Author Topic: Clan of Healers: Duty Log  (Read 185893 times)

Offline Amber

• Turns Out - I'm Smarter than a House Plant
Re: Clan of Healers: Duty Log
« Reply #960 on: December 13, 2014, 08:04:32 PM »
The medwagon is nearly empty.  All that remain are four Warriors who were in Yuudai's unit.  Yuudai has already left, back to duty with sutures.  The others were too injured to be released just yet.

Offline Amber

« Reply #961 on: December 14, 2014, 10:22:06 PM »
Another Warrior released from the medwagon.  Leaving three Warriors in the original medwagon.

I say original medwagon because the 1st returned with two medwagons from the Kataii encampment and it was filled with presents.  Wounded, dying or dead Warriors.

There were just over 200 Warriors inside who needed to be tended.

Surgeons and Healers from the outer wagons were summoned to the inner wagon medwagons to cover the amount of patients.

70 of the 231 Warriors were in the second medwagon and received attention from the Healers because they were not the worst of the patients.  131 Warriors were in the first medwagon and required much more than just bandages and splints.  Limbs were removed when they could not be saved.  Arteries were pieced back together and sutured.  Lance tips and arrows were removed from chests.

We lost 13 Warriors either before we could get to them or during surgery.  They are being prepared for their pyre.  There are countless more injured, but they were seen to by Sid or their own Women and we do not have an accurate count.

Offline Fishy!

« Reply #962 on: December 15, 2014, 10:04:29 PM »
Tended to Unegen tonight, he'd been hit with some sort of tool during the raid on Kataii, and is in rather poor spirits, since he had his shoulder blade broken he is stuck laying on his stomach in his cot with only the view of passing feet keeping him occupied.

since his wounds are healing well and he seemed stable, I gave him a few options for his treatment, since he left the option up to me, I decided that he needed to be out of the medwagon and have moved his cot for now out onto the porch where he can socialize with the rest of camp. that was followed with a good meal of stew and fresh made sausages, so since hes eaten and gotten some sunshine he seems in much better spirits.

if the weather permits some of the stable warriors will be moved onto the porch and given furs to lay under so they might sleep out under the stars.

Offline Amber

« Reply #963 on: December 16, 2014, 10:18:45 PM »
Removed Carr's sutures and he is back on full active duty for the HO.

Offline Amber

« Reply #964 on: December 18, 2014, 07:53:36 PM »
(STed) Removal of Ubar's stitches.

(STed) Removal of Koke's stitches.

Both are released back to full active duty.

(STed) Patient's release from the first and second medwagons.  Not a lot of them, but some.

I went in and wired Unegen's scapula together with Shoko watching to see how I did it.  He is on i.v. antibiotics and had been on tassa powder for the duration of the surgery, but he can awake at any time now.

Offline Amber

« Reply #965 on: December 20, 2014, 04:44:42 PM »
Released the majority of those Men of the First who were confined to the first medwagon.  Only thirteen remain including Unegen.

An NPC Shoko also released all of the Men from the second medwagon.

Treated chanz for a concussion and shall laceration to her scalp after she took a tumble into the mud.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2014, 10:47:18 PM by Amber »

Offline Amber

« Reply #966 on: December 21, 2014, 05:16:37 PM »
Released twelve Warriors completely back to duty.  Unegen will remain within the medwagon for at least two more days.  For today though he is released to ride up in the front with the driver to give an extra pair of eyes for the crossing.

Offline Amber

« Reply #967 on: December 22, 2014, 11:51:41 AM »
Healed lots of people.  I didn't count them.  Tired.

Offline Taryn

• Finding happiness in glitter and resin
    • Handcrafted Designs by Taithleach
« Reply #968 on: December 22, 2014, 03:24:02 PM »
Sewed up Sidona's badonkadonk after it was hooked by a grappling hook. Her left leg has been set and stabilized and she's on a sedation IV to keep her from going to find Salem, and orders have been given to make sure that she's given a dose of valerian every 4-5 hours for pain. She is sort of on her side, with her leg propped up.

Then went to heal the others coming in from the river, lost count after the second one, but still going for as long as possible.

Offline Mercilayne

• MTC - Vintner Clan Elder
« Reply #969 on: December 22, 2014, 05:06:00 PM »
Set and splinted NightStorm's broken ankle, pain meds given

Stitched two holes in Suhe.. one in Mongo...

am sure I helped otherwise......just...not sure of the specifics....

you get the general idea.

Offline Amber

« Reply #970 on: December 23, 2014, 04:55:46 PM »
Other than helping where I could help and doing rounds and such I also removed a temwood pole from Salem's right side just beneath his floating ribs.  Believe it or not none of his internal organs were damaged and he was lucky because it just missed his right kidney.  He's up and relatively moving around, but he's in the medwagon until he can come off of the antibiotic i.v.  I assume he'll be sticking closely to Sidona.

Offline Fishy!

« Reply #971 on: December 24, 2014, 12:04:10 PM »
After an incident between Gheeta and Tung of the HO, Gheeta was upended into a water barrel, she received no lasting injuries, just a little water logged.

Tended to Tungs hand afterwards, Gheeta had already used clamps to pin the skin and loose flesh from around Tung's hand out of the way and wrapped wire around the bones to twist them into place and set them, due to a difference in bedside manner, I was allowed to tend the warrior, and even give Sidona and the HO who where there an impromptu lesson on how to set the bones of the hand, and which thread to use when stitching the muscles and meaty bits back together and proper application of bluegrass salve, and which salves to use in that situation, then I taught them how to properly suture the skin closed and how and when to use the honey salve to seal the wound. after wrapping his hand, it was splinted carefully so he wont risk shifting the bones in his hand and keeping it from healing well.

Tung was overcome by the amount of pain he was in, so he was moved to one of the cots on the medwagon porch and given a very small dose of Valerian to take the pain away and help him get a sound night of sleep. The other members of the Healers Own were given instructions on what to look for as far as possible infection, and they seem to be taking good care of their own injuries.

Chet came to the medwagon last night, complaining of pain in his ribs from being crushed under an attacking thrall, he does not have any broken ribs, but has managed to suffer deep bruising, liniment was applied to his bruised ribs and back, and his arm while jostled and in pain has not been injured any further, hes been checked over and his sling adjusted for better comfort, for now he has been given willowbark tea for the pain, and been asked to keep from any heavy lifting for the time being.

Offline Amber

« Reply #972 on: December 24, 2014, 12:22:34 PM »
-An entry is listed in the duty log.  It's messy, hardly legible and seems to be written in a hurry-

Dochin woke up finally after a dumb blonde screamed in his face.  He was in pain so valerian was administered.

Someone may have hurt her ribs even more after fighting with a few thralls.  They were set again and she's been banned from the medwa

-The entry is incomplete-

Offline Fishy!

« Reply #973 on: December 27, 2014, 05:51:02 PM »
administered a dose of Slave Wine to Amber this morning.

Offline Fishy!

« Reply #974 on: December 27, 2014, 08:47:14 PM »
Checked Terrans wound to his thigh, he's managed not to bust any stitches so it happens to be healing nicely.

Took the stitches out, and bandaged the wound, he's been released back to his usual duties.