Author Topic: Clan of Healers: Duty Log  (Read 199160 times)

Offline Amber

• Turns Out - I'm Smarter than a House Plant
Re: Clan of Healers: Duty Log
« Reply #945 on: November 29, 2014, 10:31:34 PM »
Elisa had a night terror and punched something.  She suffered a boxer's fracture.  Since I don't carry plaster on me in my medkit, we improvised.  Dochin broke a chair and I used a relatively smooth piece of wood wrapped in bandages as a splint from the top knuckle of her pinky to the heel of her palm.  I then used another bandage to immobilize her fingers, wrapping them from the top of the board down to her wrist leaving her thumb free.  So it looks like a cast, just without the plaster.  Maybe something can be arranged, but I doubt she'll need it.

No punching walls, noses or other objects for three days.

Offline Amber

« Reply #946 on: December 02, 2014, 11:15:36 PM »
Tuchuks like punching stuff.

I suffered some split knuckles busting a Physician's cheekbone.  Shoko cleaned em, sutured them, applied blue grass and agrimony to them and bandaged them.

No punching anything for a couple of days for me.

Offline Amber

« Reply #947 on: December 04, 2014, 06:09:57 PM »
Tended to Merkid yesterday after he got into a fight with Arata.  He got kicked in the testicles, kicked in the face repeatedly, stomped in the gut, and got a quiva through his forearm.

I had him apply an ice bag to his testicles to help lower the swelling.  I cleaned out the wound tract from the quiva and stitched it up before bandaging it.  Applied ice to his face to help with swelling, then applied heat.

I finally gave him valerian because he was moaning and groaning in pain.  I cannot tell if it was due to his arm or his nuts.

Offline Fishy!

« Reply #948 on: December 04, 2014, 07:59:13 PM »
Tended to Arata yesterday, he had a slice on his arm from the fight with Merkid.

He needed only a few stitches, and was bandaged up, thankfully for him, his Jerkin took much of the damage. His face while bruised was not swelling and he hadn't lost any teeth, so he didn't receive any treatment.

Painkillers were offered, but seeing that he was not greatly injured, he turned them down.

Offline Amber

« Reply #949 on: December 05, 2014, 12:20:48 PM »
-reads over the logs and realizes I have forgotten to enter in Hajime's fun adventure-

At some point during our visit to Turia, Hajime was knifed in the kidney by a cut purse.  Originally he was treated in the Medical Cylinder where his kidney was removed and he was placed on an i.v. drip of antibiotics and valerian.

He was "rescued" from the Cylinder after two days of their tender loving care and was able to be up and moving about mostly on his own.  No sign of infection was present at the time.  He is now able to move fully on his own and his sutures will be able to be removed as soon as I am sitting still long enough to remove them.

Also removed an arrowhead from Yamada's calf.  Filled the hole with packing soaked in healing herbs and bandaged it up.  Also when still long enough will suture him up and he'll be good to go.

Offline Amber

« Reply #950 on: December 06, 2014, 05:12:11 PM »
Removed Hajime's sutures.  He's still learning his limits with alcohol intake being down one kidney.  This'll be fun.

Removed the packing and sutured up Yamada's calf.

Removed the sutures from my knuckles.

Popped three of Mercilayne's toes back into socket after she dislocated them when she got into a fight with a nightstand.

Offline Amber

« Reply #951 on: December 06, 2014, 11:37:31 PM »
Elisa had a bit of an accident when she tried to stop the lid from her water barrel from sliding from the platform.  She overbalanced trying not to use her injured hand and tumbled from her porch to the ground and landed on her head.

She has a concussion.  She puked everywhere.  I gave her a shot of valerian and loaned her the healing kajira, angel, to watch over her during the night to make sure she keeps breathing, clean out her puking bucket, etc.

Side note:

Her knuckles are now healed enough to go without the board, but I didn't have a chance to tape her fingers together before she concussed herself.

