Author Topic: The Coffee Shop Cook Book  (Read 56689 times)

Offline Gina

Re: The Coffee Shop Cook Book
« Reply #120 on: July 10, 2010, 09:43:38 PM »
My family makes these a lot during summertime.  We have a gas grill but its better on a charcoal grill.  But its good either way.

6 Fresh bratwursts
1 12-ounce can beer (not dark beer)
1 medium onion, Chopped
6 Peppercorns
4 whole Cloves
6 Hard Rolls

DIRECTIONS:
Place bratwursts, beer, onion, peppercorns, and cloves in
a 3-quart saucepan. Simmer for 20 minutes. Drain. Grill
bratwursts 2 to 5 inches from charcoal about 10 minutes,
until browned. Sprinkle with water to form a crisp skin.
Serve in hard rolls with coarse grain mustard.  serves 6.  Make as much as you want and enjoy

Offline Gina

« Reply #121 on: July 16, 2010, 11:56:32 PM »
My grams deviled eggs

I thought oyu might like this.  The kids will love them just for snackies.  And so easy to make.  First of all, make sure you boild the eggs the way I say or they will have green inside them.

How to hard boild the eggs.  Put the amount of eggs in cold water.  Don't leave the room because the minute the water begins to boild rapidly, take the pot completely off the stove.  Then tightly cover the pot with a tight lid or a large dish.  Let sit in the water for 25 minutes.  Then take rinse in cold water

this makes 12.  So all you have to do is double to make more.  Just do the math right is all.

6 hard boiled eggs.  Use large, or ex large.  never use small or medium

3 TBSP. Hellmanns real mayo
2 tsp. dried mustard.  This comes in a yellow can in seasoning isle

2 tsp lemon juice.  Can be fresh or kind you buy  all squeezed
1 1/4 tsp. worcestershire sauce
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper
parsley  (optional)  I dont use it
paprika  U use just a few sprinkles, dont overdo it
Its best to mix this all up and refrigerate for a couple hours first.  Then mix up again before filling eggs.  Cover it up tho

Cut eggs in half lengthwise.  Just remix the yolk mixture and add it to the eggs.  Sprinkle with paprika

Cut eggs in half lengthwise.

you can double or triple this recipe for larger crowds.  This is my grams recipe and she has always gotten rave reviews.  refrigerate after making for a while before serving.

Offline Gina

« Reply #122 on: November 19, 2011, 11:29:35 AM »
Do any of you still have a recipe called Killer Shrimp?  It was posted by one of you at another chatsites recipe forum way back.  I had copied it but lost it somehow and I am hoping opne of you have it and will post?