Author Topic: Gossip  (Read 32322 times)

Offline Danial

Re: Gossip
« Reply #30 on: February 22, 2006, 03:24:49 PM »
Noted
It is better to have lived fully then to die and old man

Giselle

« Reply #31 on: February 23, 2006, 12:43:47 PM »
'nods gently'

Noted Brother

Offline Strider

• Watching for pigs on the wing....
« Reply #32 on: February 25, 2006, 05:20:55 PM »
Hmmm, had not seen this before, must remember to wear glasses. But, of course, agreed with. If I might be allowed to quote from another famous book

But if ye bite and devour one another, take heed that ye be not consumed one of another.

Strider
Honor cannot be taught, it cannot be claimed, nor faked. It is either there, or it is not.

Offline tamara {MTC}

« Reply #33 on: March 01, 2006, 10:38:11 PM »
aye Master Ubar, one obeys and understands...
"A woman can only respect a man who can reduce her to utter defeat."

(Nomads of Gor, p.298)

Offline Coreign

« Reply #34 on: March 08, 2006, 08:03:11 PM »
*gently scribbles her insignia*

Understood Ubar.

Offline syn {MTC} mat~tp

• The life of a female slave is a life wholly given.
« Reply #35 on: March 19, 2006, 05:19:02 PM »
Have read and understand

Offline Taryn

• Finding happiness in glitter and resin
    • Handcrafted Designs by Taithleach
« Reply #36 on: March 24, 2006, 12:02:23 PM »
~kicks this up as it's happening again~

kelsey

« Reply #37 on: April 17, 2006, 06:25:47 PM »
Please note modification in red on page 1.....

Offline Jay

• Hump de Bump!
« Reply #38 on: April 17, 2006, 06:33:01 PM »
Aye Brother.

Disclaimer: We have no wish to offend you unless you're a twit.

A censor is a man who thinks he knows more than you ought to.

I don't see you, so don't pretend you're there.

Offline Thalia

• I Belong to Cyrano
« Reply #39 on: April 17, 2006, 06:44:34 PM »
I'm going to place this text on our webpages, too.

Living in the land of sun, sand, and Thassa breezes, where the only rule is common sense.  What's not to love?

Offline Taryn

• Finding happiness in glitter and resin
    • Handcrafted Designs by Taithleach
« Reply #40 on: April 17, 2006, 06:55:47 PM »
yes Ubar

Vala

« Reply #41 on: April 17, 2006, 08:13:39 PM »
I can not at this time sign off on the modification in red on page 1. But I would like to explain why...

My msn is an rt addy, an states My rt name.. If a friend comes to Me there venting in rt, an needs a shoulder to lean on , I will give it. That doesnt mean Im gossiping or backstabbing or even venting right back. What it means is, Im giving a friend support, words of encouragement (exp. telling to take a breath , offering a hug, or to simply encourage them to let whatever is upsetting them go).. If I dont take this into rp in the room, then by simply listening to a friend I have done nothing wrong.

I must draw a line on how far I will let the rules of MTC dictate Me the typist. Now I must ask.. Rags if You as Ubar of MTC, or even as Moderator of this section of the boards feel I have read the modification wrong, please let Me know.

Christiana

the Typist of Vala

Offline Tiggie

• Stop the world..... I want the hell off!
    • Nightly Sins, Inc.
« Reply #42 on: April 17, 2006, 08:19:31 PM »
Signs My name in with Christina aka Vala...

Tammy/Tiggie/Sandra

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
  • NEVER YIELD - NEVER QUIT
« Reply #43 on: April 17, 2006, 09:15:54 PM »
I can not at this time sign off on the modification in red on page 1. But I would like to explain why...

My msn is an rt addy, an states My rt name.. If a friend comes to Me there venting in rt, an needs a shoulder to lean on , I will give it. That doesnt mean Im gossiping or backstabbing or even venting right back. What it means is, Im giving a friend support, words of encouragement (exp. telling to take a breath , offering a hug, or to simply encourage them to let whatever is upsetting them go).. If I dont take this into rp in the room, then by simply listening to a friend I have done nothing wrong.

I must draw a line on how far I will let the rules of MTC dictate Me the typist. Now I must ask.. Rags if You as Ubar of MTC, or even as Moderator of this section of the boards feel I have read the modification wrong, please let Me know.

Christiana

the Typist of Vala

Signs My name in with Christina aka Vala...

Tammy/Tiggie/Sandra

it is a simple concept whether you like it or naught.

if it affects Tuchuk in a negative way ic... it will be dealt with.

if it affects Tuchuk in a negative way in ooc... it will be dealt with ooc.

at this point... i do naught care if either of you like it or naught.

if you do naught like facing the repercussions of one's actions... then the prudent person would naught continue such actions.

you have the right to do as you wish... as i have the right to protect my room and my family in it.

exchange between the two of you all you wish. have at... enjoy... knock yourselves out... but if such reaches me... then obviously it was naught a simple matter of venting one to the other, as one perpetuated the issue and it continued until it reached me. i will naught dictate what one may say to another rt. such is naught my place. but it is plain to understand, that if two speak of something... and it passes through another, etc, until it reaches me... then it is naught confined simply between the two. it was continued on through others and serves no purpose aside from entertaining busy-bodies and perpetuating a discreet venting session into a gossip topic.

do realise by posting such to the wall in such a way it may well tend to cause others to think long and hard before confiding in either of you... knowing this "venting" to others does take place.

Offline Thalia

• I Belong to Cyrano
« Reply #44 on: April 17, 2006, 10:22:08 PM »
Here's how I draw the line -- and why I feel comfortable signing my name to the new text in red: 

-If I decide to share my VT-caused frustrations with a friend in a RT setting/context, I have not crossed a line.  I needed a shoulder.  I vented.  My breathing returned to normal.  The conversation began and ended on the island of two ears.  End of story.

-If I decide to take my RT-based conversation with Shoulder A to the ears of Shoulder B, causing my second friend to know the cause of my frustration AND the personal views of Shoulder A, that is gossip.  I have crossed a line.

-If I vented to Shoulder A -just- so I could draw out and report Shoulder A's personal views to the world in general, I am a malicious ass who should be excommunicated from the home whose trust I have abused.

-If Shoulders A and/or B take my own views, which were expressed in confidence, to others -- THEY have crossed the line, not me.  Sucks to be them when others figure out what a malicious ass they are.

-If someone vents to me, and I run to the source of my venter's frustration with gums flapping, I have crossed a line. 

-However, I reserve the right to disclose such information which is potentially harmful to the venter or to others if kept silent, just as I would if one of my students disclosed being abused or committing a crime.  There is a difference between being a snitch and aiding and abetting.  I will always ask myself, "If I say nothing about what I was just told, will others be hurt, or will a wrong go unpunished?"

There is a big difference between being a friend and being a gossip; between listening to what is shared and reporting to others what is shared; and between being a snitch and aiding and abetting a crime against our home.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2006, 10:43:15 PM by ~ delilah ~ {K} »

Living in the land of sun, sand, and Thassa breezes, where the only rule is common sense.  What's not to love?