Author Topic: Summer Migration  (Read 6489 times)

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
  • NEVER YIELD - NEVER QUIT
Re: Summer Migration
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2015, 04:00:57 PM »
There was indeed much more than The 1st Oralu was telling. They confronted a vastly superior force of Kataii, Turian Rarius that are allegedly outlaws from Turia as not standing down from the prior war, and Mercenaries.

When Ubar finishes recovering, perhaps he can shed more light on this Turian situation. However, as it presently stands we are not at war with Turia, but it would be foolish not to be alert and ready should Turia have a differing view of the situation.

Tuchuk has recovered all its dead and wounded from the field, and still there are Warriors about who have not reported to have wounds tended. It is doubtful this is entirely by choice. Many we so spent after battle, it was about all they could do to return to the column before going down for rest. Mercilayne, Taryn, Izee, and the Ubara tended as many as were known with wounds. The 1st again occupied the platform and beneath Dragonslair, where the Ubara spent her time repairing their damaged bodies. She did not awaken any that were sleeping unless blood was seen pooling anywhere around them.

Taryn, Izee, and Gheeta worked the med wagons, and Lancer did assist as well as chanz and other healing slaves and volunteers.

Prepare food for the 1st and when they awaken, see they are fed well. It is hoped the column will be able to move again by nightfall, crossing the battlefield and heading on towards Turia.

The figures I have thus far... the butcher's bill of the battle so to speak, is The 1st Oralu is down to 487 Warriors still fit for duty... 235 under medical care for wounds sustained in battle, and the remainder are being processed through the morgue wagon. There were no Warriors missing in action.

The body count from the field of the enemy is 2, 786 and counting. No prisoners were taken. The majority have been beheaded and their heads placed upon lances and spears as a warning to all who pass by to beware of Tuchuk and The 1st Oralu. As a side note, the majority of their mounts were also slain. 300 kaiila were recovered and spared for Tuchuk use. Every tharlarion in sight was slain. All kaiila tack and gear has been gathered for Tuchuk use.

The field has been deemed secure, so the gathering of weapons and other assorted items of value may begin. Any item discovered as belonging to The 1st will be turned in. Weapons will be checked and used to re-arm. All other items are looked upon as finders keepers.

Roan, Lilac, Roan's horde of Girls, Wapike, Shylina, and any others volunteering, have been grading and tending to wounded mounts. All slain mounts will be dispersed among the meat eating stock of the column to fill their bellies. Any mounts that can not be healed, will be mercifully put down before being fed to other meat eating stock. The kaiila served their Riders nobly regardless of which side of the conflict they belonged to.

I hold no doubt those of The 1st still fit for duty will once again ride advanced point ahead of the column. For them, it is now a matter of pride. Their facing the enemy in battle alone is now understood to have been a matter of honor and unfinished business. Both have been satisfied.

Those not even of The 1st during the war still ride beneath its standard, and as such, they had the history and integrity of The 1st to uphold. They did their duty to their Oralu and to Tuchuk.

As those of The 1st say, "We may die, but The 1st lives on."

Temujin 

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2015, 04:02:18 AM »
The column moved on and as I guessed, The 1st took the lead ahead of the column. They secured a stream and left the 3rd Orlu to hold it while the rest moved on. When the column arrived at the stream, the 3rd Orlu rode on to catch up with The 1st.

The column has stopped for the night at the stream to water the stock, bathe, and refill all water barrels. The watch will awaken the column before dawn to eat and begin making ready to move on again.

If the column moves out as soon as there is enough light to see, and pushes to make good time and runs straight through, and there are no further confrontations slowing us down, we should be able to see the high cylinders of Turia by dawn the next day.

Before Ubar rode on, it was confirmed by Scouts that the Kataii column is seven days behind us stopped to rest and continue tending wounded. They are in bad shape and are not able to make good time. Ubar does not wish a long stay in Turia. Three or four days at best before heading for our summering lands.  That gives us two days to secure as many supplies as possible, one day to indulge ourselves with Turian luxuries, and one optional day to either rest or move out. This should keep us well ahead of Kataii as well as the other two camps following them, as they will also have to stop and resupply.

We will have first shot at supplies, and first shot at the summering lands and should be established and a good perimeter set up before the Kataii column reaches the summering lands.

There is a great number of 'ifs' and 'shoulds' involved, but many of them can be eliminated if we remain focused and push ourselves short of killing ourselves and the bosk in the process.

Be prepared to do a great deal of bartering in Turia, saving coin for what cannot be traded for. We have freighters full of bosk hides and kaiila hides, thalarion saddles, Turian and Mercenary weaponry. and their accompanying helmets and shields. Just something to keep in mind.

By the time we reach Turia, barring further confrontation, those of The 1st that are going to pass will have done so. The pyre for the fallen will then take place. They rode into battle together, it somehow seems appropriate they make their final journey together.

Temujin

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2015, 11:10:20 AM »
The column pushed hard through the day and night with only short periodic breaks to rest and water the stock. Very good time was made, and as dawn broke there they were... the cylinders!

