Author Topic: Taspan in SecondLife, and beyond  (Read 3823 times)

Offline Kimba~

• C'est la vie, c'est le Gor.
    • PantherClaw Taluna Jungle Homepage
Taspan in SecondLife, and beyond
« on: March 12, 2015, 09:16:19 PM »
[Posted on SecondLife 17 April 2014]

Help Fight Cancer by supporting the Sa'Dina's 2nd Annual Taspan Rossini Memorial Shoot Out in Mystic Fire. 

The top three bow scores will win $10,000L, $7,000L and $5,000L

Visit the Mystic Fire sim, and travel to the Capture The Flag Arena.  There you'll find the Shooting Gallery.  For just $100L per entry, you can try to set the high score, or just have some fun, while supporting a good cause.  The Shooting Gallery is set to run 24/7...   come as many times as  you'd like.  Just pay $100L per entry.

Taspan Rossini passed away on May 3, 2012 after a long battle with brain cancer.    She had been active in Gor back when there were only "html chat rooms."   Her first tribe was Panther Claw.  She meet the leader Kimba who taught her everything she knew about role play.  She roleplayed there in a text based setting, emoting every aspect of things we take for granted and rely on animations for, spending hours making arrows and creating intricate storylines.  She moved up in their ranks and was the first person to make it to "Firekeeper," their highest rank. You had to earn the Ranks there by showing different types of Panther and Gorean role play. 

From 2009 until 2011 we knew Taspan in Second Life as a Kajira and a Huntress in the Var Vierra and Sa'Dina band of forest girls.   She was a vibrant and lovely spirit who passed away much too soon and who touched everyone who knew her with her joy for life.

Help us keep Taspan's memory alive during this season of hope while we "Shoot for a Cure."
Kimba, PantherClaw Taluna Jungle, WM

We have it in our power to begin the world over again.~
Thomas Paine

Offline Kimba~

Re: Taspan in SecondLife, and beyond
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2015, 09:19:28 PM »
Tasp loved our theme-song, "You can't take our dreams away".  It was one thing to know she had probably passed, and something entirely other, to know for sure.  One of my first thoughts was, "It took cancer to take her dreams away", but then I realized that wherever she is, she is undoubtedly dreaming of Gor.

Rest well, My Beloved Daughter.

Thomas Paine

Offline Medi

• A Red Savage 2016 Football Champion
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2015, 12:54:42 PM »
...I am totally sad to hear of the passing of Taspan's typist, Kim.  You know that she and I bumped heads many times at PTJ, and we had both realized that one of us would end up in a collar if we entered the sparring circle.  She taught me a lot about Panthering, and I grew and became more skilled.  She had invited me to join her Lair at Second Life, but I demurred, I needed to concentrate on my character and with Marcus.

Rest well, Taspan, and may eternal light shine upon you...

https://youtu.be/5RSMcgQfM9E
Izee' Greyeagle
Lancer's Woman
Daughter to Puma Greyeagle

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
  • NEVER YIELD - NEVER QUIT
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2015, 05:20:53 PM »
In this life, all have wishes, hopes, and dreams.
When this life ends, these things do not end.
Instead, we become part of those dreams.

Offline Kimba~

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2015, 06:12:53 PM »

Thomas Paine

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
  • NEVER YIELD - NEVER QUIT
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2015, 04:49:21 PM »
 ;)

Offline Kimba~

« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2015, 09:51:05 PM »
[2015/07/25 21:13] Julie Burma: the Var Vierra... from 2005-2009, they were the largest and most successful tribe in the history of... ummmm... history
[21:24] kimba (giannia.rossini): VV is the band you were in where Taspan was a kajira?
[21:24] Julie Burma: yes
[21:25] Julie Burma: Taspan alternated between Huntress and Kajira in the Var Vierra
[21:25] kimba (giannia.rossini): back and forth?
[21:25] kimba (giannia.rossini): Moon was in that band too?
[21:26] Julie Burma: she seemed to vasilcate between the two roles....
[21:26] kimba (giannia.rossini): Indeed.
[21:27] kimba (giannia.rossini): There was very little difference in PantherClaw.  We all ate the same food off the same plates, slave or free.
[21:28] kimba (giannia.rossini): I was the Leader most of the time, but I submitted several times over the years.  Never really took, but.  In Sadina as well, back and forth?
[21:29] kimba (giannia.rossini): Did she submit to people, or just be a camp slave?  Probably the latter, she not very sexual when I knew her
[21:30] Julie Burma: nods... yes.. sort of a camp slave.   As I said, seemed to enjoy being submissive, but then at times felt like she wanted to be a Huntress
[21:32] kimba (giannia.rossini): Now that I think about it, she was never was seriosly involved with anybody

Thomas Paine