Author Topic: Where I have been  (Read 17434 times)

Offline Raziel

• WEBMAZE Mod
  • "In time, all things will be revealed."
Re: Where I have been
« Reply #120 on: October 14, 2009, 06:24:19 PM »
Also, another alternative approach to neutering because your dog might get that urge and run away...

Zoombak

Raz

Offline Lilac

« Reply #121 on: October 14, 2009, 06:28:45 PM »
what happens if the collar/instrument is removed?

In the end we're all just chalk lines on the the concrete.  Drawn only to be washed away. For the time I've been given, I am what I am

Offline Taryn

• Finding happiness in glitter and resin
    • Handcrafted Designs by Taithleach
« Reply #122 on: October 14, 2009, 11:47:39 PM »
A thought that has always crossed my mind when I hear about male dogs escaping due to finding a piece of ass... why doesn't the owners of their female animals get them spayed, I found out when I had to neuter my Boo-Boo Kitty, no I didn't name him that it was the only name he came to, I kept being told I should have gotten a female cat or dog, because they are cheaper to get spayed... Never was able to get him neutered, he died shortly afterward from being poisoned by the manager, who seemed to be doing it to all the animals in the trailer park... ~growls~ His rule was, if it was an outside animal it had to be leashed, especially cats... ~RME and tries to count to calm down again and heads out~

Offline Hippie

• Make Love Not War
« Reply #123 on: October 15, 2009, 05:37:18 AM »
I had a microchip put in our dog by the vet. It only cost $25.00.
SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES - NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS.

Offline Raziel

• WEBMAZE Mod
« Reply #124 on: October 15, 2009, 06:41:54 AM »
what happens if the collar/instrument is removed?

Then you have the last known location and can go from there.

Personally, my dog is chipped.

Raz

Offline Shylina Marie

« Reply #125 on: October 15, 2009, 01:48:32 PM »
my animals are chipped....all 6 of them.... just in case... and all my animals except the youngest boys are neutered.... there are too many animals out there that dont' have homes and lets face it people are irresponsible enough to not take care of their pets when they are in breeding season which leads to more animals with no homes.  its about responsibility...I have one that only had one testicle drop and because the other is up in his groin area the vet elected to neutered because it could lead an other health concerns... to neuter or not to neuter is a choice... just as being responsible as an owner is a choice.

Shy aka Tina
Never Meddle in the Affairs of a Dragon.  for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

ndndancer

« Reply #126 on: October 16, 2009, 03:23:18 PM »
"Roaming" is natural for male dogs, especially those with all their equipment.  About 90% of the problems with roaming dogs can be taken care of with neutering, for the other !0%, figuring out why they roam is key.

Is he bored?  Does he have enough toys and stuff when you're gone to keep him occupied?  You might have to increase his physical activity each day.  Maybe a run in the morning and a run in the evening?

Is he afraid of something?  Some dogs get afraid of thunderstorms and will run and run until they feel safe.  That goes for anything that makes them afraid. 

Breeds play a part in this too.  Huskies or husky crosses are notorious for running away, wandering.  It's thought that since they're just one step from the wild, they're more prone.  If they're a hunting dog, they too will "run" but the cause is to "chase" something.  I had this stupid neighbor cat who'd come traipsing through my yard to taunt one of my dogs.  He finally got him and that was the end of that! 

Mostly though, increasing his exercise routine will in most cases take care of the roaming behaviour. 

My vet told me, "You gotta think like a dog."  I never could wrap my head around the whole ball licking fascination though *G*.

Good luck!

Offline Raziel

• WEBMAZE Mod
« Reply #127 on: October 16, 2009, 04:52:16 PM »
My vet told me, "You gotta think like a dog."  I never could wrap my head around the whole ball licking fascination though *G*.

Really?  Well I doubt the dog has pockets to keep a wallet in so he has some place to keep his money where he can go to the "corner" and find some hooker-dog to lick his balls for him.  Some probably dont have girlfriends to do it for him either. 

Then, he sure as hell cant scratch them because he cant bend his legs enough to give his fellas a "hiya" doing or the inconspicuous rearrangement nudge.

What else is he to use?  No bitch to help him out...no wrist and elbow to bend in the right direction with opposable thumb to do it for him...that leaves....

Licking.

:o

Raz

ndndancer

« Reply #128 on: October 17, 2009, 01:30:50 PM »

Really?  Well I doubt the dog has pockets to keep a wallet in so he has some place to keep his money where he can go to the "corner" and find some hooker-dog to lick his balls for him.  Some probably dont have girlfriends to do it for him either. 

Then, he sure as hell cant scratch them because he cant bend his legs enough to give his fellas a "hiya" doing or the inconspicuous rearrangement nudge.

What else is he to use?  No bitch to help him out...no wrist and elbow to bend in the right direction with opposable thumb to do it for him...that leaves....

Licking.

:o

Raz

Okay. *screws my fists into my eyes, trying to get rid of the wierd visuals*.... yikes!

Offline Daigon

« Reply #129 on: October 17, 2009, 02:42:31 PM »
*Thinks perhaps We need to start putting chips in the Tuchuk slaves? *Smirks*

Offline Medi

• A Red Savage 2016 Football Champion
« Reply #130 on: October 17, 2009, 03:37:24 PM »
...MASTER!...

speaking for myself...how else would i get in trouble if i was 'chipped'.

i would probably find a way...

blows kisses...

amanda
Izee' Greyeagle
Lancer's Woman
Daughter to Puma Greyeagle

Offline prism {*RgR*1*}

• Da woobster
  • There are more than angels watching over me
« Reply #131 on: October 18, 2009, 05:50:09 PM »
*doesn't have to be chipped*

leaves a trail of devastation where ever I have been.. LOL...

~*~~*~
Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders & says...

'Oh shit....she's awake!!'

~*~~*~

Offline Fishy!

« Reply #132 on: October 21, 2009, 06:32:41 PM »
Also, another alternative approach to neutering because your dog might get that urge and run away...

Zoombak

Raz

this sounds like a really good idea!! there are other things like it out on the market too.... one even has a commercial of this mother loosing her kid -just laughs- Gizmo is microchipped, but then again microchipping really only works if the dog gets taken to a vet or shelter where they can scan it lol... but this zoombak thing... well it sounds perfect for your little roamer... maybe you could find out where he keeps going and getting all stinky -lol-

Offline Alex

• Wapike
« Reply #133 on: October 26, 2009, 01:38:21 PM »
Well its done he has been fixed and on his way home now. My parents went to get him.  He made it through fine and is a ok. He got an excellant bill of health as the doc apparently was impressed with how well his coat looked *winks to Shylina*  later all have a good one and I'm off to home to feed my dog a steak
bye bye!

rep

« Reply #134 on: October 26, 2009, 03:15:03 PM »
she is glad it went well Master

kiah{MTC}