Author Topic: The return  (Read 5285 times)

Offline Lord Gray

The return
« on: January 30, 2012, 05:57:24 PM »
  The caring and  beautiful Queen had sent messengers far and wide wie scant sucess until after years had passed...a hobbled aide finally caught a scent of the one she sought...He labored as the trail was faint and dim but the young man was focused on his task.the orders from his Queen were clear..."Dinna return until ye 'ave suceeded. The Queen was fair but firm but beyond that he worshipped her and would do anything to fulfill his quest.

As his quest brought him through glen and glade he chanced upon an auld cabin...small and sparsley furnished. He searched it from thatched roof to the edges of the earthen floor where he discovered a small door buried under the makeshift bed. His heart pounded with excitment as he cautiously open the door...lighting a candle and peering inside he found a leather pouch which when opened ,bore only a simple missive.

"Bring ma wolf here. Whoever has found this will understand. The wolf is part of me and he will find me and the Queen will tell him to follow ye. Let him smell the pouch ...then he will find me. Be ever so careful because I hae left the company of men and women for a reason. Tread lightly sojourner and dun be hasty...the nearer ye get..the mair dangerous it will be for you..!

The servant flew as fast as his feet could bear him and fell to the floor in front of his queen in sheer exhaustion. she ordered him ta rise but he could scant draw a breath. His hand shook as he weakly offered the missive he found. Gasping for air and trembling...he shook with fear of disappointing his Queen.

Her breath caught in her throat as she read the parchment over and over..knowing that it came from the hand of the one she sought..Her archer..who she worried over and protected for so long.. had finally been found..almost.

She ordered food and drink for the servant, made sure that he was taken to bathe and then had him brought back to her the verra next day.
"Ye hae done well and here are my final instructions. The wolf, a gift from the One ye seek , shall go with ye. Make sure ye guard him wie yer own life! Ye are close to a reward ye can nae even imagine. A word of caution however. Understand that this is a man with some skills and shall not be taken lightly. He wid slay you with ease just for sport. He has hidden well and will nae be approached easily. Let the wolf lead the way and dun follow too closely. As soon as he sees the wolf he will be on guard and wary. this is when he will be the deadliest. Call out and offer to show him that ye are a true messenger of the Queen.

The Queen stood from her throne and approached him...unclasping her necklace and placing it around his neck. "This token he will know and understand who seeks him out. Make sure ye are strong for he will waste no time to return. Please tell him there is nought to worry over. His Queen is safe and anxiously awaiting his return."

With that the Queen dismissed him and bade him Godspeed. Watching from her balcony she worried. Praying that both men wid return safely. She knew the waiting wid be long so she surrounded herself with the company of her Court, trying to appear calm but her nervousness showed to those close to her.

The messenger ran wie an easy lope..the wolf at his side...covering the miles effortlessly. The words of his Queen running through his mind over and over again.."Be careful...be careful....very skilled...kills easily." He slowed as he reached the auld cabin...quieting his breath and cautiously approaching it yet again. As he reached the doorway he knelt....calling the wolf...holding oot the leather wrapping and letting the animal poke at it wie his wet nose. The wolf shook his head violently from side to side..took a few more sniffs of the aged leather and spun in circles..his nose to the ground.

Lifting head head and peering into the overgrowth he fairly lept up and raced through the brush. The man, taken unawares, reacted quickly and ran after the animal. He knew the great wolf was on the scent and his feet made nary a sound as he flew after him. An hour later he had to stop as darkness had come. He had lost sight of the wolf and all hope at the same time. He was despondent and barely had the strength to gather wood and build a small fire. He whispered a few prayers as he lie near the flames in hopes thay wid be heard and the wolf wid return.

The fire warmed him and the glowing coals and small flame made him drowsy. He was near sleep when suddenly he felt a razor sharp blade at his neck. The whispered words, growled out at him, shook him to his core. "Tell me why ye seek me out stranger..dun move at all..One lie and yer head will depart from yer neck!.

