Author Topic: Preparations for Summer Migration  (Read 4061 times)

Offline pleasure{MTC}

Re: Preparations for Summer Migration
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2007, 09:34:00 PM »
Ubar's Bosk have been examined and are ready. girl still needs training on the bosk whip.
We have a weight to carry and a distance we must go.
We have a weight to carry, a destination we can't know.
We have a weight to carry and can put it down nowhere.
We ARE the the weight we carry from there to here to there.
-The Book of Counted Sorrows

Offline Arlon

« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2007, 12:56:30 PM »
Think the Vintner's wagon is about as ready as it's gonna be, all packed up and greased up and new traces even. Honey mead is now available, and some wines remain in good supply. Will drop by the Med wagon later this evening and pick up an extra medical kit to keep in the Vintner's wagon for Migration.

...Arlon

Offline Faramir

« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2007, 11:26:51 AM »
The exceptionally heavy losses in kaiila suffered during last migration have not yet been fully replaced. At present there are enough trained mounts to give each Outrider working the herds and outer screen four mounts. The Outriders working close in to the wagons three mounts.  Newly trained mounts are being sent to the Outriders with the herds first. (Nomads, I beleave, mentioned a string of five per Outrider) All mounts fully trained and meet or exceed Ubar's and Krull's exacting standards.
It is suggested that each Orlu have at least one vet med kit available.

Offline Lilac

« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2007, 05:59:05 PM »
from the Prep's and Migration Alert log post per pleasure's post:
"Ill Bosk,
the bosk were examined and cared for today. the bosk have ear mites, a severe case, the ones that are worst off stumbling and falling have them in one ear. ((got information from Mistress Shylina)) the lethargy is from dehydration an lack of nutrition spurred on by the infection of mites effecting their balance. "

Please be aware that these ear mites CAN spread to other species (with the exception of human).. especially to sleen and gianni, but kaiila should also be checked.  watch for signs.. if a beast appears to be shaking their head alot or rubbing it against stuff, it is possible they could be infected. another more tell tale sign is debris in the ear.. dark brown or reddish brown.  Some times a black crust can form. 

ears found in this form should be cleaned out (CAREFULLY, as you do not want to force the mites deeper into the ear canal) until the healing type mixture is finished, it is recommended that uninfected beasts ears be coated lightly inside with oil.. even the outside (thou becareful.. oil on the outside can encourage sunburn as it would on your own skin). as while mites usually live IN the ear they can survive in the surrounding fur.

Ashoge..
Lilac.. 

In the end we're all just chalk lines on the the concrete.  Drawn only to be washed away. For the time I've been given, I am what I am

Offline Krul

« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2007, 08:20:11 AM »
Great job Faramir... I'll meet up with You soon

Krul

kelsey

« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2007, 03:23:48 PM »
I have a front wheel on my freight wagon that needs replacing.  Also, the leather band on the other front wheel needs replacing.

Offline kadi{MTC}

• WM Tuchuk Trainers
  • Tuchuk's lil pouncer
« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2007, 03:53:24 PM »
my Mistresses wagon is ready to go
May love and laughter light your days..And warm your heart and home..May good and faithful friends be yours..Wherever you may roam..May peace and joy bless your world.. And may all life's passing seasons..Bring the best to you and yours..

Offline Thalia

• I Belong to Cyrano
« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2007, 03:15:56 PM »
Master Michael of the Plains appeared at the watering hole this day.  He bid delilah to relay the following message:

|  | Michael of the Plains |  |  |
Guardsman MTC
says to ~ delilah ~ {Tegutai}***: water and jerky?...is all?....love....My wagon is filled to the brim with supplies.....it is for the Camp....

|  | Michael of the Plains |  |  |
Guardsman MTC
says to ~ delilah ~ {Tegutai}***: bandages....paga.....fruits....and..hmm....of course chocolate for the girls..

|  |  | Michael of the Plains |  |  |
Guardsman MTC
says to ~ delilah ~ {Tegutai}***: please let Him and the Camp know the supplies are for everyone...to be shared.....I don't require much....only have I can carry..

~ delilah ~
{Tegutai}
pagar slave~senior trainer
senior healing slave

at the watering hole, like an oasis in the dry plains
says to | | | Michael of the Pla

: I will certainly do so, Master... May I relay to him where the supplies were procured? The last time we did business with a caravan, they sold to us crates with rotten fruit at the bottom, barrels filled with rotten salt pork, and the like... I am certain you checked the goods beforehand, Master, but Master Ubar has stated that the origin of all supplies will now be accounted for.

|  |  | Michael of the Plains |  |  |
Guardsman MTC
says to ~ delilah ~ {Tegutai}***: ahhh....hmmm...well....dear....I "borrowed" them from this group of lazy Warriors....only a little blood shead.....and I've checked that all are good. Heck...every have done the taste test with most. And...lol...well...not exactly help to know if they are ok....but I'm still breathing..

Living in the land of sun, sand, and Thassa breezes, where the only rule is common sense.  What's not to love?

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
  • NEVER YIELD - NEVER QUIT
« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2007, 11:43:46 PM »
The wagons have returned to Tuchuk. Supplies have been offloaded and distributed to freight and supply wagons throughout the camp to minimise loses should any wagons be lost during migration.

Make all ready for we begin migration now!!!