Offline Amber

« Reply #952 on: December 07, 2014, 10:38:59 PM »
Carr of the Healer's Own was shot in the abdomen and then the back.  Both did not go as deep as they could.  The abdominal was stopped and ended in his muscle.  The one to his back as slowed by hitting the bottom of his left shoulder blade.  Both arrowheads were removed and he was moved to the HO barracks wagon to heal.

Koke of Ubara's Own received an arrow wound to his lower left ribs from behind.  This caused a collapsed lung.  I removed the arrow, sewed up the hole in his lung with bosk gut thread, and inserted a tube to remove the air from his chest cavity.  He was moved to DRAGONSLAIR with a healing slave watching over him.

Susumu of the Healer's Own also received an arrow wound to his leg.  I removed the arrow, stitched him up, and he rejoined his Brothers since he could walk and hold a weapon.

Tended to various other things...  And with Ubar being injured will tend to him next (rp paused due to everyone going to bed).

Healer's report to follow on how many dead and injured.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2014, 06:05:46 AM by Amber »

Offline Amber

« Reply #953 on: December 08, 2014, 06:03:36 PM »
Ubar was brought into the medwagon with a broken off arrow shaft to the belly, two broken off arrow shafts to the left back, a quiva wound to right upper arm,and a lance thrust to side of right thigh. A lung filling with blood from the arrows, I removed the first one, sewed up the hole in his lung and inserted a tube to help drain the blood and let air escape his chest cavity.  The second arrow was then removed from his back, along with the one to his abdomen.  Both were packed with gauze soaked in elder flower and blue grass.  The quiva wound was sewed back up using silk, the lance wound to his thigh was done with bosk gut and silk.  He is on a tassa powder i.v. drip and antibiotics to keep him asleep and help fight infection.  He was moved to DRAGONSLAIR as the cots and exam tables in the medwagon are proving unable to hold his weight.

Tended to a lance wound to the back of Sidona's thigh.  Bosk gut thread for the muscle and silk sutures for the outside.  Salved and bandaged.

Removed an arrow from a Warrior's larynx, sewed up the median thyrohyoid ligament with bosk gut thread, left the wound open to treat for infection should it set in, the Warrior is on a tassa powder i.v. drip and antibiotics.

Tended to a Warrior who received a lance thrust to the chest, during triage he had been stabilized with a chest tube to help reinflate his lung, remove air and blood from his chest cavity.  On a tassa powder drip and antibiotics.  I sewed up his chest.

Tended to a Warrior with a sliced femural artery.  Disinfected the artery (which had been clamped during triage), sewed it back together, then sewed the muscle over the artery and the skin over the muscle.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2014, 07:13:59 PM by Amber »

Offline Mercilayne

• MTC - Vintner Clan Elder
« Reply #954 on: December 09, 2014, 04:33:24 PM »
Tended a Warrior that had a laceration on his jawline, honey salve applied to it, also he had a deeper laceration on his right upper arm that was stitched up.

Tended a Warrior that a lance head stuck in his upper left thigh.  The lance head was carefully removed and the wound cleaned and stitched up.

Tended to Danr who took a barbed arrow in the leg.  it was removed and the wound stitched up along with a laceration to his upper right arm. 

Offline Fishy!

« Reply #955 on: December 09, 2014, 07:34:19 PM »
After the fight with the Kataii-

Tended Kabul of the Ubaras own, he had a lance wound along his thigh, almost from his hip to knee, he was triaged, the bleeding stopped and he was prepped for later treatment at the Medical wagon, but he was rather pale, so Ubara and I decided to have him sent to the Surgical wagon right away where Gheetah put him on a IV with antibiotics, and ordered a blood transfusion before tending to his wound. once he was stabilized he was sent to the healing chambers in DRAGONSLAIR, to be watched and tended along with Koke.