Fear made the man shudder  as he squeaked oot his reply. Queen Caera hae sent me for you. I dinna know yer name but she seeks you. She says...All is well and dun worry aboot her.

The Rogue pulled on the dagger just enough to draw a thin line of blood as he rasped  "Ye best have proof of this or surely ye will be dead before ye blink"

The messenger nearly fainted but he managed to reply.." around ma neck...around ma neck...please Sir...look at it..the Queen said as soon as  ye saw it all wid be clear to you". Not even blinking the messenger felt large fingers snatch the necklace from his neck with ease. Waiting...sweat trickling doon over his nose the messenger waited, his heart racing in his chest.

He felt the dagger being withdrawn and a calloused hand spun him around. A gasp escaped his lips as he saw a large man..dressed in ragged leathers wie a large sword at his side..a bow slung across his body...and the great wolf standing...staring at the messenger...growling softly.

The Rogue's blue eyes seemed to glow,a ring of gold around the blue. "On yer feet ' he growled. "Dun speak, move as I move and I may let ye live lang enough to see yer Queen yet again. He then spun around on the balls of his feet and raced off shouting.."Dun fall behind of surely yer life will be forfeit !.

Off the odd trio raced..silently but swiftly, the messenger glad to be alive and wondering aboot this unkempt giant of a man pushed himself to his limits to keep up. Running by day....sleeping for a few hours at night..wondering also how the Rogue never closed his eyes.

Three days they ran until they reached the empire of the Queen. Finally the Rogue stopped and spoke for the  first time in days. "Tell yer Queen that her Archer has returned and that he will be along shortly.Warn the guards that any attempt to remove my bow or sword will not be met with a kindly response. the wolf stays with me until I return him To Queen Caera...Understood?"

The messenger , still far too nervous to speak shook his head up and down rapidly....blinking...backing away slowly before turning and racing towards his home.

The Rogue knelt, pulling his companion to his side and speaking to him. Ye have kept her safe as I prayed ye wid. Lifting his eyes to the distance and examining the lie of the land he sighed softly and spoke softly to the wolf. "I hae returned and I pray all is well. it may nae be for lang but..I have returned.

Offline spi brat

• †spiorad†
Re: The return
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2012, 06:24:30 PM »
small bare feet verily scamper down tae t' steps of tae servants tower as small delicate hands clutch t' parchment she found tucked under her door as she lands whit a bounce at t' bottom of tae steps as she slips tae t' hearth furs as she sinks tae her knees..firm lil bottom wiggling tae her heels as small  fingers smooth out tae parchment as her head dips...fiery tresses falling tae frame small heart shaped face as her fingers race tae words as vivid blue eyes whit thier odd silver rings scan tae missive as she reads carefully and re-reads as a deep smile ripens upon t' curves of lush strawberry lips as a a lil squeal escapes as she slaps a hand over her mouth as a couple of guards come running thinking something tis a miss as she giggles an waves them off much tae their dismay as she re-reads as her lil heart  thumps whit joy at t' return of Aine Who's presence hae been lang and sorely missed as she makes a mental check...green bath dye..check...new batch of itching powder...check.....spi's exploding whipped cream..check....soft lil giggle as she whispers as she clutches t' parchment tae her....let t' games begin!
“Die Wunden des Geistes heilen, ohne dass Narben bleiben"..."The wounds of the spirit heal and leave no scars.”

Offline Caera Anne

• As long as I have breath, I have hope
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2012, 11:06:00 PM »

The great wolf, Nails had been given me, so long ago, by one who had oft raised his sword in my defense and had led my archers to victory many a time. I recall well the day; the gift of the wolf was given. My trusted friend said, that he worried for when he was nae available to protect me, but would leave me his own wolf, Nails to stand in his stead, when needed for protection. It was difficult to  let the wolf go with the messenger, for  he had  been my constant companion and slept at the foot of my bed since I was queen of  Carthal  and came with me when I was called home to Caernarfon and to rule. All these years had protected my chambers from intruders.  My maid Marie insisted on sleeping on a pallet at the foot of my bed, while the great wolf, Nails was gone. T’was strange, nae having those paws, scratching the side of my bed in early morn hours, letting me know the sun had arisen in the sky.

