Author Topic: Jealousy, both FW and slaves: Please read and sign  (Read 26816 times)

Offline Yahira

Jealousy, both FW and slaves: Please read and sign
« on: January 31, 2006, 09:01:28 AM »
This is being posted with consent of the Ubar..

How many of you have ever had a pet?  Perhaps you have known of someone in your lifetime who has had a pet?  Chances are, unless you reside on the moon, the answer to at least one of these questions is a resounding, "Yes!"

That, of course, leads me to another series of questions.  First of all, have you, or anyone you have ever known, had more than one pet at a time?  Have you, or any other pet owner you have ever known, ever paid attention to another pet?  This attention could be a variety of things.  Perhaps they have petted it?  Perhaps they admired that it was well trained and behaved?  Perhaps it was just a beautiful animal?  Again, my guess is that somewhere in here, you've answered "Yes" once again.

Now, there is a reason I am asking you this.  I want to remind you all of something that is often forgotten.  On gor, slaves are nothing more than pets..  animals..  belongings..  Is this always an easy concept for those behind the screens?  No.  We are, afterall, only human, and this is a foreign concept to us most of the time.  Sometimes, it is easy to bring those r/t feelings over into gor, but the fact is, r/t is not gor.

If you have your eye on a man, as much as the r/t person may want to, you do not own him.  If you have been guilty of bitching in pm or IM's to another slave for paying too much attention to a man who has a slave, you are way out of line.  If you have "warned" others about a certain man being "taken," then you, too, are out of line.  While you may mean well, it is not any of your business, and this must stop.

Now, I could fill this post with quotes, saying basically the same thing that I've just told you, but I'll hold off unless they are really needed.  I am certainly not saying that it is easy to not let those real feelings come in.  The fact is, most all of us have been guilty of it at one point or another.  However, this isn't an excuse.  The "helpful warnings" being done are not at all helpful, but rather, hurtful.  This will NOT be tolerated.

If you are having an issue with something you are seeing, bring it to the attention of the appropriate people.  Remember the following two rules, and act accordingly.

•Jealousy and possessiveness of a Master’s/Mistress's attention is not tolerated of a slave. To show jealousy, to attempt to make a Master or Mistress kow-tow to that emotion, is to attempt to become Master/Mistress and make the Master/Mistress a slave. Tacky, tacky, tacky...

•Do not correct another slave! Only trainers may correct those they train

Now, while this post has mainly pertained to slaves, as per Ubar, this also goes for free.  There have been reports of FW also telling slaves in PM or in IM's the same type of thing discussed above.  The Ubar has stated that this is "pure bullshit" and that he had better never catch someone doing this.

Offline familure{TD}

• woobie's mini-me
Re: Jealousy, both FW and slaves: Please read and sign
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2006, 09:11:43 AM »
~reads Mistress' words and leaves her mark upon the wall~
yes Mistress

To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift. - Steve Prefontaine

Offline LadyMuse

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2006, 09:51:01 AM »
*nods* aye

LM

Offline Amber

• Turns Out - I'm Smarter than a House Plant
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2006, 09:53:52 AM »
Aye aye Ma'am! -salutes-

Offline Geona

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2006, 10:06:48 AM »
Geona
"For attractive lips, speak words of kindness.
For lovely eyes, seek out the good in people.
For a slim figure, share your food with the hungry.
For beautiful hair, let a child run his fingers through it once a day.
For poise, walk with the knowledge you'll never walk alone …"

Offline kadi{MTC}

• WM Tuchuk Trainers
  • Tuchuk's lil pouncer
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2006, 10:12:15 AM »
Yes Mistress read and understood

kadi......Tuchuks lil pouncer
May love and laughter light your days..And warm your heart and home..May good and faithful friends be yours..Wherever you may roam..May peace and joy bless your world.. And may all life's passing seasons..Bring the best to you and yours..

Offline Raziel

• WEBMAZE Mod
  • "In time, all things will be revealed."
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2006, 12:27:14 PM »
You so sincerely have to love this topic.  Slaves being jealous of their Master's affections for another slave or even a FW. Even a slave that will say something like...."I couldnt bear to be in a chain"  or "I dont think I could handle it if you had a FC".  I see less jealousy of this nature in FW and more in the slave.  And Im sure, no matter the reminder, it will always happen and continue to.  And of course the jealousy of FW versus another FW over the attention of a possible courter.  Get over it.

