Author Topic: Saint Patrick's Day writing contest  (Read 3802 times)

Offline Buddha

• Administrator
    • my homepage
Saint Patrick's Day writing contest
« on: March 12, 2009, 01:58:04 PM »
Webmaze is holding a writing contest for Saint Patrick's Day. Post the story here as a separate thread. 400 words or less (approximately 40 lines). The theme must be related to St Patrick's Day or Irish themed. It may be fiction or non fiction, humorous or serious. It must be "clean" and appropriate for general audiences. It must be posted by 11:59 pm EDT Monday, March 16, 2009. One submission per person. The winning entries are at the sole discretion of the judges (Webmaze staff). Winners will be announced at an informal gathering in the Coffee Shop at 9:00 pm EDT on St Patrick's Day. Prizes are as follows.

1st place - 6 month membership
2nd place - 3 month membership
honorable mention - 1 month membership
« Last Edit: March 12, 2009, 02:07:17 PM by Buddha »

Offline Buddha

• Administrator
    • my homepage
Re: Saint Patrick's Day writing contest
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2009, 07:56:19 PM »
We had three entrants for the writing contest. After consideration of all three, we decided on awarding chanz a first place prize of six months membership for her entertaining story of a St Patrick's Day traditions taken to a completely new environment. Shylina Marie and lava were both awarded second place of a three month membership. Shylina Marie for her story of a grandmother's tale and lava for her poem about love lost. A nice piece by all three writers.

Thank you for submitting your work.

Offline ~lava~

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2009, 06:20:47 AM »
Thanks Buddha!!... :-*

I hope to see more writing contests like this one, with more participants. I know that WM has a lot of very talented writers.

Offline Shylina Marie

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2009, 06:50:47 AM »
Oh wow... thank you guys......the membership will be greatly appreciated.....

as for the writing...  I am being encouraged by others to begin to write.. as it is a better creative outlet for me instead of wanting to do what I normally would have done.  it encourages me to find the good in the words..

Shylina...
Never Meddle in the Affairs of a Dragon.  for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Offline Shadow duck

• WM Tuchuk Trainers
  • is she just a memory?
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2009, 08:49:10 AM »
wow.. I thought the others were much better then my small submission... but thank you so very much for this honour

chanz.
duckie rules