Author Topic: Football thread  (Read 19390 times)

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
  • NEVER YIELD - NEVER QUIT
Re: Football thread
« Reply #120 on: February 03, 2008, 08:09:43 PM »

Kiss that perfect season goodbye.

Cheaters should never prosper.

Justice is served.

Offline Shylina Marie

« Reply #121 on: February 03, 2008, 08:17:13 PM »
YEAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY GIANTS
Never Meddle in the Affairs of a Dragon.  for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Offline Amber

• Turns Out - I'm Smarter than a House Plant
« Reply #122 on: February 03, 2008, 11:38:12 PM »
As I said... Pats suck.. Yay Giants!

rep

« Reply #123 on: February 04, 2008, 06:57:30 AM »
~mumbles~...it was a good..game.....~then brightening for a moment~...and at least Wes got a record...~before slumping and sulking again~

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
« Reply #124 on: February 04, 2008, 02:55:59 PM »
LOL

Offline Alex

• Wapike
« Reply #125 on: February 04, 2008, 06:06:23 PM »
Smiles  as I agree with Rags.. Justice was definately served, I  am so happy, even now when i think of it, and how The coward of a coach couldnt wait one second..... to leave the field.... hahahahha that will teach him to cheat..
bye bye!

Karanis

« Reply #126 on: February 04, 2008, 08:29:28 PM »
oh you boys just started a whirlwind of a tussle with me LOL

cheaters? really?

then every single damn one of the football damns are cheaters.......cause everyone does that video crap, everyone has their lil spies in the venue, they all, every single one of them do the exact same thing......

all those players get millions and millions of dollars for playing a game.....

when one WEEK's worth of salary would feed plenty of us for a YEAR.....

which is worse hrmmm?  oh they give to charity *rolls eyes*.....uh huh.....along with their wardrobe designers, and plaque polishers, and uniform washers, and cooks and maids, and specialty blah blah blah and their 3-4-5-6-7 different houses.....

and you guys are gonna pitch the cheating card? and spit on pats? mmmmkay...

something along the lines of the pats played a sucky game, and with the way they executed the plays in that game sucked......now THAT would have been
appropriate, and even BEING the Pats fan I am.......would have to agree with you.....

but dont pull out that lame snipey crap.......there are enough snide people degrading the joy, love and passion for football.......I"ll be DAMNED if my family is gonna do it.

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
« Reply #127 on: February 04, 2008, 10:21:48 PM »
Be silent Woman.

Justice was served through karma.

Deal with it.

Even if the Pats had won... they would have no respect, for they are under the shadow of arriving there by cheating and dirty underhanded methods. Everyone does it? Perhap.... but gee.... who was it that got caught, hmmm? LOL The Pats have been doing it for years. Its about time they were called on it. The sad part is... they will continue to do it until they are penalised hard enough to end it... and from the looks of things..... thanks to the commissioner.... the extent of their cheating has been covered up well. He too has lost a great deal of respect. He did not maintain the integrity of the game.... he covered his ass and the Pats.

So, yeah, the cheaters will contine to cheat..... more respect will be lost.... and people like you will continue to whine and defend the Pats.

Oh well....... I for one would rather lose every game and play it clean than win every game playing it dirty. OOOOOPS... did I say win every game playing it dirty? My mistake.... win every game except the big one that is.

Wanna tussel Woman? You got one.

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
« Reply #128 on: February 04, 2008, 10:23:20 PM »
Smiles  as I agree with Rags.. Justice was definately served, I  am so happy, even now when i think of it, and how The coward of a coach couldnt wait one second..... to leave the field.... hahahahha that will teach him to cheat..

Gotta love it when he gets a case of the ass huh.... *G*

Karanis

« Reply #129 on: February 06, 2008, 12:55:51 PM »
Be silent Woman.

*quirks an eyebrow, licks My lips as My jaw sets to stone, and thinks "be careful what You wish for"*.

and people like you

*reads further seeing this phrase, You knowing that this is one phrase that sets Me into anger mode instantly, face flushes red with anger*

*eyebrow quirks again at the answer as a half grin slides across My face and thinks, "well, nevermind the tussle and shrugs the whole mess off, knowing that there cant really be a tussle if I'm not here right?" and shrugs, thinking more "and to think I was starting to think of giving in to the rantings from You, and My other Sisters about not being here....and start coming in again even though I'm now the sports information director for a football program that runs from first grade thru eigth, along with the expansion we're starting this year to cover the small towns that dont have high school football and creating a team for them to play for, on top of still building the house.......snorts and shrugs with a shake of My head*

*thinks further, and ponders apologizing for getting snippy, then remembers the silence order*

*mutters under My breath* "easy enough".  *and thinks further, is He so eager or so pissed at Me for not being able to be around, that He's trying to push Kar away.....and just looks away from writing ......lets out a breath and decides if he's that pissy there is alot more going on  than being an asshole about an ooc post*

*nods with a glare and mutters again* easy enough.

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
« Reply #130 on: February 06, 2008, 06:24:59 PM »
Be silent Woman.

*quirks an eyebrow, licks My lips as My jaw sets to stone, and thinks "be careful what You wish for"*.

and people like you

*reads further seeing this phrase, You knowing that this is one phrase that sets Me into anger mode instantly, face flushes red with anger*

*eyebrow quirks again at the answer as a half grin slides across My face and thinks, "well, nevermind the tussle and shrugs the whole mess off, knowing that there cant really be a tussle if I'm not here right?" and shrugs, thinking more "and to think I was starting to think of giving in to the rantings from You, and My other Sisters about not being here....and start coming in again even though I'm now the sports information director for a football program that runs from first grade thru eigth, along with the expansion we're starting this year to cover the small towns that dont have high school football and creating a team for them to play for, on top of still building the house.......snorts and shrugs with a shake of My head*

*thinks further, and ponders apologizing for getting snippy, then remembers the silence order*

*mutters under My breath* "easy enough".  *and thinks further, is He so eager or so pissed at Me for not being able to be around, that He's trying to push Kar away.....and just looks away from writing ......lets out a breath and decides if he's that pissy there is alot more going on  than being an asshole about an ooc post*

*nods with a glare and mutters again* easy enough.

Oh well.... the football thread was fun while it lasted.

Thats it... its done.

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
« Reply #131 on: February 27, 2008, 09:25:56 AM »
By ALAN ROBINSON - AP Sports Writer

PITTSBURGH(AP) Myron Cope, the screechy-voiced announcer whose colorful catch phrases and twirling Terrible Towel became symbols of the Pittsburgh Steelers during an unrivaled 35 seasons in the broadcast booth, has died. He was 79.

Cope died Wednesday morning at a nursing home in Mount Lebanon, a Pittsburgh suburb, Joe Gordon, a former Steelers executive and a longtime friend of Cope's, told The Associated Press. Cope had been treated for respiratory problems and heart failure in recent months, Gordon said.

Cope's tenure from 1970-2004 as the color analyst on the Steelers' radio network is the longest in NFL history for a broadcaster with a single team and led to his induction into the National Radio Hall of Fame in 2005.

Even after retiring, Cope _ a sports talk show host for 23 years _ continued to appear in numerous radio, TV and print ads, emblematic of a local popularity that sometimes surpassed that of the stars he covered.

Beyond Pittsburgh's three rivers, Cope is best known for pioneering the Terrible Towel, the yellow cloth twirled by fans as a good luck charm at Steelers games since the mid-70s. The towel is arguably the best-known fan symbol of any major pro sports team, has raised millions of dollars for charity and is displayed at the Pro Football Hall of Fame.

"You were really part of it," Steelers owner Dan Rooney told Cope in 2005. "You were part of the team. The Terrible Towel many times got us over the goal line."

An announcer by accident, Cope spent the first half of his professional career as one of the nation's most widely read freelance sports writers, writing for Sports Illustrated and the Saturday Evening Post on subjects that included Muhammad Ali, Howard Cosell and Roberto Clemente. He was hired by the Steelers at age 40, several years after he began doing TV sports commentary on the whim of a station manager, mostly to help increase attention and attendance as the Steelers moved into Three Rivers Stadium.