Raz

Offline Dream

• Some dreams are meant to be silent
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2006, 12:58:22 PM »
read and acknowledged Sister

JoJo
Dreams are born in the heart and mind, and only there can they ever die...unless someone else stomps on them

Offline prism {*RgR*1*}

• Da woobster
  • There are more than angels watching over me
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2006, 01:00:45 PM »
*slaps her pawprint up here*

read, understood, signed off
woobie
« Last Edit: January 31, 2006, 01:34:21 PM by prism {*RgR*1*} »
~*~~*~
Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders & says...

'Oh shit....she's awake!!'

~*~~*~

Offline Amantha

« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2006, 01:17:54 PM »
aye.. understands.

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
  • NEVER YIELD - NEVER QUIT
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2006, 02:15:21 PM »
True...

"Get over it." does naught cut it here... naught in this situation of our online rp venue.

if one feels jealousy... then by all means.... "Get over it".

when there are those who break character in pm or another means of messaging to warn others off a particular person... NAUGHT IN TUCHUK!!! we have all come together to rp Gor for whatever reasons. some for just the rp... some for the adventure... some to become something they are naught in rt.... and some who seek to further explore what they are in rt without the restraints of rt.

were there jealousies on Gor? yes, most certainly. it was almost always a condition of a situation that had no escape much like our own rt situations. you had to deal with it and continue. in the online rp venue... it IS something that can be avoided. it will naught become an issue in our home. in this venue it is avoided by leaving our home or causing a division within it. that which harms Tuchuk will NAUGHT be tolerated!!!

we come together to rp. Tuchuk is no dating service. it is no place to be petty and stake out territory out of character. A Master will decide who serves him and a wise Master will be served by all.

if a Master is too weak to make such decisions on his own... then he is no Master.

if a Woman is naught proud enough to stand and be measured for who she is against other females... and must resort to manipulation behind the scenes... then she is unworthy of remaining free.

if a slave is unable to draw a Master's eye with her service, sensuality, devotion, charm, spirit, the fire burning within her belly, etc... and must resort to behind the scenes manipulation to attempt to accomplish what the slave should be doing openly... then they have earned no right to be viewed as la kajira in my eyes.

play the earth games elsewhere. they accomplish nothing of value in Tuchuk.

anyone so easily led by manipulation or accepting aid to gain in such ways instead of becoming what it takes to accomplish their goal is only fooling themselves into thinking they will be able to hold such station. rest assured that when one who is "real" comes along the false will be left by the wayside and forgotten.

Offline Lady Snickers

« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2006, 02:46:09 PM »
read and understood

Offline ice{LM/TD}

• innocent until proven... er...
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2006, 02:50:20 PM »
read and understood Mistress
Never meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Offline Raziel

• WEBMAZE Mod
  • "In time, all things will be revealed."
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2006, 03:15:11 PM »
Well, perhaps an indepth response is warranted in my reply of "Get over it".  True, like you said, it is directed to the feelings of jealousy, not saying that we would hold jealousy within Tuchuk, but behind the scenes it will happen.  It happens everyday and everyone of the home commits some form of it.  Some will say it is coveting, but then again, that is jealousy just sounding a bit prettier.

Council makes the attempt to intervene in all avenues of threatening whispers to stem the growing "disdain" "dislikes" or "self pity" for others.  I see many a time when a council will back another to get a point across or to explain in depth why something has taken place for others to better understand.  Yes, I am brash and even an asshole as some have already told me in PM or in IM's in my roleplay.  I make no excuses for it, I simply am.  I do not change my opinions because of said pm's and such, I simply make the attempt to explain better.  If I cannot, Im sure one of my sisters will step in and say..."Well, yes I agree, he is an asshole but that is because he cares".  You may not see it from me, but it is there.

Jealousy should never be allowed to fester and grow and run like a rash in Tuchuk.  Too many homes have fallen because of such and it happens in everyhome all through the online rp venue.  WE do strive to chase it away as best we can in every situation.  We might not catch it all, but the home should know that we do care about everyone and their feelings.

Yes, jealousy is in the books, easily read.  Jealousy is in actions, thoughts, looks and whispers.  Everyone simply needs to try better to understand what is the root of their jealousy and instead of sitting idly by and allowing it to grow, work to correct it and do better.

Everyone is unique in all things we do.  That is what makes this home better than any.  WE have support of each other and learn from each other.  No need for jealousies to be here.  AGAIN, there is no place for it in Tuchuk.  WE are better than that.

No matter its form, vt, rt, lifestyle, fantasy...jealousy is simply something that can be overcome with a little thought and understanding.

This is what entails my "Get over it" reply.  You will have to excuse me, being at work leaves me little time to be so detailed as I am now, though Im still at work. 

Raz

Offline Taryn

• Finding happiness in glitter and resin
    • Handcrafted Designs by Taithleach
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2006, 04:21:44 PM »
Read and understood..

Taryn Iona