Many a year ago, when my dear friend, who had gifted me the wolf, asked to take leave and go deep into the forest, how could I have said nae to him. So my yea was given and from my sight he did leave for these many years.

Waiting anxiously for the messenger with the wolf as his guide, I doth sent, asking oft, if he had returned or sent word. So oft, I would be begin to ask and would be told,  “Nae yet, m’Queen, have patience for he shalt have traveled and searched for a many of day to find who  ye seek. Be patient yet, a while longer. “

I asked so oft of the messenger, that it came to be those of my court sought to distract me lest I worry more.  They enlisted troubadours and all sort of bards to distract me. When another suggested I hunt, the hall went silent.  For they knew well, that Nails always accompanied me upon my hunts and it would truly remind me of the hunt for my dear friend, which had been entrusted to Nails  who would find his first master. To prove the messenger validity, I had sent a treasured necklace, a gift from Nail’s master to show that the messenger was true and could be trusted. For It would be known to the giver who had it made it made for me.

Then came the day, Marie awakened me, saying, “m’Queen, he returned in the night and shall only  speak his words to Thee.” I immediately knew of whom she spake of. Some thing within told me he was alone. Slipping into the robe, Marie held for me, she smoothed my hair with a brush, while my small feet slipped into satin slippers.

The messenger awaited me in my outer rooms. As I stepped in, he quickly arose and dropped to one knee, his head lowered. There was confirmation, the great wolf was not there and neither was whom they had been sent to find. Before I bid him arise, I asked, “What news have you for me? Pray tell it be good news.”  I had even entreated the Fates to be kind to me and that my friend be found well.

The messenger’s head yet lowered, spoke. “m’Queen, the one ye have sought and sent me to find has indeed been found. For the great wolf ye has sent with me, knew the scent of his master. Ye were right to send the necklace, for it preserved my life from being taken by his hand. He bid me to return and tell, the wolf will remain with him until he himself returns him to you. And then he shall present himself.  He doth bid me to say, he has returned, but knows nae for how long.”

Hearing the words, I reached for a chair to steady myself. Then I spoke. “Then he is well?”

The messenger, finally raising his eyes, then spoke. “Aye, m’Queen, he be well. Though as we ran for three days from where I found him, he nearly ran me into the ground and I thought my heart would burst in my chest as I tried to keep up with him. He be well.”

Turning to Marie, I spoke. “Reward the lad well and send him to eat and rest.”

Marie knew the audience was finished and led the weary lad from the outer chambers. Tears of relief for my friend filled my eyes as I slipped into a chair. When Marie returned to the outer chamber, I spoke to her.  “Marie, send a messenger to Castle MacLaaran, telling, I shall come with one who has been gone many a year. Those words be enough.”

"If you lose hope, somehow you lose the vitality that keeps life moving,
you lose that courage to be, that quality that helps you go on in spite of
it all. And so today I still have a dream."

Offline ~lava~

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2012, 10:48:00 AM »
She adjusts her cloak and rearranges the hood over her long blonde hair, pushing stray locks out of sight as she makes her way through the familiar village. It is early morning and still rather dark, which she prefers. She has done a good job of keeping a low profile since her recent return, and she plans to keep it that way until she works up her nerve to visit her old home.

She has watched the comforting glow of the candle in the window for several nights, telling herself she needs to walk through those doors and face the memories. It’s just hard to know when the time is right.

