Author Topic: slave topic 2-3-06  (Read 3345 times)

Offline Thalia

• I Belong to Cyrano
slave topic 2-3-06
« on: February 03, 2006, 05:26:02 PM »
I noticed that the last slave topic was posted on 12-23; I hope I am not out of line in proposing another based off the following quote:

“…If the woman is destined, some night, on this or another, in your tent, on your rugs, by the light of your fire, to feel your chains locked on her body, she will. Flee though she might, that fate will be hers, and she, on the rugs spread over the sand, will be yours.”—Captive of Gor, 191

We are told throughout the books that a slave is helpless, powerless, rightless; that she may be bought and sold at any man's whim without concern for her feelings; that she may be forced to serve men whom she finds disgusting.  Yet here, John Norman speaks of fate which brings together a particular man and a particular slave who are destined for one another.

Slaves, what is your view of destiny and fate in relation to the collar on your neck?

Living in the land of sun, sand, and Thassa breezes, where the only rule is common sense.  What's not to love?

Offline Shadow duck

• WM Tuchuk Trainers
  • is she just a memory?
Re: slave topic 2-3-06
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2006, 06:31:33 PM »
hmm destiny an fate as to your collar is this what you ask sis..? well we choose to come an submit to this home so that would be taking our own destiny an fate into our own hands.. and we try hard to catch the eye of either a Master or Mistress to become theres.. sooo would that not also be our own fates doing.. my thoughts is that fate is what you make it same as what ever the winds blow your way is your destiny.. you just gotta know when to capture that wind an make the kite fly so to speak.. *grins*..

also.. if a Master or Mistress chooses to allow us collar in a home then they have played apart in the slaves destiny an fate.. so is all intermingled.. most would say that you are the creator of your own destiny and fate is just another way to say that.. i belive that destiny is what you make of the options before you.. and well fate hmmmmm gotta say that is another lonnnnnnnnngggg responce.. soo will leave that alone till another time..*smilein sweetly*
duckie rules

Offline familure{TD}

• woobie's mini-me
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2006, 11:59:37 PM »
“…If the woman is destined, some night, on this or another, in your tent, on your rugs, by the light of your fire, to feel your chains locked on her body, she will. Flee though she might, that fate will be hers, and she, on the rugs spread over the sand, will be yours.”—Captive of Gor, 191

well...can't speak about fate playing a part of lure winding up in a Master's collar...but have to say that it was fate in away that she ended up in her Mistress'. it feels, to me at least, as if She were just the right Owner for this girl. the events leading to the gifting of Her brat...almost seems a comedy of errors. a simple gesture when She was down...that brought an unexpected smile to Her face...that lead to the collar.but isn't that just like fate? always happening when you least expect it?

so...yes...in my oppinion..there are certain fates...that are just simply destine...~grins sleepily and wanders off to bed~...thanks for the thoughts to ponder and the feelings to explore dee~mon~s~

~edits because even with spell check...this blonde can't spell~lol~
« Last Edit: February 04, 2006, 12:03:13 AM by familure{AD} »

To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift. - Steve Prefontaine

Offline cat{MTC}

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2006, 11:40:03 AM »
fate and destiny..
i believe that in of all us there is a destiny..and fate..
be it  good or bad..only us can turn that in our favore or in hour nightmares..
as slave i choosed to be such.. was not forced to be slave.. but was teached to  find myself ..
was it a destiny that i met my ex Master?
i not sure of it.. but do beleive as chanz say we make our own life..
with good or bad things happens to us..
was desitny i came to this home?
i don't think it was..i just beleive was the right moment.. the right thing to do..
i choosed to come to a Home where i knew i would not be coddled ..
a home where i knew i would have to work hard ..
i don't beleive fate or desitny is the right things..i just believe we have many choices in life and we make them because are there.. not because are inscripted in the future ..or because is our fate..
 not sure if i make any sense..
 :-* :-* :-*

Offline prism {*RgR*1*}

• Da woobster
  • There are more than angels watching over me
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2006, 04:25:36 PM »
I believe, very much, in fate and destination. But, I also believe that much of it lies in our own hands.
I think the quote refers to that quintessential moment that happens rarely, in any lifetime, where a person is in the exact spot wherer they belong to reach that highest level of wholeness within.

Was it fate or destination that brought me to the collar I have worn for 7+ years? Perhaps... and perhaps it had something to do with the fact that I was one of the rare slaves that could simply relish the joyous heart of a grimy smelly, farting, belching, obnoxious, headstrong, bloodthirsty Gatekeeper and be around him.. LOL.

Maybe something as simple and eloquent as the beauty of "diamonds and pearls"....

I love the quote though.
*hugs*
woobie
~*~~*~
Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders & says...

'Oh shit....she's awake!!'