We will continue pushing on and should arrive outside Turia's walls by midday. There is no doubt Ubar and those of The 1st with him have already reached the walls and have likely ventured in. There is no sign of further conflict, and had a confrontation taken place there would be definite signs.

What may have happened inside the walls is yet unknown.

All Warriors and Men will remain armed as a show of force, but no sign of aggression will be shown without orders. The Women are to keep their bows and such close at hand, but out of sight. It is hoped that we will appear as we usually do, but we will be fully prepared should Turia have less than peaceful intentions.

If all goes according to plan, Ubar will meet us outside the walls and brief us on conditions and what must be done so we can get in and get out as smoothly as possible.

Remain strong, our journey is almost at an end for the summer. Do not waiver now.

Temujin

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2015, 05:57:43 PM »
Great time was made and as predicted the cylinders were visible at dawn.

Before moving into Turian territory, the column stopped to rest the teams, water, and check harnessed. The fallen of The 1st were given their pyre in open plains where there are no boundaries or territories. They left where Warriors ride free and unimpeded.

The column continued on and reached Turia, and is located in the migration encampment outside a secondary gate. The bosk teams remain in harness, but are free to move about and graze.

Ubar's words;

"TUCHUK... As you enter Turia, be sure to stop at the table and get a ring of disks. The look like washers but are hand stamped markers for your lodging, barber, baths, five drinks, food court items, and one good meal with drink per day. The ring is hinged and simply opens and the markers slip onto the ring. Use these as you would payment for said goods and services. The ring can be worn clipped around your wrist, ankle, belt etc. All slaves may receive ten copper to spend in addition to their ring of markers. If you run short of coin for personal use, loans can be made through the Ubara, Sidona, or Mercilayne. These loans are due before the end of summer. Loans of coin to Clans are available as well, balance due by end of summer. Do not use the fountain for bathing, and it is not a latrine. Do not try to take your kaiila or other stock into the baths no matter how dirty you believe them to be."

"ALL surviving Warriors of The 1st Oralu, including those who served on temporary assignment seeing action will be granted thirty copper for their service."

Temujin

Offline NightStorm

• WM Tuchuk Council
« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2015, 12:45:55 AM »
Purchased for the various medical wagons

400 crates of IV bottles for 10 DWG and a set of large bosk horns
500 crates of valerian bottles for IV piggyback...includes tubing, needle, etc. for 150 DWG
1000 cases of valerian surrettes 7 DWG
6 crates of antibiotic same as IV valerian except blue band....6 silver
1 crate of capture scent and a gorean weight of willowbark for 3 silver

The price came to 167 DWG, 9 silver tarsks

However, after Sukh had a little heart to heart with the Merchant about another matter, the Merchant most generously offered the entire shipment for 80 DWG.

I hope he gets to a healer to sew his nose back on....

NS
I am selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes. I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best...~~~Marilyn Monroe~~~

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2015, 01:49:58 PM »
I went shopping.

With prism and lure, my wagon commissary has been fully stocked with food and drink not normally available in camp. This includes the more common spice and cooking herbs.

While doing that, it was good to see the Woman Mercilayne left in charge of her once Vintner Clan fully stocking it of all things needed to continue operations.

I purchased a box of 200 ct leather needles as well as six new sets of leather punches and good leather knives for my Cobbler Clan... also a case of assorted colored heavy stitching cord for specialty orders. All other Clan requirements are available within Tuchuk.

Another 2,000 vulo hen and 1,000 sow tarsklets were purchased for my personal stock at a very good price of 1 copper per and 4 copper per respectively.

300 nanny verr kids  for my personal stock as a lot for 3 DWG.

400 gw sacks of grain at 10 DWG.

Exchanged a freighter of 200 empty flour barrels and 25 DWG for a freighter of 200 full 4 gw flour barrels.

Exchanged a freighter of 2,000 empty 2.5 talu casks and 10 DWG for a freighter of like full casks of tharlarion oil.

100 gw kegs of salt for 10 DWG.

600 wagon wheels lot for 150 DWG.

1,050 temwood lance shafts for 15 DWG.

500 2.5 talu of lacquer at 1 S per.

Various personal shopping items.

======================

Linna purchased a 5 GW barrel of candy for 1 DWG and other personal items.

Daughter of Amber with Darriana's assistance purchased all new painting supplies as well as canvasses and wood for frames and other personal items.

Offline Mercilayne

• MTC - Vintner Clan Elder
« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2015, 10:43:02 PM »
Gemma made all purchases for the Vintner's Clan.

Darianna and DoA restocked all of our personal wagons with necessities and 'a few luxuries'.  (yes am kinda worried   :o )

Larma
Ta grapes
Dates
Raisins
Melons

We all purchased for the Camp. 

We also have new thralls as well as new wagons from the melon merchant who was kind enough to not only give us those things, but to provide the coin that as used to purchase the rest of our supplies.

Offline Sidona

• WM Tuchuk Council
  • First Slaver ~ MTC
« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2015, 09:39:43 AM »

picked up some supplies for the clan.

