Author Topic: Has all been abandoned?  (Read 6219 times)

Offline MageNathaniel1

Re: Has all been abandoned?
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2019, 05:10:09 PM »
The search contiues for the woman. By now, the whole village has been alerted and is looking for her. It is presumed she has fallen in with others of the criminal element who may be hiding her. Word goes out there is a reward for information leading to her capture enough to cause even those in the criminal element to consider giving up a charge. Reports of other thefts are being reported following a pattern through the village. Each time a woman who looks slightly different. It is presumed she knows how to disguise herself and blend in, not to mention is flight of foot. It is decided to begin rousting the known criminals to see what they know.

Offline Medi

• A Red Savage 2016 Football Champion
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2019, 01:43:25 PM »
..."Celeste" is walking away from the stables, muttering to herself...the StableMaster had even refused to SELL her a mount, even though she had shown him the coin she had stolen.  He had just said, 'I got to keep my inventory, and"...he had looked her over..."And am I not going to rent one to you."  She had walked away, casually, and then had run into an alley.  She had heard some male voices calling out to bring her back...and she had turned on her 'sprint', randomly selecting alleyways to enter.  She had raced by a few men, who looked at her...and she had simply called back..."I be late fer my stint at tha Inn."  They had just laughed.

...I see women lined up at the butcher shop, and get an idea.  I walk by them, and find the servants entrance.  I get very passive and submissive, and walk in with five other women.  I carefully watch as they wash, and put on gowns hanging on a wall, and imitate them.  I follow them into the back area, where carcasses are being brought in.  They go to stations, and I stand for a moment...deciding what to do...a Man comes over, and looks me over, and says..."You must be the new one, what is your name?"  I shrink back, my eyes frightened...and say..."My name is Oshia, an I be tha daughter a Lenax tha Oatmaker...we be havin trouble...not many oats tae make...an they be 'itty bitty'...it takes a lot tae make a cookie...an I like tae eat them."

...The Foreman decides that I am simpleminded, and grabs me and hauls me to an area, and points at tarsk carcasses, and says..."You know how tae cut a tarsk?"  I nod, "We would get a tarsk at the Jul."  I start crying, and wipe tears..."We didna have one last Jul."  The Foreman calls to me, "Show me that you can clean one."

((More below...*S*))
Izee' Greyeagle
Lancer's Woman
Daughter to Puma Greyeagle

Offline Medi

« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2019, 02:45:11 PM »
...I keep the tears going, and at times wipe my nose...and work on the tarsk...the man had handed me a quiva, and was watching.  I look at the animal, I was VERY skilled at dressing game, and a quiva was like part of my hand.  I shift the quiva into my right hand, it is not the dominant one, and open the animal.  I am careful not to be too clumsy...at best...I would just be tossed out into the alley...but I don't want to be too skilled.

...I stop the tears as I start taking out the offal, and set the good parts into pans, and the offal into a bucket.  The Foreman stops me a few times, and directs me on what to do...I think..."I know this better than ye"...but I nod, thank him, and do what he says.  He watches me do another, and then walks to supervise other women.  I just keep working, keeping my head down.  Of course, I get blood and offal over my face and hair...to help disguise me.

...They give us a brief break to eat some soup and bread, and I am full, I had been eating small parts of organ meat as I worked.  We get back to work, and after 8 ahn are released.

...We are herded into an area where we can wash...but I hold back.  When the other women are washing, I grab two tunicdresses that will fit me, and just walk out...leaving the dress I had been wearing when I entered...and slinking down the alley...I had recovered my coin and my weapons.  I looked, and smelled, VERY bad...I didn't bother to wash as I went further into the alleys...stumbling and snarling.

...I stop at a small kaiila trough, and look around...it is night...and I don't see anyone.  I pull off the bloody gown, and lower myself into the trough...and quickly rinse off.  I put on one of the tunicdresses I had stolen, and mutter..."Ye done worse things."