She slips into the bakery to select a pastry for breakfast, careful to keep her face as hidden as possible and to blend in with the small crowd. She overhears two men discussing the return of a certain Rogue to MacLaaran. She shakes her head and blinks, convinced she heard wrong. It has been so long since she had heard mention of her dear friend. So she moves a bit closer and tilts her head, while pretending to decide which pastry she wants. She hears his name again, more clearly, and smiles softly.

“i think the time is very near,” she says to herself as she slips out, completely forgetting about breakfast as she allows the memories to wash over her.

Offline Sir Tristram

• A Rogue by nature, a Flirt by choice
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2012, 03:20:56 PM »
Spi,
remind me to give you a hand cleaning up the dungeon (yeah I know what you're thinking Gray LOL) because if these two are coming back then I'm shackl'n their arses so they can't leave again anytime soon....   ;)

Offline faerieeva

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2012, 05:17:32 PM »
*Sends you Windstorm's blacksmith to help forge chains*

((BTW, magnificent story, my friends.))

Offline Dreamweaver

• Learn from Yesterday, live for today
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2012, 07:31:03 PM »
Glancing down at the Village, her dark eyes move slowly towards the Castle, then quickly back to the Village, seeing a lass that looks familiar, she shakes her head slightly, thinking nae I must be dreaming, it has been to long..leaning back against the tree she can't help but wonder though, after hearing the rumors of a Rogue returning also...a slight smile forms on her lips, for she had heard, from spi, that Lord Gray had returned when she slipped into the Castle the other night..so many memories flow through her mind...

Her dark eyes glance once more at the Castle as she rises, remembering so many years ago when she had been as spi...and spi continues the legacy of Mac and is slowly bringing it alive again...she slips off into the Mists
Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment

Offline Caera Anne

« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2012, 10:42:20 AM »
As Marie brushed my hair this morn, she chattered about gossip in the castle, who was seen by servants, coming out of which room, words might have been heard, but no real memory of what she had said. As she finished, she held up slippers for me to choose from of which to wear with the rose colored gown, only when I realized one pair held in hands were deep green. I had to smile at her and of course chose the matching deep rose ones. She knew well I had not been paying attention to her morning diatribe on the events of the castle. As she knelt to slip my feet in the small satin slippers, she spoke, but this time I listened. ”m’Queen, yer heart is anxious for yer friend, do ye not trust in the Knight’s wisdom and that he will do as he said?”

Marie waited for no answer, but went on and began to fasten up the deep rose satin gown as I stood. The old elf spoke wisdom in her simple words which had quickened in my heart. I had followed what instinct had directed me to do, sent out messengers, far and wide for him when I felt it time for his return. When they had no success, I had sent Nails to seek the scent of his master and in this he was found. Now would I not continue in the course of what I had known the gods had set in motion? So as I stepped forth from my chamber, and my guard fell in step beside me, the burden of my heart had eased as I walked to the council chambers.  As Marie waited in the doorway, I simply said: ”Aye, he shall know the time.”

Offline kadi{MTC}

• WM Tuchuk Trainers
  • Tuchuk's lil pouncer
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2012, 06:33:31 PM »
this is so good i cant wait to read the next part x
May love and laughter light your days..And warm your heart and home..May good and faithful friends be yours..Wherever you may roam..May peace and joy bless your world.. And may all life's passing seasons..Bring the best to you and yours..

Offline Lord Gray

« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2012, 05:51:19 AM »
   He thought he was so clever being able to sneak past the guards when he finally went to see Anne. He had no way of knowing that they were aware of his pending arrival and they let him pass without challenge. He arrived with Nails trotting behind him into the great hall. He met a seamstress there and he was sure that he frightened her a bit. His years of hiding and being alert to all dangers had conditioned him to strike first at any perceived enemies. Now, he did not threaten the woman but he did ask her to warn others not to approach him.

Alas, the Queen was not about so he settled himself by the hearth, grateful for the warmth that it provided. Growing weary he put the great beast on guard and eased his weary bones to the floor..sleeping lightly as was his custom.

