Author Topic: Clan of Healers: Duty Log  (Read 182837 times)

Offline Amber

• Turns Out - I'm Smarter than a House Plant
Re: Clan of Healers: Duty Log
« Reply #975 on: December 28, 2014, 09:13:57 AM »
Cleared Sidona to be splintless and removed it for her.

The medwagon has four patients right now, one of which being Boi and another being Kimba who suffered a concussion after the tarn she was riding crash landed. We suspect it wasn't the crash itself that gave her the concussion, but the resulting chaos after the crash.  She's been given valerian for pain, a kajira to hold her puke bucket, and she'll be monitored throughout the night with a Warrior close by should she awaken.

Offline Amber

« Reply #976 on: December 29, 2014, 09:27:20 AM »
NightStorm was looked over by an apprentice and the splint for her ankle removed.

Salem is cleared back to duty.

Offline Amber

« Reply #977 on: January 01, 2015, 08:52:40 AM »
After being attacked in the Outer Wagons, Dochin received many a suture both inside and outside of his forearm from a quiva through the radius and ulna.  He also received numerous other lacerations on that arm, both deep and shallow.  He's now bandaged from elbow to palm pretty much with his thumb and fingers free to be able to grip his shield.

Offline Taryn

• Finding happiness in glitter and resin
    • Handcrafted Designs by Taithleach
« Reply #978 on: January 01, 2015, 10:57:32 PM »
Ameena came in with what seems to be 2nd degree burns on her hand caused by boiling water that decided it didn't want to be in the pot any longer. There was quite a bit of blistering, which some if not most had already broken open, as well as her nails beginning to separate from the nail beds. Louisa, one of the apprentices who is nearly ready to be given her final test to be a full healer, treated her with myself observing.

Ameena's hand was soaked in a bowl of cool water for 20 ehn, while an IV was started to help replenish fluids lost from the burn and an antibiotic was added to help keep the risk of infection down. She was also given a small dose of valerian to help with the pain that was to come when both Louisa and I cleaned and debrided the blisters. Then her fingers were individually wrapped in gauze and then the rest of her hand was bandaged. Ameena is currently resting in the medical wagon until the fluids have finished and she is able to return to her wagon, but she needs to be reminded to return to the medical wagon at least twice a day for the next 2 days to have her burn checked, and her hand rebandaged. After those 2 days, she will only need to come to the medical wagon to check on the development of the new skin and check for infection, as burns have a higher rate of infection than most wounds. She will also at that time be given a jar of bosk fat infused with elder flower to help keep the new skin moist while it's replacing the damaged and burnt old skin.

Taryn Iona
First Healer

Offline Amber

« Reply #979 on: January 05, 2015, 01:55:36 PM »
Two nights ago - Dochin re-injured his arm, I removed stitches that had broken and redid them and rebandaged it.

Last night - Sukh and Raiden went at it.  Sukh was treated for a deep laceration to his thigh, bruises to his torso and a broken face.  Raiden was treated for a deep laceration to his shoulder blade that went down to bone.  Sukh is under DRAGONSLAIR to recover and Raiden is back on duty.

Offline Amber

« Reply #980 on: January 09, 2015, 11:22:53 PM »
Raziel broke his ankle after tripping in a hole on the plains.  I dismantled a crate and splinted it as best as I could.

Offline Taryn

« Reply #981 on: February 09, 2015, 10:03:25 PM »
Tended to recruits who came into camp in need of a healer. Both myself and Maise who was given full healer status early this morning helped me get each group tended to and taken care of. There were various cuts, scratches and other injuries that were taken care of. Only 3 are currently still in the medical wagon as they need quiet and the dark interior of the wagon while their headaches caused by the concussions take their due course. Kaissa, one of the healing kajira and a couple of her sisters have begun the rounds with willow bark and willow bark tea for those who had requested such on their exit of the medical wagon after being seen to.

Those who are in the medical wagon can return to training tomorrow morning when it begins again. At least they were given the day to recover which is a miracle in and of itself and I am not going to push for any longer time, as this should be enough to at least get them back onto their feet.