40 bolts of denim like rep
30 bolts of white rep
75 bolts of cotton fabric, assorted colors and patterns
15 crates of ribbons, assorted colors
1 crate needles
1 crate straight pins
1 crate black thread
1 crate white thread
~*~~*~

Offline Sidona

• WM Tuchuk Council
  • First Slaver ~ MTC
« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2015, 09:45:02 AM »
(disregard the double post about my clan stuff)
I also went shopping for the camp commissaries and bought some provisions.

200 Gorean weight of each:
potatoes
carrots
onions
garlic
suls
mushrooms

As well as All three sugars in barrels, 250 gw of each
honey in casks, no combs or blocks, 300 casks 
Pepper in casks 150 gw
~*~~*~

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
« Reply #24 on: June 28, 2015, 11:28:01 AM »
Purchased;

100 cases 24ct palm wine

100 gw kegs of nails

500 tack and saddle buckles tinned

100 tack and saddle buckles silver

50 Turian style collars

Scored a half gw of bluegrass

Leather dye in assorted colors (pigments)

100 bolts cheesecloth

A new brace and set of bits

A new hub bore

2 new draw knives

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
« Reply #25 on: June 28, 2015, 11:47:50 AM »
The column and herd left Turia just past midday headed for our summering lands, the final leg of our journey.

The approaching Kataii were about three ahn out of Turian. I love it when a plan comes together.

All present and accounted for, with a few new additions to Mercilayne's property and rumor has it a few kajira stowed away as well.

No serious incidents took place, and only a few minor incidents which brought no reprisals or further necessary action.

The column will continue straight through and did stop to rest and water the stock in the middle of the night, and will stop again just before dawn. These will be very short stops only to see to the teams and will then press on.

I am calculating we have only a few days to settle, lay claim to our summering territory and resume patrols and establish a defensive perimeter. The way Turia supplied our needs, Kataii should be there at the very least two days, pulling out on the third day at best. AT BEST.

I am taking a calculated risk/action, to possibly even slow the Kataii further. They are hurting badly according to all reports. Their herd is low and they do not seem well stocked with coin. I am ordering fifty bosk be cut from the main herd and left in our wake each day, scattered, as well as a handfull of tarsk piglets I just procured from Turia. If the Kataii are in as bad of shape as the reports, they will not pass up the opportunity to round up this stock and claim it as their own. It will allow us more time to establish ourselves. I am also cutting loose half the available mounts taken from Kataii. Their Warriors will need them and will most certainly round them up as well.

If it serves no other function, it will provide food for their Women and Children. To war among Men is one thing. But I do not feel starving Women and Children of another Wagon Camp honorable conduct for Tuchuk Warriors. We all are Wagon Peoples. This, however, does not apply to outsiders of our Plains.

Stay the course, press on and soon we will be at our journey's end. The bosk are being very vocal, and that is usually an indication they are drawing closer to where they wish to summer. In memory the bosk have never failed Tuchuk in choosing wisely. I see no just reason to doubt them now.

Ragnar

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
« Reply #26 on: June 29, 2015, 06:06:20 AM »
Our journey has come to an end. We have reached our summering lands after pushing hard and making outstanding progress.

Camp is located a good normal two days plus of travel time from Turia, and a good day and a half by wagon from the coast. The same lands we occupied last summer, with slight variations to the landscape due to a harsh winter.

The herd is grazing and the encampment is settling in, and will likely still be doing so for the next day or two.

It was not an easy migration, but Tuchuk as a whole has risen to the occasion.

Patrols have been established and a perimeter is in the process of being solidified. The commissaries are not yet up and functional, so meals are the responsibility of each wagon. As during migration, cooking extra will go a long way in feeding the Warriors and all our slaves.

It is recognized those serving above and beyond;

NightStorm
Sidona
Mercilayne
Izee
Lancer
chanz
jade

Commendations;

Linna
Gheeta
Raiden
Sukh
Po
Tristan
Boi
Chet

The weather is warm and sunny, and the grasses are lush and green. Water is in abundance as is wild game. Tuchuk could ask for no better.

Continue establishing the encampment. The supplies and provisions will be offloaded and transfered to their usual destinations as quickly as possible.

Get the teams out of harness as soon as possible and set them to grazing with the main herd. It will be divided into its four smaller herds within a couple days. Set the verr to grazing the camp areas to lower the grasses for security purposes around the wagons.

Well done!

Ragnar

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
« Reply #27 on: July 01, 2015, 05:54:52 PM »
Migration Celebration

Sunday night 8PM EST

Feasting

Dancing

Tall Tales Around The Fire

Offline jade{NS}

• Live, Love, Laugh
« Reply #28 on: July 02, 2015, 05:07:26 PM »
My family and i are taking our summer holidays for two weeks beginning July 4th (Sat.).  Accordingly, i won't be able to attend the migration feast, which is terribly disappointing to me.  You will not see me on line again until after the 18th.  Hope you will all miss me terribly *winks playfully*.
jade
With joy i arrive, with love i depart

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
« Reply #29 on: July 02, 2015, 05:18:12 PM »
Enjoy and stay safe!!!!!  :-* :-* :-*