Author Topic: River of Tears Info  (Read 2898 times)

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
  • NEVER YIELD - NEVER QUIT
River of Tears Info
« on: December 01, 2017, 03:56:29 AM »
River of Tears Crossing

This river is NOT mentioned in the books. It is, however, used to enhance the winter migration role play. How is this possible? Not every resource was spoken of in the books. Various water sources, IE pools, lakes, ponds, springs, watering holes, etc had to exist all over Gor, just as they do in real time, that are little more than a footnote if that.

Having said that, the River of Tears as we use it would be a finger of the Cartius, in the Cartius Region in which we winter. It holds excess water from the mountains the Cartius itself does not handle. Storms high in the mountains and additional rainfall during the fall season swells it to dangerous levels at times. As spring approaches, the rainy season is slow to approach and if migration is timed right, its return crossing varies from dry to mild until the spring rains comes to swell it again.

The riverbed is always present, though the dangerous raging waters are not present year around.

Those of Tuchuk tend to refer to the River of Tears as the RoT, for more than one reason to be certain!

Crossing the River of Tears

Crossing and subsequent role play depends largely upon the number of participants in the room. Naturally the more people role playing, the more exciting the crossing can be.

Once the description of the crossing is given, roleplay begins and when the command to go is given, each person in the room makes their starting post.

It takes five posts to enter the river during which time everyone should try to get in sync with others in the room. Those riding kailla are more individual participants. Those riding wagons with others are more reliant upon the one directing the wagon. This is not a contest to see who can post the fastest. The ST will be adding details to the crossing as it progresses, as well as tossing obstacles in your path. Please number your posts so everyone can stay together, and a more realistic advancement can be maintained.

Once your five posts are completed, you are in the river crossing. This is where things become hectic and at times extreme. It will seem somewhat chaotic. It is meant to be. The number of posts will be stated by the ST at this time to navigate the crossing. Again, this is not a speed posting contest. Try to maintain your turn in the posting round. These posts should also be numbered (1), (2), (3), etc so everyone knows the progression of the crossing. The ST will be posting at random to those in the room. Some posts will be forced, others will be based upon the luck of rolling the die.

Help one another where possible. Use teamwork where applicable. It is very unlikely someone will be realistically posting their tenth post while the others are on their second or third. It is not recommended you try this. It irritates the ST and very bad things can happen. (Insert evil maniacal laughter here)

It sounds much worse than it is. Those having made the crossing in past years have an idea of what to expect. Follow their lead.

The ST’s character need not make every post required to cross, since they are posting constantly throughout the crossing. They do, however, need to post here and there stating their progress in the role play so others can imagine them making the crossing along with them.

Before you scream, do know the ST’s character will take its turn getting beat up as well. Nobody fully escapes the trials of the RoT. This will be done either by stating the trials and results, or by giving temporary ST powers to others in the room to throw like trials at them.

Once the required number of crossing posts have been made, five posts are required to exit the river. Allow time to respond between these posts just as the entering posts.

Do note that posts of assisting others do not count as crossing posts unless they correspond to the post of the other along the way. For example, if both people are on their sixth post, and one gets in trouble, they can be assisted by the other during the crossing and continue based upon the role play. If someone is on their tenth post, and for whatever reason someone on their fifth post needs assistance, a post of going back must be made in order to assist before they can continue onward.

Just view the whole process in a real time sort of setting. It is much easier than it sounds, and everyone ever having made the crossing has caught on within the first few posts.

We are not rule mongers during the crossing. Do your best and if an issue does arise, the ST has final say. Just roll with the punches and have fun. Just try to keep it real.

LUCK!!!!!

Offline peaches {B}

Re: River of Tears Info
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2017, 08:22:22 AM »
What is earlier than normal? I will not be around until at the earliest 9

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2017, 05:30:06 PM »
Earlier is ASAP!!!!! LOL  ;) ;D :-*

Offline peaches {B}

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2017, 07:43:15 PM »
RT is holding me up I'm sorry sister is at hospital. If I get home before to late I will come in

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2017, 11:19:52 PM »
We just closed out the room for the night. I hope all goes well for you and your sister!!!!!

Offline peaches {B}

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2017, 09:53:55 AM »
She is ok thank you I will be on tonight after work

Offline flame{NS}

• WM Tuchuk Trainers
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2017, 12:15:12 PM »
I hope  that Your sister gets to feeling better soon
I won't promise to be your friend forever, because I won't live that long. But let me be your friend as long as I live.