Taryn Iona
First Healer

Offline Taryn

« Reply #982 on: March 17, 2015, 10:07:41 PM »
Tended to a recruit who was carried in after having his knee run into, causing it to be hyper-extended. After examining said joint, I have come to determine that ligaments and tendons have probably been either torn or over extended, so I have decided to do surgery either tomorrow night or the following morning, giving the swelling time to lower before I go in and cause more trauma to an already traumatized joint. Orders are to give him a dose of Valerian every 4 to 5 ahn, nothing to eat or drink until after the surgery. Felicia who was one of my brightest Apprentices during her training nearly a year ago will be assisting me.

A little while later, a young boy was brought in by Sidona with a barbed arrow to his rear end. Seems it was shot there by Linna in response to this young boy snapping his towel on her own rear end causing a bit of pain and so she decided to retaliate with her bow and arrows. He was lucky as it didn't go too deep, after being given a small dose of Valerian, I was able to extract the barb arrow while still attached to the shaft, which was later separated and the barb arrow was sent to the Bowyers clan wagon to be used in the future and the shaft will be returned to Linna at a later time. The young boy will spend the next 6 hours in the medical wagon, so I can keep an eye on him while the Valerian works its way through his system and then I will release him to his parents with orders to have him brought to me in 2 days to have to the stitches removed and until they are removed he can't go swimming in the lake, or go near the lake as he might find himself accidentally pushed into the water.

Taryn Iona
First Healer

Offline Mercilayne

• MTC - Vintner Clan Elder
« Reply #983 on: March 30, 2015, 09:56:03 PM »
The recruit in the medical wagons with the knee injury had surgery on the knee, performed by NightStorm.  His knee was stitched up and wrapped securely. 

This evening it was unwrapped and the stitches removed.  His leg was left uncovered until his bath tomorrow.  After which, I will split and re-wrap it, not as heavily but enough to give it stability.  Within the hand, he should be able to start to therapy for the use of the knee.  Hopefully soon after that, he will be able to join the next batch of recruits.

Mercilayne

Offline Mercilayne

« Reply #984 on: April 01, 2015, 10:11:16 PM »
After a very bad storm....there were multiple people in the medical wagon.  Injuries ranged from minor lacerations to broken bones to 3 more serious who required surgery, performed by NightStorm. 

It's been a long night and day.. I do not know the exact numbers, they will be forthcoming in the next few days I do hope.  As of now, no deaths have been reported. 

I am travelling to the outer wagons for the next couple of days to find out the extent of damage and injuries there from the storm.  Also to be giving a healer's test to one of the senior apprentices in the northern wagons as they are in dire need of a full time healer. 

Mercilayne

Offline Mercilayne

« Reply #985 on: August 18, 2015, 10:01:00 PM »
There was a Kataii attack on the Camp in the morning hours.  They came thru the South and made their way into the main camp.  Exact injury and causality numbers are not known at this time due to the fact that not ever section has reported in.  What I can say is that the medical and surgical wagons in the main camp area were packed to near overflowing. 

We lost the southern perimeter medical wagons to the attack, they were burned.  Most of the southern healers and the slaves came with the injured into the main area. 

Carr - lance to belly

Brede - lace between left ribs and just below ribs..

Akio - lanced between groin and belly botton..

Muhuli - lance thru the stomach

Merkid - 2 shafts to the right side

Yudaii - lance thrust to right thigh, shaft to  upper left shoulder

Dochin - injury to the upper left arm, arterial spray

Arn - 3 right ribs cleaved (wired back to sternum)

Volund - sword slash to right pec... lance thrust to lower left back... quiva in left shoulder... 

Kabul - kidney/side injury

Qori - possible broken spine

Keegan - Lance thru stomach

Mongo - Gaping chest wound and deep thrust to right side below ribs

All of these should be in the medical wagon just now recovering from their injuries.  All were treated either by myself, NightStorm, Izee, and/or jade

Deceased:

Mao and Hong
Kulick... Yuki... Buqa

MIA:

Boi

Offline Mercilayne

« Reply #986 on: August 23, 2015, 10:24:29 PM »
The medical and surgical wagons are still filled to overflowing.  Some of the less critically wounded are underneath of both wagons as well as DRAGONSLAIR and the HO Barracks wagons.  All of the UO and HO that were in the medical wagons were moved to DRAGONSLAIR medical chambers.

Merkid discharged himself and seeing as how he did not fall on his face walking, he was wished the best.

