Author Topic: Update  (Read 5152 times)

Offline Taryn

• Finding happiness in glitter and resin
    • Handcrafted Designs by Taithleach
Re: Update
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2006, 05:59:47 PM »
check Target or Walmart for the bookcases... if you want I will post some ideas you might want to look into... ~grins~

Offline Kitya

• Surrounded by a multitude of shadows
    • Kitya's Soap Factory
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2006, 09:37:51 AM »
We thought about getting ones from there, or from Big Lots.. but we both remember how we were as kids, and how rough we were on furniture, and decided that we needed solid wood ones.. not particle board... *chuckles* And since we don't want to pay an arm and a leg for wood furniture, we're thinking antique places and such are our best options...

Any and ALL suggestions are always welcome! *lol* can either post here, IM me, or msn me.. doesn't matter. *grin*

Kiersten

Offline Kitya

• Kitya's Soap Factory
« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2006, 05:21:44 PM »
Ooooohhhtay. Let's see. Went to the doc on tuesday, who, other than my morning readings which are still higher than 94 no matter what, is very happy with my results. He said that in time I may have to adjust my eating more as the pregnancy progresses, but for now he isn't going to change anything, and I don't have to go onto Insulin at this time. YAAY!!  I saw my regular doc this morning for my 3 month blood work and cholestrol test, so I had to tell her bout my lil indulgence last night since it was at midnight. *chuckles*

Actually, I've seen my regular doc quite a bit lately.. and NOT for me... for a change. Roy hurt himself again. His finger has healed nicely and he only has 2 ofthe 4 stitches left, but, now the thumb on the same hand is bandaged up. he discovered a very important lesson... when checking to make sure the sandpaper roll is properly on the belt sander, make sure your thumb is not anywhere near the sandpaper when you push the button. He sanded thru half of his thumbnail all the way down to the nailbed. Basically, the top of his thumb looks like raw hamburger. He has it wrapped, is supposed to soak it several times a day, take antibiotics just to make sure the nail bed doesn't get infected, and basically, TO JUST BE MORE CAREFUL! *lol* I still think he's getting hurt just so he can look down her shirt while she's working on him. *chuckles*

This injury, which happened at about 4pm yesterday, did NOT stop him from going to Belterra for our weekly poker night however. *chuckles* We went, he didn't do so well in the tourny this week, but that's ok. We both broke even for the night, so, in my mind, that's a good night! We celebrated tho, because he won a hat! And the only way you can win a poker room hat is to get a straight flush using both of your hole cards. So... since Belterra's pavilion has a Ben & Jerry's store in it... we both got double scoop wafflecones. yummmmm.... got totry some new flavours... triple caramel crunch DEFINITELY has our approval and so does The Last Straw which has strawberrys and some mint in it somewhere along with chocolate.

At the moment, I'm beyond pooped tho. From my doc appt we went to some crazy meeting where they tried to sell us a bunch of stuff.. only went cuz we had a chance to win a truck, or 10,000 bucks. Was worth being talked at for 2 hours I guess.. only we didnt win. *laffs* THEN we got to go to Sears and get paint! Yep, we have the paint for the nursery now. I figure that's a nice SAFE job for Roy to do.. no injuries... *grin* We looked around for old dressers and I basically wore myself out to the point that I didn't go into Sam's Club to get the few groceries we needed. I stayed in the SUV and almost fell asleep, except that it started raining and i had to close the window. *laffs* Walking and I just aren't great friends anymore. I start getting pains in my side. So.. try not to do a bunch of that anymore.

My docs are all VERY happy with my Kiersten to baby growth tho. *LOL* I've still only gained in total, about 10lbs, which is phenominal. Otehr than the GD they say I seem to be in perfect health and that I look great. *grin* Kinda nice to hear.

Anyhoo.. gonna go find something resembling food... talk to y'all later!
Luvs ya!
Kiersten

PS: oh gods... he's taking pictures of his injuries now to send to his friends!!! Someone save me!!!! *LOL*

Offline Taryn

• Finding happiness in glitter and resin
    • Handcrafted Designs by Taithleach
« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2006, 06:30:08 PM »
please tell me you didn't get a paint sprayer, that he's doing this by brush? because you know anything mechanical doesn't sound like they like Roy for some reason... why I bring this up, is all thanks to hubby who just mentioned it... yeah, you can beat him up if you go to the gathering...

Other than that, good news all around, though of course now I am craving Ben and Jerry's, you know I HATE you now, right?

