Author Topic: Clans  (Read 9013 times)

Offline DJ Kan

• The DJ From Hell
Clans
« on: August 26, 2005, 06:28:54 PM »
Now, I have given this Much thought, and have actually talked it over with a few over the past year and a half I've been here.
and I know Us to be a Massive Camp, now with a Camp this size, and all, there is bound to be Clans that are just as important as any of the ones We have Now.

Now, Here's My Question of Sorts to Our Family.

besides those Clans Listed on the Pages.

what other Clans would there be for a Wagon Camp?

I am not sure if this was on the Old Boards or not, I would have to check, though I know at one point it was accidently cleaned of very old Posts, but still, We have new Family Members now, and would like to here the Input of Such, to what they would think is here in Our camp.

-sits back and listens-  ;D
« Last Edit: August 26, 2005, 09:31:17 PM by Shukan Nar »

-Jedi Council of the Dew-

"May God Help My Enemies, Cuz I sure the Hell Won't"

Offline Darkling

Re: Clans
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2005, 08:58:57 PM »
Saddlemakers of course!!!
Cooks
Healers
Scarrers
Warriors
Garment-Workers
Cobblers
Hunters
Butchers
Iron-workers
Animal Trainers

Offline Kitya

• Surrounded by a multitude of shadows
    • Kitya's Soap Factory
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2005, 10:07:39 PM »
Ones that aren't on the page eh? hmmmmm.... well, offhand I'd say

Cutler (to sharpen anything and to fix and clean chain mail) I did this for a little bit but was never totally sure how to rp it since I'm not allowed to sharpen knives at home...  ::)
Blacksmiths are not on the list currently but we have had them in Camp before
I don't see why there can't be a paint or Dye Maker, altho that may fall under the Herbalist's job. I just think that since most dyes would be made from plants we could do this and then we could have clothing made in different colours since I know the dye used for clothing would be different from the dye used for Scarring.
Seamstresses since confirmed bachleors probably didn't take the time to learn how to mend their own clothing.

Thats all I can think of off the top of my  head.. I'll sleep on it tho.

Kitya

Offline familure{TD}

• woobie's mini-me
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2005, 01:13:44 AM »
after pondering this for a bit...Musicians would have to be the only Clan that really comes to mind...would say singers but really dont wish Mistress Savi to step up and fill that void~g~

To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift. - Steve Prefontaine

Offline DJ Kan

• The DJ From Hell
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2005, 06:00:03 PM »
Dye makers is on the Pages, but awhile back there was a discussion in the room itself,  There is dye for the clothing and everything else, and the Dyes for the Scars,... Now, the difference is, one is very deadly if put into the scars, where as the Dyes for scars are more safer, but for the Moment Muse is the Dye maker for the Scars, which is very helpful because I've been to busy to grab info for Myself to make the pages, though I know soll has a page for such.

Blacksmiths mmmmm is pretty much IronMaster, because We are a Wagon Camp, We do not have Forges, so the IronMaster does what He can without a Forge.

though if wanting to stretch it, (I would suggest talking to Ubar about such) I believe the Japanese were able to do more without a forge, to make blades etc. though my knowledge is very low about that, reason being is, We do not want to burn a wagon down, or kill anyone with the heat that would be blaring through, and goes back to burning the wagon down.

I am glad to see this thread trying to take off, I am sure My family can come up with more then what is here already.

Remember, This is a Massive Wagon Camp, and Anything put down is nice, because nothing is to small or unimportant regarding Camp.

Keep up the good work family!

Offline Shadow duck

• WM Tuchuk Trainers
  • is she just a memory?
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2005, 03:00:50 PM »
umm animal trainers pottery also would be clans would they not??? ((and of course if ya think about it slave trainers is also a sort of clan. *grin*..  but then that would be included in the animal trainers))

bounces off to think more...
duckie rules

Offline DJ Kan

• The DJ From Hell
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2005, 03:51:30 PM »
Very good duckie!

Aye, We only have Two (three if You include Lilac though not sure) Animal Type Trainers, that would be for Kaiila, an that is Krul, and Tarns by Gryphon (when He has the time anyways)

I have read some more quotes and words else where.

We need sleen trainers again, perhaps Bosk Trainers, though I know (I think I do anyways) That the bosk are trained by their owners, but since We put twists on things.

We have so many animals within Tuchuk that the One's We have in Mass would need their own Individual type I suppose. those that I can think of thus far would be.

Sleen
Bosk
Verr (though Herders I would think they be)
Vulo (most likely NPC's take care of this, unless someone really really wants to Herd/Raise them as well Lol)

Now as for Others that would be in a Camp, Material type handlers, Any type, like One's that see to the care or making of Wagon Coverings Etc. I will continue thinking about this as well.

There is so many more that would benefit a Wagon Camp.

Come on Family, Use Your Minds!

Keep up the Good work!!!  ;D

-edits to add- And Yes I know We have some of what I said on the Pages itself, I was just basing My thoughts off of such, it's just to throw ideas at everyone and get their minds working,  ;)
« Last Edit: August 29, 2005, 03:58:47 PM by Shukan Nar »

Offline Amber

• Turns Out - I'm Smarter than a House Plant
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2005, 07:48:35 AM »
I don't think sleen trainers would be good?  I am sure I read somewhere that sleen are very loyal to whoever trains them, once that person dies (disappears) the sleen would never be useful again, it wouldn't be re-trainable at all and would have to be killed.  Or maybe that was some other animal.  Point being if we had a sleen trainer, the sleen would only listen to them and no one else.  I dunno, I Just woke up, I may just be rambling.