~*~~*~

Offline kadi{MTC}

• WM Tuchuk Trainers
  • Tuchuk's lil pouncer
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2006, 05:57:50 AM »
FATE was it fate that brought her into camp when she was going to leave Gor altogether, was it fate that she begged collar to this home, was it fate that in this Home she found her fire again, the will, the need, the want to be a slave she found all that again here in Tuchuk, was it fate that she caught the eye of her Master and that He collared her to Him, there is one answer to all these questions...................and that is YES it was fate, what happens is allready wrote down for us in that she believes
May love and laughter light your days..And warm your heart and home..May good and faithful friends be yours..Wherever you may roam..May peace and joy bless your world.. And may all life's passing seasons..Bring the best to you and yours..

Offline ariella {*Arlon*}

• in His collar, i found freedom
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2007, 06:14:00 PM »
bumps this up, as it is a good topic, and a lot of new sisters (and some new brothers) have come to the home since this was posted.

For me, i had an instant connection with my Master, one that He has told me is mutual as well. It was a chance meeting one night, and destiny or what have you revealed us to each other. He is the one true Master for me, i have found my fire in His steel, kneeling at His feet is where i am most alive.

What about the rest of you?
"He is Master and i am slave. He is owner and i am owned. He is to be pleased and i am to please. Why is this? Because He is Master and i am slave."

Page 184 - Explorers of Gor

Offline chiana {M}

• Property of Malefic
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2007, 01:44:35 PM »
fate      /feɪt/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[feyt] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation noun, verb, fat·ed, fat·ing.
–noun 1. something that unavoidably befalls a person; fortune; lot: It is always his fate to be left behind. 
2. the universal principle or ultimate agency by which the order of things is presumably prescribed; the decreed cause of events; time: Fate decreed that they would never meet again. 
3. that which is inevitably predetermined; destiny: Death is our ineluctable fate. 
4. a prophetic declaration of what must be: The oracle pronounced their fate. 
5. death, destruction, or ruin. 
6. the Fates, Classical Mythology. the three goddesses of destiny, known to the Greeks as the Moerae and to the Romans as the Parcae. 
–verb (used with object) 7. to predetermine, as by the decree of fate; destine (used in the passive): a person who was fated to be the savior of the country.  3

des·ti·ny      /ˈdɛstəni/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[des-tuh-nee] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–noun, plural -nies. 1. something that is to happen or has happened to a particular person or thing; lot or fortune. 
2. the predetermined, usually inevitable or irresistible, course of events.  
3. the power or agency that determines the course of events. 
4. (initial capital letter) this power personified or represented as a goddess. 
5. the Destinies, the Fates.

I have been many places on Gor.  I have been in the north under the iron collar of Torvaldsmen.  i have been on the sand dancing for the Savages.  i have been in more Tuchuk steel than i can remember.  i have worn silks, mud, burlap sacks, weird leather pants, and nothing but the sheen of sweat on my body.  But I never, NEVER felt destined to be where i am at until i returned to the Plains in a new woman's collar.  I never felt matched with an Owner as I do now.  I never felt the term FATE applied to my collar.  Yes, my Owners could do with me as they pleased - and trust me, they did - but I was always detached from it in a sense.  Yes, I have been hurt.  Yes, I have been joyous.  But even in those times, part of me was separate from my collar, the ownership, the owner / owned relationship.  And it is very simple why:  because I COULD.  Nobody noticed I kept part of me back for me.  They didn't see the small wall put up to keep the inner core away from the world.  I could do anything asked of me - no matter how base or abject - because I knew it didn't touch the ME inside the me.  Fate finally had enough of my shit and put me with someone who COULD and DID see that wall and demanded it come tearing down.

How, then, does all of this apply to fate / destiny?

No matter how much you fight, some things are simply going to happen inevitably.  You may not even realize they are happening when they are happening, but they will happen.  OOC, I am friends w/ Roxy, and we decided to take on this Gor thing on a whim.  Yes, on a whim.  I had no idea when we took that whim-chance it would lead to my slave sensibility feeling the way it does now.  Maybe it was me that decided to do this, and maybe it was fate.  Whatever it was, this was GOING to happen eventually - with or without my input.  I see that now.  Because the universe was telling me to get over some bullshit I was dealing with and just FACE what was going on internally w/ respect to my Gorean slave.  Quit hiding, deal, and be who you are.

I'm not the typical Gorean slave - I'm sure we can all agree to that - but I'm HERS.  And no matter what I am after that, it only matters that I am HERS for however long she deems fit.  That's how fate and destiny work.
chiana {M}

Offline Thalia

• I Belong to Cyrano
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2007, 08:44:52 PM »
Thank-you for that insight, chiana.  -smiling-  It is brainfood posts like these that make me proud to call you sister and prouder still to be one of the few whom you call the same. 

It's funny... I created the topic and never weighed in on it.  I think it's time I do so, when I'm running on more sleep.

Living in the land of sun, sand, and Thassa breezes, where the only rule is common sense.  What's not to love?