Mysta

« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2006, 03:59:30 PM »
oh my god...lol...taking pics of injuries and sending em?

that reminds me when my oldest's dad said.."i think i know what childbirth pain is like, i fell, and twisted my knee out of joint, and, it hurt alot"

I couldnt even say anything....i just looked at him, and suggested shoving a football in a area where things usually come out of....
Guys!*L*
One place to try, and ive made WONDERFUL buys and bargains off it, if its in your town, is*gets the adress*

Many peoplepost furniture, all kinds of things in the free section, just to have someone take em away, or, you can get steals from people wanting morerrom in a garage, or, theyve bought something different...
try it,....

Im not sure what city/state youre in, but theres a big selection of cities on the right...georgia just came up first*S*

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/

Offline Kitya

• Kitya's Soap Factory
« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2006, 10:35:30 AM »
*giggling* he sent the pic of his thumb to his dad with the subject line of "You know that belt sander you gave me for Christmas a couple years ago?" and then for the message was the picture and "My doctor thinks I should unplug it before changing the belt" *laffs* His dad, whom I totally LOVE wrote back "Well DUH!!!" *dies laffing*

ANyway, I will look at that website because we've tried doin the antique thing, and I've about given up. Anything that was even halfway decent to look at and priced in our range, needed way too much work to make useable. Besides.. I can't walk all over fleamarkets and antique malls anymore. My ankles swell up to 3 times their normal size for 3 days afterwards. *sigh* The downsides to pregnancy. I have ONE pair of shoes that still fit.. and that's a pair of slip on sandals!!

I have gotten the results for my 3 month bloodwork.. everything is great, even my sugars.. which apparently is a really good thing if you have GD.

It looks like I'll be getting to babysit for a friend of mine. She's started going back to work after having her baby in.. *thinking* I want to say feb.. but I could be wrong... and usually her husband's mom takes care of him, but mom inlaw is having some problems with her eyes and is actually needing steroid shots in them *shudders at that thought*, and it leaves her partly blind. She doesn't feel confidant taking care of a baby while she's like that. She's scared she's going to drop him, or walk into a wall wiht him or something. So, I'm backup babysitter for the days mom inlaw just can't do it. *grin* I'm actually kinda excited. She's going to let me know what days she needs me for, but since she only works 3 days a week right now, it won't be too often. It should be good practice for the cats, getting used to having a little one around. Fortunately I have a playpen already and the office has a door on it, so cats will get kicked out of office when baby needs nap. *grin* I've worked with infants in a daycare before, so I'm not too worried about taking care of him.

but the BIG exciting stuff is happening wednesday!! I'm soo looking forward to this! We're getting the 3D ultrasound done that afternoon!! *does a snoopy happy dance* I will post links of a couple of the pics, probably thursday, and I'll bring the cd of pics with me to the Gathering if I get to go. Now that my grandma is online (*goes into shock at that thought*), I'll be able to send copies to her, both moms, and my aunt who is really curious to see what it looks like since she's never seen them before. For people who are unfamiliar with this, it is a MUCH more detailed ultrasound.. not as detailed as an actual photo, but you can see facial details, individual fingers, it's amazing. I am including a link, this is not who we go to, we can do it thru our doctor, but it has some really excellent photos on it so you can see what I'm talking about.

http://www.wombswindow.com/

Luvs ya all!!
Kiersten

Mysta

« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2006, 01:09:58 AM »
*grins n hugs big*
beingpregnant is sooo wonderful...well, at least the first TWO times*L*
with lexie, my only relief, as i had a allergic reaction to her in the final months and couldnt sleep, or get any respite from itching*L* cant remember the name of it....
was to simply go hang in the pool....i couldnt go in the hotsprings, so i went in the mineral pool...it was....sheer...heaven, just to float...
it was the only relief and lack of feeling like a walrus that i ever got...lol

i took some pics yesterday....has a tummy one...if ya wanna share! its clothed...lol
as bold as i am, id never be able to wear any tummy baring styles of anything when preggo...
i just wish there were happier terms, with mine*hugs hugs* youre very lucky...and i cant wait to see morepics!