Tended Volund, he had a dagger lodged in the muscles of his back, the tip stopped by his shoulder blade, he was able to walk to the medical wagon on his own, and there I removed the dagger, he did not seem to be in too much pain, more upset about his damaged Jerkin then the wound so he didn't receive any pain medications, he was stitched up with Bosk Gut thread inside, and silk outside, and given instructions to keep the wound clean and the bandaged changed regularly so infection wont set it.

Two of the Healers apprentices who are further along in their training have been allowed to tend minor wounds, freeing the healing staff to treat the more seriously wounded, any who do not have a woman or family to tend their wounds are asked to seek treatment from the Apprentices.

Offline Amber

« Reply #956 on: December 10, 2014, 09:27:36 AM »
Koke began to cough more and then cough up blood.  The Ubara called me from the outer wagons to find out what was going on.  Upon arrival I concluded that a blood clot had blocked his drainage tube not allowing air and fluid to escape.  This put pressure on his lung, which caused the coughing which in turn caused a rupture in his sutures which allowed blood back into his lung.  I removed the tube and NightStorm cleaned it while I removed the old sutures and replaced them after folding the lung over along the tear.  I replaced the tube and taped and bandaged around it.

Ubar nearly woke up from his drug induced unconsciousness.  I hustled and replaced his tassa i.v. bottle and he went back to sleep.  Skies help us if he wakes up before that breathing tube is removed.

In the outer wagons I checked over the damaged freight wagon, then had thralls remove what could be salvaged from it and put it in another medical freight wagon at the main medical location.  We'll have to wait until we arrive at our permanent location before all of the crates are gone through and we find out exactly what we lost.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2014, 09:30:26 AM by Amber »

Offline Amber

« Reply #957 on: December 11, 2014, 12:27:41 AM »
Before moving tonight:

Checked the Ubar's chest tube and i.v. All good.  Chest tube can be removed tomorrow.

Checked Koke's chest tube and i.v.  All good.  Chest tube as long as everything remains good can be removed in two days.

Checked Kabul's stitches.  All good despite him grumbling.  No infection present.

Checked Carr's chest tube and i.v.   All good.  Chest tube can be removed tomorrow.

Checked Susumu's stitches.  All good.  No infection present.

After moving tonight:

The medwagon porch is littered with exhausted Warriors who are either rehydrating with juice and being fed from the medwagon brazier or are on i.v. fluids to replenish what they have lost and to stop their dehydration.

Gave out tin medical measuring cups to every available pair of hands within the medwagon, Warriors, Healers and healing slaves, didn't matter.  They are to use the cups to measure salt and put the salt into bottles of sterile water to make up more saline solution bottles for i.v.s.  We were running low.  Will get a full count tomorrow.  Taryn supervised.

Offline Amber

« Reply #958 on: December 12, 2014, 11:26:44 AM »
Removed Ubar's chest tube and stitched up.  Took him off of the tassa powder and allowed him to wake up.

Removed Carr's chest tube and stitched him up.  Took him off of the tassa powder and allowed him to wake up.

Koke's chest tube can be removed when we stop for a long enough period to do so. - Done

Kabul's stitches can be removed when we stop long enough to do so. - Done

Susumu's stitches can be removed when we stop long enough to do so. - Done

At least half if not more of the Warriors in the medwagon should be able to have their sutures removed or at least return to duty.  Those who had surgery may be in for at least a day longer. - Done
« Last Edit: December 12, 2014, 06:55:09 PM by Amber »

Offline Amber

« Reply #959 on: December 12, 2014, 09:05:44 PM »
Cleared eight-two Warriors from the medwagon leaving ninety within.

Thirty of them left mid-day to ride during the rougher part of the ground.

Sixty were sedated to ride out the rough ground in the medwagon.

A barrel chain burst due to immense strain and a piece of shrapnel found its way into my right calf.  I removed it, doused the wound in antiseptic, put a little bit of blue grass on it and sutured it up myself before bandaging it and continuing to ride.