His undying affection for the Queen did not stop him from waking as soon as he heard the birds singing as the dawn broke and leaving the castle quietly. He was sad that his plans for a reunion were not fruitful and he was anxious to bathe and groom himself properly before he returned.

He wandered through the town where he bartered with various merchants. Selecting the finest garb from them and paying for his wares with some of the valuable pelts he had collected. Taking the garments he stole into the forest yet again where he found a secluded stream to bathe in.  Nails leapt into the water while he bathed and he frolicked with him in the frigid water. The weight in his heart lifting a bit he felt himself actually smiling for the first time in four long years. With water streaming from his naked body he left the stream, laughing at Nails as he shook himself dry.

The clothing felt strange only because he was accustomed to leathers instead. He chuckled as he remembered passing by the merchant that was selling tights. He bartered for a pair of pink ones and instructed them to be delivered forthwith to the Castle and be personally handed to the residing rogue.

With that merry thought in mind he gathered his old garments and buried them near a large oak tree where he could retrieve them at a later time.
His thoughts now turned to the reunion and of the other items that he needed to acquire before he arrived again.

Offline Caera Anne

« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2012, 04:33:25 PM »
(Warning, long RP, summary is Lord Gray was found and returned.)

(02/04/12 - 16:54:40 )
Lord Gray
| Ascendo tuum |

• CAERNARFON CASTLE •
= Great Hall =
by the hearth
in the lower bailey
{ Guarded at all times }
says to ALL: *his throat was dry...no doubt for the anticipation of meeting the Queen*

(02/04/12 - 16:57:08 )
Queen Caera Anne Gwynedd
Regnant of Caernarfon
As long as I have breath, I hope.
Kingdom of Caernarfon, MoT, RpO

• CAERNARFON CASTLE •
= Great Hall =
by the hearth
in the lower bailey
{ Guarded at all times }
says to Lord Gray| Ascendo tuum : you were announced to the great hall, turning, as I stood near the hearth, ........ "Gray"...... the piece of parchment I held in my hand I had dropped when I  saw you and ran across the hall to you.

(02/04/12 - 16:59:25 )
Lord Gray
| Ascendo tuum |
• CAERNARFON CASTLE •
= Great Hall =
by the hearth
in the lower bailey
{ Guarded at all times }
says to Queen Caera Anne Gwynedd: *My heartbeat raced as I caught a glimpse of you, .opening my arms while I ran to meet you,  catching your small frame easily and hugging you tightly to ma chest*

(02/04/12 - 17:01:57 )
Queen Caera Anne Gwynedd
Regnant of Caernarfon

• CAERNARFON CASTLE •
= Great Hall =
by the hearth
in the lower bailey
{ Guarded at all times }
says to Lord Gray| Ascendo tuum : I held tightly to you, you had been my friend, protector, advisor and so much to me that all the worry for you finally ended now, as I buried my face in your chest, I heard your heart beat, finally you were safe  and home once again. 

(02/04/12 - 17:04:36 )
Lord Gray
| Ascendo tuum |

• CAERNARFON CASTLE •
= Great Hall =
by the hearth
in the lower bailey
{ Guarded at all times }
says to Queen Caera Anne Gwynedd: *clasping the back of your head in one large hand...I held it tightly against me, trying to compose myself, the sudden upwelling of emotion so strange and overwhelming to me, more than a few deep breaths were required until I was capable of speaking, whispering actually*......Anne...You have found me.

(02/04/12 - 17:08:55 )
Queen Caera Anne Gwynedd
Regnant of Caernarfon

• CAERNARFON CASTLE •
= Great Hall =
by the hearth
in the lower bailey
{ Guarded at all times }
says to Lord Gray| Ascendo tuum : My eyes had filled with tears, until you were here and I saw you. Then finally speaking softly while I nodded, looking up..... "Aye, you're home now. And my searching has nae been in vain. "..... I trembled and I knew not why, other than finally all the fear and worries could be released. 

(02/04/12 - 17:12:55 )
Lord Gray
| Ascendo tuum |

• CAERNARFON CASTLE •
= Great Hall =
by the hearth
in the lower bailey
{ Guarded at all times }
says to Queen Caera Anne Gwynedd: *one gentle thumb brushed the tears from your eyes and a gentle smile formed 'pon ma lips*...Oh Anne...T'was nae in vain at all....I've come out of hiding only because you were searching. The brave lad and ma wolf finally succeeded where all others had failed.

(02/04/12 - 17:19:10 )
Queen Caera Anne Gwynedd
Regnant of Caernarfon

• CAERNARFON CASTLE •
= Great Hall =
by the hearth
in the lower bailey
{ Guarded at all times }
says to Lord Gray| Ascendo tuum : As my tears were brushed away, gently smiled as I looked up..... "It was time you came home once again." ..... I would not know how to explain this, but inside I knew it was time. You had a reason to be home once again, but I knew not as yet. Only that it was important. Knowing  I must explain....... "Aye, and you near frightened him out of his wits and ran him into the ground on the way home." ...... my voice only teased and did nae chide you at all.

(02/04/12 - 17:21:37 )
Lord Gray
| Ascendo tuum |

• CAERNARFON CASTLE •
= Great Hall =
by the hearth
in the lower bailey
{ Guarded at all times }
says to Queen Caera Anne Gwynedd: He is a sturdy one...*chuckling*...although he did seem a bit pale when I held the dagger to his throat...Come...*noting the guards watchful eyes as I take your arm and led you to your throne*..let us sit, I have something for you.

(02/04/12 - 17:27:05 )
Queen Caera Anne Gwynedd
Regnant of Caernarfon

• CAERNARFON CASTLE •
= Great Hall =
by the hearth
in the lower bailey
{ Guarded at all times }
says to Lord Gray| Ascendo tuum : Hearing your deep chuckle, smiling as I slowly stepped back as I looked up to you ...... "Aye, and I can well imagine you did frighten him. I had given him fair warning though that you would not be found easily or would you trust him without proof given you that I had indeed sent you ... as I walked with you. Instead of taking my throne upon the dais, I indicated some comfortable chairs. ..... " Here we can sit comfortably and ...." ..... my eyes sparkled as I looked to you .... "Now what have you brought with you?" ... settling into the cushioned chair, softly smiling.

(02/04/12 - 17:30:59 )
Lord Gray
| Ascendo tuum |

• CAERNARFON CASTLE •
= Great Hall =
by the hearth
in the lower bailey
{ Guarded at all times }
says to Queen Caera Anne Gwynedd: *watching you settle I smile warmly, the familiar things calming me before I sit I motion to the wolf to sit alongside the Queen, bending to his head I whisper for him to stay and guard. Reaching into my tunic,  I draw out one package and hold it in my hand*...This...*as I unwrap it*...I believe is yours....*unwrapping it and presenting the gleaming jeweled necklace I had given to you  before.

(02/04/12 - 17:37:31 )
Queen Caera Anne Gwynedd
Regnant of Caernarfon

• CAERNARFON CASTLE •
= Great Hall =
In Lower Bailey
{ Guarded at all times }
says to Lord Gray| Ascendo tuum : I reached and gently rubbed Nail's ears, as sat along by my chair, his familiar presence felt right. I watched as you reached within your tunic, most curious what you might have brought then as you unwrapped it, softly smiled.... "Aye, for you gave this to me, many years ago and from what I understand from the messenger who found you, that only showing you this” .... holding the jeweled necklace in my hand as I looked to you. ...... " that you did preserve his life. Thank you once again for it. " ...... Marie stepped over and took it from my hand and slipped behind me, placing it about my neck once again. My hand lightly touched it for a moment.

(02/04/12 - 17:39:59 )
Lord Gray
| Ascendo tuum |

• CAERNARFON CASTLE •
= Great Hall =
by the hearth
in the lower bailey
{ Guarded at all times }
says to Queen Caera Anne Gwynedd: *I smiled as I watched Marie clasp it around your neck...feeling life return to normal again...or at least as normal as I knew i. Yet again I reached into ma tunic...removing a smaller package and presenting it to you*

(02/04/12 - 17:43:00 )
Queen Caera Anne Gwynedd
Regnant of Caernarfon

• CAERNARFON CASTLE •
= Great Hall =
by the hearth
in the lower bailey
{ Guarded at all times }
says to Lord Gray| Ascendo tuum : Now I was truly surprised as I took it from your hand, speaking softly .... Gray, you home once again, is more than enough of a gift for me. " ...... I had the small package within my hand, before laying it upon my lap, beginning to undo the ribbon that held the velvet about it. Looking up at you again, so curious as to what it might be.

(02/04/12 - 17:45:03 )
Lord Gray
| Ascendo tuum |

• CAERNARFON CASTLE •
= Great Hall =
In Lower Bailey
{ Guarded at all times }
says to Queen Caera Anne Gwynedd: * i was waiting for you reaction as you unwrapped the ring....knowing you would understand the Latin inscription inside *’eternal loyalty’*

(02/04/12 - 17:50:50 )
Queen Caera Anne Gwynedd
Regnant of Caernarfon

• CAERNARFON CASTLE •
= Great Hall =
by the hearth
in the lower bailey
{ Guarded at all times }
says to Lord Gray| Ascendo tuum : gasping as the firelight caught the fire within the stone catching it to sparkle. The sapphire glistened in the firelight, then turning it so that I might read what had been engraved inside, Looking down, my eyes filled with tears as I was deeply touched, looking up, my lashes were damp I smiled softly...... "Gray.... thank you, it is exquisite and perfect.".... rising I bent and kissed your cheek, before sitting down once again. ...... "This means, much to me." .... Poor Marie, I caught her eyes and knew she had to know what I found inside from my friend. Looking to her, I said the words out loud, which I had found.. .... "eternal loyalty".

(02/04/12 - 17:56:35 )
Lord Gray
| Ascendo tuum |

• CAERNARFON CASTLE •
= Great Hall =
In Lower Bailey
{ Guarded at all times }
says to Queen Caera Anne Gwynedd: *I spoke softly as I took you hand in mine*...Anne, so much has changed since I last was here. I cannot promise that I can stay right here however. I do promise that whenever you need me, for anything that I will come quickly. Anything that I may help with for you or your home I will do gladly.

(02/04/12 - 18:02:37 )
Queen Caera Anne Gwynedd
Regnant of Caernarfon

• CAERNARFON CASTLE •
= Great Hall =
by the hearth
in the lower bailey
{ Guarded at all times }
says to Lord Gray| Ascendo tuum : I had slipped the ring on my finger; it was sized perfectly. Then looking to you as you took my hand, listening to your words. .... " Aye" ...... Somehow I knew your words already. They only confirmed what I knew. ...... "Gray, I understand and already knew this somehow. Though now I must explain, before the reason you came home comes upon and without warning.  I know not where to begin, but I shall try to explain. Gray, over the years, I had sent messengers, though this time it was different. Something in me compelled me to search for you and I gave this messenger more information and the means, Nails, to find you. There is reason to have been called back. Wish that I might tell you why, but that was nae revealed to me, dear friend."….. the earnestness evident in my voice as I spoke.

(02/04/12 - 18:08:28 )
Lord Gray
| Ascendo tuum |

• CAERNARFON CASTLE •
= Great Hall =
In Lower Bailey
{ Guarded at all times }
says to Queen Caera Anne Gwynedd: *one eyebrow raised only slightly as I listened, thinking, then speaking*...<I>Not once , in all the many years we have known each other, have I ever doubted a single word that you spoke, I will not doubt them now. You know things that are beyond my knowledge. You have shown great patience and extraordinary friendship and unbelievable wisdom since I first saw you when I visited Charles. With your permission I will stay on the grounds and be nearby. Nails, of course, is yours to command forever.[/b]

(02/04/12 - 18:16:44 )
Queen Caera Anne Gwynedd
Regnant of Caernarfon

• CAERNARFON CASTLE •
= Great Hall =
by the hearth
in the lower bailey
{ Guarded at all times }
says to Lord Gray| Ascendo tuum : You knew me to truthful and accepted my words without question. ...... "I am grateful; you accept my words, for I do not understand them myself, though I know them to be. And patience between dear friends has been easily given as you have for me through the years. I know that my time in the court at Cardonia, you saw me as the simple lady who had caught your friend's attention." .... gently smiling ……"Grateful our friendship has with stood this test of time." .... then adding..... "Aye, for of course, you may and where you be comfortable. Though if you will, I would have rooms set aside for you in the Eagle Tower, where the family lives. You may come and go as you need. For I know you shall need to be catching up with friends in MacLaaran too. Indulge me though and take me with you when you first go, please." ..... gently smiled as I asked.

(02/04/12 - 18:20:10 )
Lord Gray
| Ascendo tuum |

• CAERNARFON CASTLE •
= Great Hall =
In Lower Bailey
{ Guarded at all times }
says to Queen Caera Anne Gwynedd: *catching my impulsive words before they sprang from ma lips I nodded*..Of course,  I will make you aware of my movements. You know of ma wanderlust and it is a hard thing to control. I have used many disguises to ma benefit in earlier years and if I can be of service, however pitiful it might be, and then I am yours to use.

(02/04/12 - 18:25:19 )
Queen Caera Anne Gwynedd
Regnant of Caernarfon

• CAERNARFON CASTLE •
= Great Hall =
by the hearth
in the lower bailey
{ Guarded at all times }
says to Lord Gray| Ascendo tuum : Listening, to you and knowing well, you could slip in and out of nearly anywhere and those who knew you would never know you were among them. ..... "Pitiful?  Never!”  ….. smiling……  “Aye, if you would, but if unable, I shall accept it too. And your wanderlust”...... my smile softened ..... "aye that be a part of you. And of course, I shall ask, when there be need. And during this trouble that Windstorm has, if you will escort me, I shall be grateful."

(02/04/12 - 18:28:59 )
Lord Gray
| Ascendo tuum |

• CAERNARFON CASTLE •
= Great Hall =
In Lower Bailey
{ Guarded at all times }
says to Queen Caera Anne Gwynedd: Your mere presence on ma arm improves the looks of this weather-beaten and worn warrior. I would gladly escort you anywhere. Besides, it would comfort me to ensure your safety at all times.

(02/04/12 - 18:35:05 )
Queen Caera Anne Gwynedd
Regnant of Caernarfon

• CAERNARFON CASTLE •
= Great Hall =
by the hearth
in the lower bailey
{ Guarded at all times }
says to Lord Gray| Ascendo tuum : Color arose in my cheeks, as I smiled. ...... ”Gray, you can still easily make me blush. And I have always been honored to be upon your arm and know I shall be safe." ........ pausing then, returning to the situation in Windstorm...... "Right now, it seems the Queen in Windstorm needs our support and if so, then there shall be a visible show of our alliance. It has been many years since they have been trouble such as this. I believe since Agustin was on the throne."

Offline zandra

• GO PACK GO!!!
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2012, 01:20:10 AM »
*shivering as she approaches the Castle in the night... giggling with the other servants as she thinks of M'Lord Gray's return... she has only heard but a wee rumour, but she is hoping they may cross paths again. M'Lord was a very kind one to her, and a kind word goes rather far in her book...*
zandra~{CM-2g}

you have to LOVE your team... no matter what!