Offline Kitya

• Kitya's Soap Factory
« Reply #22 on: July 05, 2006, 07:32:06 PM »
*grumbles* Ok.. no pics... my lovely child decided to have a VERY deep sleep at the time of the ultrasound, with her face in the direction of my spine.  The technician was able to get a very clear photo of her bottom to prove that it is a girl... not REALLY sure I need pics of her genetalia tho. *LOL* Anyway, they are used to this happening, so I have an appt to try again next wed... which is why I had the first appt set for today, just in case I needed to go back. THis way, Roy's still home, and I'll have the pics for the Gathering, no matter what. I am under orders to bring some orange juice and a candy bar to sugar jolt her awake if neccessary. *chuckles* The technician was even poking her with the ultrasound thingy trying to get her to wake up. *lol* We could see her opening and closing her hand while she was sleeping... to be honest? I half expected her to give us the finger for interrupting her sleep! *chuckles* Soooo.. try again next week!

Kiersten

Offline Lady Snickers

« Reply #23 on: July 06, 2006, 07:05:18 AM »
if You are still looking for bookcases, and whatever.  a good place to look for some stuff is with freecycle.org  they are a good group and there is alot of different cities that has it.  and people post on there stuff they are looking for or have and don't want anymore.  and all that has to be done is either it picked up or seen if it can be dropped off at Your place.  I have gotten some goof stuff from people in My area from free cycle. and also My dad and step-mom had gotten some stuff for Me and also for them from the group down in toledo.

Offline Kitya

• Kitya's Soap Factory
« Reply #24 on: July 08, 2006, 09:59:13 AM »
*muttermuttermutter*

Well.. had my doc appt yesterday. Since my morning numbers have not gone down at all, (usually around 108 instead of 97) and will actually RAISE during the night, doc is putting me on insulin at night.  Oh joy oh happy day. It's like I told Roy... I don't mind needles... it's just the idea of giving MYSELF a needle that I get the willies about. I have not started the needles yet, as I'm to wait for the diabetes nurse lady to teach me how to use em and everything. I have a plastic container for disposal (one of Roy's old tobacco containers), which I will be bringing with me to the Gathering so that I can dispose of the sharps properly. Doc told me that as once it's full, to just tape it shut and bring it to either him, or the hospital, and they will dispose of it for me. Works for me!

He ALSO came down on my diet. He said that even tho right now my daytime and food numbers are ok, he wants me in the habit of a more severe diet than what the nutritionist gave me, simply because it's only going to get worse from here. NOT because I'm doing anything wrong, but because as the pregnancy goes along, the baby is going to produce more hormones that are counteracting my natural insulin. The worst part is, he's cutting me down to red meat only once or twice a week... *gasps* We are a red meat kinda family... *chuckles* Good thing we both like chicken, turkey and pork! Roy's going to invest in pork cutlets and roasts to grill before he leaves, and after that, I'll be digging out my ole George foreman wannabe grill (it's a GE and half the price *lol*) and using that. IN other words, my food life is becoming bland unless I can figure out some rubs for pork and chicken that actually taste good.  He has also banned from from ALL FAST FOOD *goes into withdrawls and dies*. No more McChickens... *cries* Now, here's my theory for the Gathering, I'm at someone else's house, I'mgoing to eat what is available. I will likely be bringing some snackages with me that I'm allowed to eat.. is soo in love with pita snacks! *lol* But I will likely also be packing some sand meat and my low carb fat free tortilla shells (which taste like cardboard) to make sandwiches out of, since, if i recall correctly, lunch meals are on us to find and supply.

ANYway.. on to better news, Doc is saying Roy's thumb is looking better, he's done with the icky spackle stuff on the ceiling, and patching any cracks, and today he's primering the whole room, and hopefully getting a coat of paint on part of it. He's done the 8 foot long storage bench and I have gotten 2 coats of outdoor paint on most of it, doing more today. All the Goodwill stuffs is out of my house and at Goodwill.  So the end is in sight for the job list. Last night we went to some friend's house (Roy and him were roomates at King's Point), and had a good time. Roy and his buddy are going to play poker monday night... guys night out. I am NOT getting together with his wife, because, even tho she is a very nice person, I can only handle her in small doses. Tomorrow, we are going to some other friend's place because my friend Sandy is joining the coast guard and leaves for NJ on monday for bootcamp, so tomorrow is a farewell celebration kind of thing. Both her folks were in the army, so they're very proud of her. For those who remember meeting him, or reading my rants about him, Sandy is Donnie's little sister. So it means I have to put up with his presence tomorrow, but I can handle that. His family still considers Roy and I to be part of their family. This is something Sandy has been wanting to do for several years, but put her dreams on hold until her sister Cindy was finished nursing school, so that someone was home to babysit Cindy's son Nick, and then her newborn baby as well. Now that Cindy has graduated, she and her husband are looking for their own place to live, and Sandy can finally go fulfill her dreams. I'm really happy for her, so when she called and told me about this farewell, even tho we have a ton of stuff on our plate, we both agreed that this was something we would make time for.

