really effected her and touched her heart deeply. It still brings tears to my eyes thinking about it.
SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES - NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS.