Webmaze > Support

Paint it Black - Win7Customization Tutorial.

(1/1)

razz|n.o.i.r:
((Sorry to maze staff if I wasn't supposed to post here. I couldn't find a nerdy section..lol))

Alright. I decided to toss this little customizing tutorial together. Just incase there are others out there? Who would like to have their bright windows in a more 'dark colors' theme. Which will include: The log in on entry pages, the typing area and pulldowns as well. yay!

For now I'll only be covering Windows 7. Sorry to apple users. Keep in mind that you can only run visual styles for Windows 7.  Don't try to use Windows Vista or Windows XP visual styles, they will not load

STEP 1: Get UxStyle / Install
Go to this address, and click on "Play with the bits, blow up your PC in the process" -lmao-
http://uxstyle.com/
- Install UX-Style.
- Restart computer.

Nerdy Note: Once that have the service installed it will automatically patch the digital signature requirement in memory so you can load third-party themes. This small program runs in the background. From here on in? You deal with Windows folders, and blah blah blah.

STEP 2: - -  Getting the Theme
- Find Visual Styles for third party Win7 Themes online. I find the 'grey/dark' themes work best for this little trick. So I have installed this Style through this tutorial.
http://djabytown.deviantart.com/art/Dynamic-Black-143467965

STEP 3: - -  Installing the theme
Unzip the theme folder...(Right click on the file, and select ''Extract Here")
- Go into the extracted folder.
- You should see.. Fonts, System Files, Theme, DjabyTown on deviantART, README FIRST.
(ignore the readme if you have installed UxStyle)
- Fonts: go into the fonts folder. select all the fonts, right click, then left click INSTALL.
- Hit back once and Open the Windows folder named "Theme".  (you will see the 4 files right away. now. Leave that window open and move it off to the right, or left.)
- Go To: My Computer > C Drive > Windows > Resources > Themes

Now. Select the 4 files in the 'Theme" folder. Right click and COPY them. Then go to your Window's Resources Themes folder. right click and PASTE.

Awesomesauce!

- Now close all of that shit off. Right click on your desktop and select Personalize.
- Find the name of the theme you installed and click it twice.
- The whole screen should blur a but and grey out as the theme loads. Within a moment? The theme should be installed and ready to rock and roll!

This is a couple of screenshots to show you how mine turned out.
-
-

Thats it. Now most of window's will be skinned. You will notice the top of WordPad is still in the default bright coloring, and the start menu button is still default. Those are not changed automatically. Once I find more time? I will post up another thread on tackling that monster.

I hope this wasn't too difficult. Any questions or concerns? reply away. -s-.

spanx for viewin mah junk!
me.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version