Offline kadi{MTC}

• WM Tuchuk Trainers
  • Tuchuk's lil pouncer
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2005, 07:56:49 AM »
Sleen, Prairie
the prairie sleen is tawny in color, and are smaller than the forest sleen, but quite as unpredictable and vicious. Domesticated prairie sleen are used for hunting and nocturnal herd sleen are used as shepherds and sentinels. They are released from their cages with the falling of darkness, responding only to the voice of their master. They are killed with their owner dies.
farther to one side I saw a pair of prairie sleen, smaller than the forest sleen but unite as unpredictable and vicious, each about seven feet in length, furred, six-legged, mammalian, moving in their undulating gait with their viper's heads moving form side to side, continually testing the wind
Nomads of Gor, page 2
May love and laughter light your days..And warm your heart and home..May good and faithful friends be yours..Wherever you may roam..May peace and joy bless your world.. And may all life's passing seasons..Bring the best to you and yours..

Offline DJ Kan

• The DJ From Hell
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2005, 12:17:05 PM »
Actually Amber, since kadi posted that, that is correct, but the way I see it, is, a "Sleen Trainer" as it is, to Me would be more of a Guide or something, Specializing in the ways of sleen, and guiding Said Person to "Master" that sleen and get it to acknolwedge His/Her voice.

kind of like those Classes for Owners and their Dogs -chuckles- That is MY take on it anyways.

I could be wrong, I could be Right, it may sound foolish, but this is Online and well, yeah.

I suppose instead of Sleen Trainer, could be sleen breeder.
but I think Animal Handler is the General Term, as Lilac is the Handler.
though I think it maybe different (I don't know I don't see any discription on the pages for it)

Offline Haldir

« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2005, 01:01:11 PM »
do W/we have a weapons smith...how about glass blower...a tool maker.things like this..wagon wheels.. a wheel wright((sp?)) also do W/we have accountants of some kind.. etc..thats just My take on it...if I'm wrong..it wont be the first time..~wink~
« Last Edit: September 01, 2005, 01:03:05 PM by Haldir »
certainty of death? small chance of success?
what are we waiting for?

Offline Shadow duck

• WM Tuchuk Trainers
  • is she just a memory?
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2005, 01:34:58 PM »
ummm the trainer of sleens would fall under a clan headin yes.. but in the books yes it does say that they only respond to one an as kadi has posted they would only be usefull as long as that person was alive after that they would have to be distroyed. not sure if they can be trained to follow two persons or retrained to be used by others.. ((think police dog they can an have been retrained to follow another voice, what about maybe usin hand signals then the beast wouln't have to have only one owner more then one could control them as long as they had been i guess the best word would be introuduced to them)) no glass blower that would be a cool clan.. but isn't that kinda like a pottery person on no wait kiln an fire two different kinds of creation.. sorry... we do have a jewlery maker and a painter clans.. and the wagon wheels wouldn't that be covered by a Metal Master.. as he makes weapons with a forge an most wheels for wagons need some metal to allow them to last long trips or migrations if ya perfer... weavers or leather makers is two more that could be considered for clans..

sorry just my two coppers worth..
chanz.. **the thinkin duckie** ???
duckie rules

Offline kadi{MTC}

• WM Tuchuk Trainers
  • Tuchuk's lil pouncer
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2005, 01:40:39 PM »

Bosk-Keepers
Camp Singers
Clerks
Drummers
Haruspex
Camp Fortune-teller
Healers
Hunter
Iron Master
Tortures
Kaiila Keepers
Leather Workers
Salt-Hunters
Scarrers
Sleen Keepers
Slave Trainers
Spies
Traders
Wagoneers
Year Keepers

May love and laughter light your days..And warm your heart and home..May good and faithful friends be yours..Wherever you may roam..May peace and joy bless your world.. And may all life's passing seasons..Bring the best to you and yours..

Offline DJ Kan

• The DJ From Hell
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2005, 06:20:04 PM »
Weapon Smith would require a Forge, and  there is no way really We can do that, IronMaster does ALL the Metal work within Camp.
and Aye, WheelWhright is One.  Glass Blowers, I do not know what We would need that for honestly,... and Accountants, No, as that would most likely deal with Coin, and Coin means nothing to a Wagon Camp, Can not fur, eat or drink it, We usually either make things that are needed, or We take things -g-

Now since We're going onto Wagon Wheels, that would be WheelWright once again, an the IronMaster would be making the bands or whatever a Wheel would need and then given to the Wright. though I believe it is just Nails or whatnot for the wheels,... as I believe a thick leather strip is used for the outter rim of the Wheel, (an Unflatible Tube, minus air tube and ability to raise LOL)

Now as far as I know for Leather Makers, I believe Karanis is the Clan Elder for Leather,... We had another but She left Camp/Gor all together (last time I checked anyways) so Aye, Leather Workers would be good, (would be different then the Leather Garment Maker on the List)

Good to see some Minds are working -chuckles-

:D ;) ;D

Yetu

« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2005, 08:35:23 PM »
*slips Mine in there too*

Artisans
  *Pottery*