So yup, this is where I'm at right now... *chuckles* and if anyone knows any easy dry rubs for chicken or pork, please email them to me... I'm gonna need em.

Kiersten aka Kitya

Offline Thalia

• I Belong to Cyrano
« Reply #25 on: July 09, 2006, 12:55:50 PM »
So you're going to the Gathering! Whooohooooo, ahahahahahahahaha!  ~dances~  I get to rub the belly, I get to rub the belly!

Living in the land of sun, sand, and Thassa breezes, where the only rule is common sense.  What's not to love?

Offline Kitya

• Kitya's Soap Factory
I GOT PICS!!! and needles
« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2006, 12:13:40 PM »
YUP... she ..MOSTLY cooperated today... *chuckles* She decided to have her hand and her foot on her head the entire time. *rolls my eyes* She obviously takes after me in the "I hate having my picture taken" thing. I really really really debated about posting them today, or just waiting till AFTER the Gathering.. just to prolong the agony for everyone... *chuckles* But I won't do that.  I'll just make ya wait till the end of this post to put up the links. *grin*

As for the other half of my subject.. yes, I'm on my insulin now. I started monday night. I gotta tell ya, I sat on the couch for literally 10 min, with the needle 2 inches away from my skin, just staring at it, not sure I could actually do it.I finally closed my eyes and pushed it in. I'm still not comfortable doing it, but it is getting easier and it has brought my morning numbers down. I did treat myself to chocolate chip cookies monday night tho, because after all that, I deserved a reward. *chuckles*

Roy is upstairs doing the painting, he's hoping to get it all done today, or at least just have the trim left to do tomorrow. As soon as I'm done this, I'm off to walmart and Krogers to get the last of the things we still need to get, and I'm doing laundry all day as well. wuhoo.  Anyway, I'se all excited now... *grin* I've put links up of what I think are the 4 best shots out of 14. Hope y'all enjoy!!

Kiersten aka Kitya

http://userweb.suscom.net/~kitya/Personal/BABY_10.JPG

http://userweb.suscom.net/~kitya/Personal/BABY_12.JPG

http://userweb.suscom.net/~kitya/Personal/BIGyawn.JPG

http://userweb.suscom.net/~kitya/Personal/BABY_9.JPG

Offline Kitya

• Kitya's Soap Factory
« Reply #27 on: July 18, 2006, 06:31:43 AM »
I saw my doctor yesterday, and miraculously, he didn't yell at me for the sunburn I accumulated over the weekend, he just made sure I had been drinking lots of liquids after I got it since it's not the sunburn that is dangerous to a preggy woman, but the dehydration. I assured him that I drank a ton of water the whole weekend. He is also VERY happy with my b/s numbers!! In fact, I don't even have to write down what I eat anymore UNLESS they're high... which means I can fudge occasionally from my diet and he won't know.  ::) He didn't even care about my high number that I had over the weekend from eating the pancake.... mental note... banana nut pancake BAAAAADDDDD!! He just said that I was on vacation, and these things happen, and that the rest of my numbers from the weekend look good, and that it was obvious that I've been really making an effort to watch what I eat. I didn't have the heart to tell him that most of those number drops weren't from changing what I ate, but from lack of stress.

Hubby doesn't go back to the ship until probably thursday, possibly friday, depending on when the ship gets into Tampa... they had some pipe blow up and they had to get it repaired before they could go anywhere. He is not unhappy at all by this change of events because he gets to stay home a little longer and finish up the last few things he didn't get a chance to do... plus, it blew up BEFORE he got there. *LOL* I've been pounded awake waaay earlier than I'd like the last two mornings because our Roofers are here, putting a new roof on our house and garage. Yesterday they got the whole back of the house torn off and replaced, and the whole garage torn off and felt laid down. So today, it's the front of the house to be torn off, and replaced, and the shingles put on the garage. They say they can get it done today, and I believe them. They take breaks in rotation so no one gets overheated since we have a Heat Advisory going on here. Good thing we have lots of trees on our property to supply plenty of shade.

As for the sunburn, I'm on tylonol to reduce teh swelling, since that's what was hurting the most, and I'm at the point where my skin is really tender. I have water blisters on both arms and scattered down my legs as well, which don't make things any easier. I discovered tho, that water blisters don't like lotion. It really stings. I'm going to try Aveeno lotion next time I need lotion and see if the oatmeal blend will help sooth the raw skin any. It works for tattoos!!

Kiersten