...I get myself feeling presentable, and head to another Inn that I had checked out.  The Owner was drinking, and I had my hair over my face as I pushed coin across the counter, and accepted the key.  He just grunted...and I entered the room.  I briefly thought of heading to the women' s bathe...but I was now aware that many men were looking for me, and that there was a reward out.

...I had had mixed feelings hearing of the reward..."I had bigger ones out fer me at Ar"...but I paused to think.  The reward was large enough that if I went back into the alleys...the women who had welcomed me, just might get me to stay with them...and then...while I was asleep, I would wake up to find guards grinning down at me.

...I lay down in the furs, and mutter to myself, "Ye jus may have tae get a Man tae help ye."  I had done it before...

...I open a coin purse I had taken from a Man I had passed...I had just kept walking...my hands were very skilled and gentle, and my smile could get most Men to just look at me, and smile and nod...there were several gold coins  mixed with the silvers and coppers

...I think that I had better make serious plans to leave.  I was very good at disguise...once I had actually climbed into a large wagon carrying several Or of  bonds...looking like one, they had stayed quiet...and I had removed the sirik I had placed on myself, and stolen a kaiila the 2nd night and ridden away.
Izee' Greyeagle
Lancer's Woman

Offline MageNathaniel1

« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2019, 03:11:54 PM »
Getting more and moreports of theft by the same female, the sheriff doubles the reward and uncreases the patrols. Nothing was reported at the far end of the village but this may just mean she had not hit there yet. Ambushes were put in place along the main route and alleys should she venture that direction. Guards were posted at all entry and exit points in case she tried to leave the village.

Offline Medi

« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2019, 08:08:21 PM »
...I walk around the town, looking for a way to leave...but I keep seeing guards and such.  I just smile and nod to them, and hobble away on my cane, pulling a small hand cart.  I had disguised myself as an injured FW...all women on Gor looked young...the serums saw to that.  I had attended some women who hadn't had the serums...and healed them...and marveled how different they looked.

...I stay away from the entries and exits to the village, it was clear that everyone was being questioned who entered and exited.  I mutter to myself, "Doan even THINK a tryin tae look like a FW who did nay have tha serums.  Ye would be questioned...an tha Guards be almost as clever as ye...ye can tell a good story...but tha village be alert...an...

...YE WANNA KEEP YER STUFF!!!!"

...I pull my hand cart away from the Main Street, and stop at a place on a secondary street, and sit at a table.  I offer to sing a song for juice and bread...but the Merchant just says..."Coppers only."

...I set down some copper bits...and juice, bread, cheese, and a slice of bosk meat is brought.

...I eat...and look calm...although my mind is racing
Izee' Greyeagle
Lancer's Woman

Offline Medi

« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2019, 12:21:04 AM »
...I make it out of the village...I had left most of my 'stuff' behind in my last room...and I crawl from under a shallow ditch under a fence behind an outhouse, I had been quietly digging the ditch with my nails for a while, I had seen that that fence wasn't well made...we Panthers were good at seeing things like that, and pull two small packs behind me.  It is dark...but I sit for a while...watching,  listening, and smelling...a Panther Huntress has many senses.

...I sense that it is safe...clouds have slipped over the moons...and there is no wind...and I sprint off...my feet leaving dust behind...I can run for several Ahn...

((Thank you, Mage Nathaniel...I had a great time...*Hugs*...I will be away for a while...hope to see you again...there are r/t things I have to attend to...after them I can get back into r/p))
Izee' Greyeagle
Lancer's Woman

Offline MageNathaniel1

« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2019, 06:31:10 AM »
The guards and patrols find nothing. Reports of theft drop to normal. Either the woman has stopped her activities for some reason  died, or slipped out of the village. The patrols and guards remain in place for weeks just to be sure. After three weeks, the hole under the fence is discovered and it is realized she has left. The inn keeper had kept the items she left behind and sliwly sold them off without telling anyone of the woman.

(I hope all is well with you and you return soon. I too have had fun thank you)