Author Topic: Clan of Stock Tenders  (Read 4685 times)

kelsey

Clan of Stock Tenders
« on: October 19, 2006, 03:32:51 PM »
Didn;t see a thread, so I am starting one

HAMMER was tended last night by Ragnar and me after being injured in an encounter with a bull.....The gash was deep enough that the ribs could be seen....I used several layers of bosk gut to close the wound internally....green powder was used to help prevent infection.....the external wound was closed with silk

Offline Shylina Marie

Re: Clan of Stock Tenders
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2007, 07:18:38 AM »
when we started migration were about 3/4 of the way done with the first year heifers to calve out..... that completed itself over  migration and we only lost four calves and one mother to a turn uterus.....

(( side note I will moreso get into use of this board for my daily role plays as I have time.)

shylina
Never Meddle in the Affairs of a Dragon.  for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Offline Shylina Marie

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2007, 09:57:26 AM »
 Duty log,

Having walked the smaller herd..... noting the placement of bulls amongst the cows..... It is already showing some signs that breeding season will start within the coming weeks.. the lead bulls are already culling out the cows of their choice... there are many a clash and some are having to be seperated.  there are a few gors but no mortal wounds yet.... Berat's temper though is seeming to rise..... Hammer is determined to make his place in this herd..... Jorat seems to follow them intensely.... the herd will have to be watched and watched close.... the the older calves are going to be moved  to the weaning grasses as to ensure that we do not loose them in these battles......

Will report more later.

Shylina
Never Meddle in the Affairs of a Dragon.  for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Offline pleasure{MTC}

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2007, 12:48:34 AM »
pleasure and an NPC Stock Tender FW caught the four remaining hens and single cock of the vulo, they are in the freight wagon near their old smashed pen.
We have a weight to carry and a distance we must go.
We have a weight to carry, a destination we can't know.
We have a weight to carry and can put it down nowhere.
We ARE the the weight we carry from there to here to there.
-The Book of Counted Sorrows

Offline pleasure{MTC}

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2007, 01:45:40 AM »
pleasure healed an Outriders kailla who was gored in the side. log is saved and will be sent to whomever needs it.

Offline pleasure{MTC}

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2007, 05:23:32 AM »
Veterinary Medical Kits

Locations of Vet Med Kits:

Bosk Tenders wagon (porch)

Kailla Clan Wagon (porch)

Stock Tenders Wagon (porch)

Stock Tenders Area (near BERAT's Pens)

Contents of the Veterinary Medical Kit:

•Antiseptic solution - 3 bottles
•Saline solution - 3 large bottles
•Agrimony/Blue Grass healing salve - 1 green vial, applied to a stitched wound
•Honey-based Agrimony salve - 1 yellow vial, applied to shallow cuts that don't require stitching
•Blue Grass salve - 1 blue vial, used to numb wounds
•Green powder - sprinkled into deep-penetrating wounds such as arrow wounds
•Black Pepper - painful but effective, it can be used to stop bleeding
•Poison antidote - 1 small bottle
•Willow bark - this painkiller's bark can be chewed (added into a mash or a handful of grain or fresh meat)

•Pair of tweezers
•Pair of scissors
•Pre-threaded bone needles - curved and straight with dissolvable gut (3 each, S/M/L)
•Small metal snap clips for securing bandages - 12
•Folded clean rep cloths
•Rolled bandages - 5 rolls of rep cloth

pleasure

Offline pleasure{MTC}

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2007, 05:38:50 PM »
twenty two vulo chicks hatched out, our flock now numbers twenty seven.

Offline Lilac

« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2007, 05:09:57 PM »
excellent!

In the end we're all just chalk lines on the the concrete.  Drawn only to be washed away. For the time I've been given, I am what I am

kelsey

« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2007, 02:51:58 PM »
Sis,

Coveted pulled a muscle, front right leg, during the climb up the grade last night (damn dice roller).  The Katai thrall who looks after my and Kitria's stock is taking care of her, but would appreciate it if you would look at her (according to the terms of the roll, she is done being ridden for migration)

Offline familure{TD}

• woobie's mini-me
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2007, 02:59:39 PM »
not wishing to wake anyone after we got to the encampment out side of the walls of Turia, a message was passed on~

Boris (one of the younger Bosk on my Mistress' team), has an odd swelling along the tendons of his right forleg. it would be muchly appreciated if he could be looked at and tended to. oh~to help locate him, as he is milling about with the rest of the bosk in the make shift enclosure, there is a little red bow tied to the golden band in his nose.

To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift. - Steve Prefontaine

Offline Lilac

« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2007, 05:43:32 PM »
Sis,

Coveted pulled a muscle, front right leg, during the climb up the grade last night (damn dice roller).  The Katai thrall who looks after my and Kitria's stock is taking care of her, but would appreciate it if you would look at her (according to the terms of the roll, she is done being ridden for migration)

I have checked her out.. the slave did a good job.. there is still a bit of swelling but she is putting weight on it nothing feels out of place or broken she wouldnt be putting the weight on it if there were.  the swelling should go down in a couple more days.. she will heal completely but I would say only light duty for the next week.. even if the swelling is gone.   if you need to borrow a kaiila until she is unrestricted please let me know

In the end we're all just chalk lines on the the concrete.  Drawn only to be washed away. For the time I've been given, I am what I am

Offline Lilac

« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2007, 05:52:50 PM »
not wishing to wake anyone after we got to the encampment out side of the walls of Turia, a message was passed on~

Boris (one of the younger Bosk on my Mistress' team), has an odd swelling along the tendons of his right forleg. it would be muchly appreciated if he could be looked at and tended to. oh~to help locate him, as he is milling about with the rest of the bosk in the make shift enclosure, there is a little red bow tied to the golden band in his nose.

I checked Boris.. he will live..  I think it is much like what Coveted had.. most likely a brusie picked up along the way.. His leg feels good and he is putting weight on it.  the swelling has gone down from what it sounded as you described.  He should be fine, just let him lumber about, but becareful to not let him get in any disputes with any other bosk.. best not to take chances on the swelling popping back up again... I wouldnt have him doing any hard labor either for a week or so..

kelsey

« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2008, 03:45:55 PM »
I assisted Lil in treating Berat's gash on his right flank.  The wound was flushed and green powder was aplied.  Lil decided to leave it unstitched until she was sure it wasn;t infected.  It was bandaged, but she expected Berat would rub that off on a pen post.  Hopefully it was on long enough for the green powder to do some good.