Author Topic: I'm still alive...  (Read 832 times)

Offline Taryn

• Finding happiness in glitter and resin
    • Handcrafted Designs by Taithleach
I'm still alive...
« on: October 01, 2011, 10:04:29 PM »
Just wanted to let my family know that I am still alive and breathing, I have come into the room a couple of times, but other things have pulled me back out. Mostly I have been searching for a gift for my dad's 80th birthday at the end of this month, which as of two weeks ago we weren't going to be able to fly out, since there were no flights out to get me out there, but after some juggling some appointments around my parents were able to get me a flight out. While we were on the phone with my mom, we learned that we could afford to get tickets for Ray to join me so we could fly out together and I wouldn't be stuck at my parent's place, since I don't drive and probably won't be able to until we get a car that will get me through the driving test without problems. Anyway, we are flying out to Cali on October 25 and will return home on November 4, during which time we will be able to celebrate my dad's 80th birthday, as well as my great nephew Kael's 1st birthday, which is something we were talking about going out for, but as we will be there, that's not going to be a problem.

We will be home just a little over a month before we fly out to Cali again for the holidays, this time we will be gone from December 13 and returning home January 4. My dad tried to get us there for a full month, but with us having to go to our pain management doctor every 4 weeks, we couldn't do a full month visit, plus we aren't sure if we will have a doctor to return to after the new year, as our current one is retiring and moving to Florida. He is currently interviewing doctors to take over his practice, so he doesn't end up putting over 200 patients out on the streets with little no chance of finding a pain management doctor who actually cares about them as he does, plus there are less than 5 pain management doctors in this state and growing less and less by the month as more doctors are found to be "candy" doctors.

I am hoping before we leave at the end of this month, I will be able to find time to get into camp as I have been in needing to be in camp. I will say this, as I have been mostly holed up doing searches for new recipes to try out as the weather has dropped enough that I can do some serious baking and not cause anyone hanging out in the kitchen to get a case of heat exhaustion due to the heat coming off the oven. With our trip out to Cali at the end of the month, I will be going shopping with my soon to be nephew in law, Logan, (who just proposed to my niece last Monday), during which time I hope to find out what both he and my niece Kat want for Christmas. Logan is a professional baker/chef, though mostly baker I believe, he's gotten me addicted to shopping at Sur La Table and when we go out to Cali, I will be able to shop at an actual store just 15-20 minutes east of where they currently live, where I hope to be able to get a list of items that I will be buying in the near future so we can have cookware and bake ware that won't be used by anyone else in the house, only Ray & I, and the items I end up cooking or baking comes out better than what I am getting with the cheapest stuff we could afford at the time. Though we have been buying better stuff lately, it's still not all that good, but soon I will be able to cook and bake with the best or close to the best.

I am going to go here, since it seems I have started to ramble a bit, but I thought I would let you know what I have been up to and what has been going on. I am now heading off to gather some more new recipes that I plan on trying at some point either tomorrow or this coming week, since our landlord has been trying to get me to bake some goodies, so I am going to give in and make something new to see how it goes over with the house before I put it down in my tried and true recipe journal. So I will try to get in tomorrow night, if I don't overdo things, so hopefully I will see you guys there, if not, I have a lot of reports and stuff to catch up on.

Taryn/Di

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
  • NEVER YIELD - NEVER QUIT
Re: I'm still alive...
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2011, 05:22:37 AM »
Denied.

LOL

Enjoy!!!

Offline Mercilayne

• MTC - Vintner Clan Elder
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2011, 10:21:35 AM »
I hope to see you soon!  And it's good to hear from you again.  Miss ya sis.  -huggs- 

Offline razz|n.o.i.r

• TCP
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2011, 09:50:58 AM »
Thought I'd said something in here...oh well.  :-* :-* :-* :-*

I hope everything goes good True. -thumbs up-
S I l v e r . & . C o l d
Sarant'satsral Onyxbane

IN | T:CP
- P o r t a l . o f . D r e a m s -
-In Mourning-

Offline Taryn

• Finding happiness in glitter and resin
    • Handcrafted Designs by Taithleach
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2011, 06:45:47 PM »
Trying to reply to this thread now 3 times, this is the 4th, never mind how many times I have tried to get on the boards here's to it posting -fingers crossing- that this posts. Due to a router or something going awry with our connection, I can't even get in the room much less getting the who chat to come up, in fact, I can't get onto the web without waiting what feels likes hours for anything to come up. This is has been going on for the past day and a half, we have called tech support and they have restarted the modem several times without any success and we have restarted our computers as many times as the modem has been manually restarted by tech support, as well as we have restarted it and still barely any connection.

Worst part is I have a couple more recipes to copy down so I can get down to making them this week, as I am trying to find a recipe to use for my dad's birthday party, I got permission to take over my sister's kitchen to make my cupcakes, plus help from my niece's fiance Logan, since it's starting to look like I am going to do Port Wine Cupcakes, which is has many steps and 3 recipes besides the main cupcakes. This is going to be fun though, besides I have been talking to Logan and it looks like he has a venue for me to sell my cupcakes through besides eBay or Etsy. If this works out, Ray & I won't have to rely on doing work on line as much as we are doing right now, the only drawback is I might need a larger kitchen and the kitchen here is a good size, but there is no room to handle hundreds of cupcakes at one time, so we might be looking for our own place so we don't end up having to share, though we really don't want to move out, since we are the only ones who have been making sure that our landlord doesn't get walked over by current tenants or possible tenants. If it comes down to us moving, we will more than likely work something out that will ensure that she can rent to people reliable and not likely to rob her blind or other problems. But that's sometime down the line and not now, so when that time comes if it does, then we will deal with it then, though those who know me I am always thinking ahead there is no changing that, I am looking ahead for if things work out or if they don't and have a plan for either path to happen smoothly.

Anyway, I am going to cross my fingers that this posts, then I am off to see if I can get the last of the recipes to pull up so I can finish the list, because I have this odd feeling that I am going to be stocking the pantry and fridge with items for all the recipes and pissing off the other roommates that use the fridge, at least until I finish making the goodies. Then they can stuff their mouths with my cupcakes and find out why there was no room in the fridge and maybe that will stop their complaining. I wish. Love you my family, here's hoping whatever has caused problems to our connection fixes itself soon, because I have av lessons to finish as well and I can't get onto that web page either, sadly, one of my outlets when I can't get on line. :(