Author Topic: Messed up weather...  (Read 2849 times)

Mysta

Re: Messed up weather...
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2006, 03:43:34 AM »
*plots* a group of us are trying to re-open the Drunken Samurai championship.....I was the first female to ever win it...(full combat while drunk with only a fencing helm and a glove for ANY padding)
so...dammit, depending on WHEN it is....I have to defend My title, if they re-open it again....they closed it down last year for some nonsense, but i think i can put together a security proposal that will satisfy them.
Heh, i am still trying to get the tv footage from the year i won it....I almost dont wanna see it, you HAD to be verifiably drunk to enter...and sign away all rights....i tried to fake being drunker than i was....but, they caught me and made me drink more.
But I won!(shinai combat)

Well go wif ya to the fair!also depending on when it is....gods...*twitch*what part of october? If all goes ok still, i dont think ill be able to compete....unless its within 2 weeks after oct 29(or so)....thats all the time i need to get back on my feet. Doesnt sound like it though*really pouts*

Since it will likely be before that, Ill go dressed as a giant black pumpkin!
« Last Edit: May 15, 2006, 03:48:14 AM by ~Serenity~ »

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
  • NEVER YIELD - NEVER QUIT
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2006, 05:52:30 AM »
mmmm.... shinai.... *wickedly evil grin*

hate tying them though.

Offline Taryn

• Finding happiness in glitter and resin
    • Handcrafted Designs by Taithleach
« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2006, 12:28:34 PM »
~decides she needs to look for places selling shinai's because she really needs to get back into practice before she takes up the sword again, gets an evil evil look~

hey hon, I believe the weekend of the faire is Oct. 13, 14, and 15 and they are open til midnight for all nights... not sure have to check the site again... and as for drunken samurai... not going to happen, why they cancelled it the year before last, was that someone got a little obnoxious and ran someone through their lower leg near the ankle with a katana, that wasn't a pretty sight... ~shudders~

as for the tv coverage, let me know what year and I will get ahold of Brook and see if he can get his hands on it... ~grins~

Offline Kitya

• Surrounded by a multitude of shadows
    • Kitya's Soap Factory
« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2006, 01:49:33 PM »
Apparently the Renn Faire here in CIncy is pretty good... I havne't been able to go yet but my friends rave about it... *chuckles*

Mysta

« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2006, 08:41:42 PM »
*LOL* are You thinking of Shibari, Ubar?

or, if you know2 how to make shinai, Ill take as many as You have!
*has all kinds of gear and padding and stuff*

Im so proud...I just taught my daughter last eve how to throw knives,,,,,and, shes freaking gotten to be an expert overnight.

I teach....my children...not to be aggressive...but to overcome and meet aggression towards them, to enable them to protect themselves.
I pity the fool who tries to attack her....Ive stepped it up recently as there have been 4 attempted kidnappings in the last 2 weeks close to our area...one poor, brave girl faught back, only to be punched im the stomach hard......that boils my blood.....

Brooke*thinks* is he a tall cowboy????
and, he and i were plotting how to do a security proposal, will have to contact him again

it was not last year, but the year before...they should remember a (then very drunk cause they caught me playin at it)
reddishblonde haired, tall chickie in a pink long almost see through when the corset wasnt on*L*dress with a corset that i had to have several people help me out of*LOL* and then we had to go borrow a shinai......but just mention pink dress, the first time they had women in, and youll have the info they need!
« Last Edit: May 15, 2006, 08:46:55 PM by ~Serenity~ »

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
  • NEVER YIELD - NEVER QUIT
« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2006, 09:55:58 PM »
i do naught have the bamboo to make them... and as i stated... i hate tying then. LOL

is a great deal more fun using them than making them. *G*

they do however have a polymer type out there now that passes for shinai... and is supposed to be quite good. however... having never used this new type i can only speculate it is more likened to the bokken than a true shinai... but in either case it is more fun using them than making them.

but the care and upkeep on the shinai is a PITA!!! did i mention bamboo splinters suck??!!!

talk to Buddha regarding shibari. that is his field of interest. *W* LOL

Offline Taryn

• Finding happiness in glitter and resin
    • Handcrafted Designs by Taithleach
« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2006, 10:24:15 PM »
~get a really evil thought~ oh yes, I see me shopping in the very near future for shinai's, I have been hit hard enough by them and the welts rock... ~grins evilly~ hey it at least teaches you how to wield a sword and not kill anyone...

Mysta

« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2006, 11:10:30 PM »
poo on plastic shinai's!*L*

and i think the running cost, Taryn, is about 10-12 bucks for new ones, theres a martial atrts supply store here in town, i can stock up!
Ive got live steel here as well*L* some wonderful works of art, plus a keris sword...(they run between 4 and 44 waves on the blade, i beleive mines 7 or 8 wave)-from pentjak silat style....
Im seeking a krev maga instructor here in town, its a horrendously effective art...and my daughter is going to join me in silat silat knife fighting here in town, with the best instructor around...Frank Monsalve, who runs Hurrican martial arts....im gonna help turn her into a living weapon, and my best friend is going to 'girly girly; her at the same time...this should be interesting!
She wants to follow in the tracks that i did long before...i cant talk her out of it*L* but when i get*crosses fingers* the firm up and running, she can start with the office and learn it from the inside out.
*prepares to thwap on Taryn*

I won cause i mastered the art of the double strike...youll see it in the footage if were able to get it!
Go ahead and put it on here if you get it before i do*LOL* Im all for public humiliation! well, i won, but i looked super funny doing it