The Butchers clan has been working through the night, as well as the Bakers and Salt Hunters supplying the Oralus with rations..
The Healing staff has been working through the night tending the existing wounded as well as newly arriving ...Without a Southern perimeter med wagon, and other Clan wagons in operation, the others have no choice but to make up for it. The Weatern perimeter med wagons are filled to capacity having had transfers from the North. The main area is handing all the casualties from the South.
Be wary if you are in the area of the medical lots.  The area around the med wagons is becoming quite nasty with congealing blood and other various body fluids from the wounded and dead.  The interiors of the wagons are not faring a great deal better. Choices had to be made to either tend the wounded or clean up after the wounded.

Extra note, for the future, I want extra medical wagons next time we get to have them built.  Just for times like this.

5 Men of Dylan's Unit were assigned to the surgical, medical, HO barracks, and DRAGONSLAIR.  these men are on a 4 shift rotation thru the day.

Kataii broke thru the ranks and made it to the Medical lot.  They tried to raid the medical freight wagon but were pushed back and killed by the Warriors of our Home.  One of the Kataii did manage to set the freight wagon on fire, the fire starting just near the enterance door to the wagon.  The fire was put out by water and the Ubara beating part of the flames out with the bodies of the young raiding Kataii.  When stock was taken inside the wagon, some damage occurred to crates of bandages... a couple crates of IV tubing... and some clamps are blackened with wet soot but they might be salvageable, we will have to see once things settle down again.

Hajime of the HO had two broken off arrow shafts in his chest.  He was taken to the medical chambers of DRAGONSLAIR, the shafts removed and his chest wounds packed with healing guaze.

Offline Mercilayne

« Reply #987 on: August 30, 2015, 11:04:19 PM »
Over 600 wounded Warriors were brought back into the Camp after last night's activities. 
The most serious were taken to the surgical or medical wagons.
The rest of the Warriors are on flatbed wagons in the Main Camp area, with covering stretched over the wagons to provide shade from the sun or shelter from the rain that started.
Any HO or UO that was wounded was moved to DRAGONSLAIR    for treatment.
Chet was treated for a quiva wound to the stomach and is resting.
Medical personnel will be working thru the night to triage and treat the wounded.

A 'slightly used' medical and medical freight wagon acquired that will hopefully be used to replace what was burned in the Southern Wagons.  We still need to go thru it and see what supplies are stocked.
There ARE wounded Kataii Warriors in the medical wagon. They are all under heavy sedation and are secured to keep them from being jolted around during the transport.  A decision on what to do with them will be made tomorrow once our Warriors are seen to.

Offline Arlon

« Reply #988 on: December 01, 2018, 07:42:35 PM »
Answering an urgent call for Healing at The Point, Ubara, Izee and myself discovered a wounded Merchant. "Wounded" may actually be too mild a term; for one not a Warrior, his injuries were appallingly severe. Both arms and several ribs were broken, his jaw was shattered and numerous teeth missing, face swollen and "punky"; right knee was completely blown, bent backwards in fact, skull at first inspection suspected to be fractured. Right pupil blown, left responsive to light. Patient was mercifully unconscious and remained so throughout treatment.

Ubara, being senior, took charge of the treatment (the POint's healer was...incapacitated at the time). She inspected the man's skull and confirmed he was concussed at the least. Izee was assigned the arms and ribs;  I was assigned the damaged knee. Being only a Medic, I restricted myself to immobilizing and supporting the knee and leg with splints and rolled-up repcloth, and prepping the knee for surgery by cleaning the skin over it with alcohol. 

Ubara repaired the broken jaw using silver-coated thread, wired his mouth closed to heal and coated her sutures with honey.  She then loosened and bandaged a portion of the skullplate to relieve intercranial pressure and swelling, which was considerable. Izee treated the ribs by setting the bones and applying tape to hold things in place. Upon examination the right arm was found to have suffered a nondisplaced fracture of the humerus; Izee set the bone and again applied tape to immobilize. The left arm was found to have fractures to both radius and ulna, which Izee set and splinted.

Ubara opened and inspected the knee joint, reset the bone and reattached the muscles and tendons.

As a final note, in case of the Point's Healer, "incapacitated" is defined as "drunk on duty" -- passed out in the floor, in fact. The healing lodge was found to be unsanitary, poorly kept and in general not in useable condition. The healing slaves belonging to the Lodge were set to deep-cleaning the place; the former Healer was collared and chained to the Point's whipping post.

---Arlon