Author Topic: Healers' Log - Migration Summer 2016  (Read 967 times)

Offline NightStorm

• WM Tuchuk Council
Healers' Log - Migration Summer 2016
« on: May 29, 2016, 05:55:10 PM »
Entry 1

One injury this day.

When water barrel chains snapped on Dragonslair, Jagun was hit by a projectile chain link.
The link was removed by NightStorm and Mariposa and he was sent back to duty with orders to watch for infection.

NightStorm
First Surgeon
I am selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes. I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best...~~~Marilyn Monroe~~~

Offline NightStorm

• WM Tuchuk Council
Re: Healers' Log - Migration Summer 2016
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2016, 08:06:20 AM »
Entry 2

During a skirmish with Kataii, there were a few Tuchuk casualties.

Kahm took an arrow to his back just above his sash.  He was treated by Izee and remains in the med wagon.

Coen received an arrow wound that went through the muscle of his upper arm.  The arrow was removed by NightStorm.  It was packed and bandaged.  He is to have the packing replaced daily by field medics or by one of the Healers as is possible.  He was returned to duty.

Abaka took an arrow at the shoulderblade.  The bone stopped the progression of the arrow and did minimal damage to the bone.  The wound was stitched and dressed.  He was returned to duty.

Another Warrior was treated for an arrow to the thigh.  The arrow was removed and the wound was sutured and dressed.  He was returned to duty.

Two Warriors were killed in action and taken to the morgue wagon.

I am concerned about infection.  Supplies are critically short.  We will do the best we can with what we have until we reach Turia for resupply.

NightStorm
1st Surgeon
I am selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes. I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best...~~~Marilyn Monroe~~~

Offline NightStorm

• WM Tuchuk Council
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2016, 11:06:06 PM »
Entry 3

Kahm was discharged from the medical wagon today.  He has returned to duty.

Dash came to me with an old arrow wound to his upper ribs.  There were signs of infection.  The gash was cleaned well and sutured.  He was instructed to return tomorrow if possible.  If not possible, as soon as he can.  He returned to duty.

NightStorm
1st Surgeon

Offline Mariposa

• Butcher Clan Elder/ Healer/Mad Scientist MTC
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2016, 07:40:32 PM »
Entry 4:

Merkid:
blood from nose and mouth
severe bruising
- Moss paste applied, guidance from Ubara requested- Mari
Carr:
kataii arrow left chest
- arrow removed, sewed lung chest tube in place, to be checked by Ubara for accuracy and next step- Mari

Akio:
2 quiva punctures in his belly
-major wound pieced stomach, stitched closed , drain tube added and closed up,lesser wound healing powder and stitched closed-Mari

tung:
Lanced in the back
- not severe punctures, sewed up the muscles and skin, bandage placed- Mari

Offline NightStorm

• WM Tuchuk Council
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2016, 06:17:57 PM »
Entry 5

Too many injured to keep an accurate log.

Orphan boy was run over by a wagon.  He lived only a few ehn.

One of the Warriors, Kion, was brought in with an arrow to his chest.  Healers have exhausted their skills and still the infection in his lung progresses.  I have given orders to make him as comfortable as possible....

Our medical supplies are beyond critical.  We have begun using poultices as much as possible.  Mariposa has spent exhausting ahns experimenting and making them.  The only valerian we have has been procured mostly from dead enemy Warriors.  If we do not reach Turia soon, the battle may rage on in the medical wagons...

NightStorm
1st Surgeon