Author Topic: Clan of Healers: Duty Log  (Read 206505 times)

Offline Amber

• Turns Out - I'm Smarter than a House Plant
Re: Clan of Healers: Duty Log
« Reply #840 on: August 29, 2009, 12:03:03 AM »
After coming into contact with kanda paste while checking on a broken lock from the Torturers Clan Wagon, Daigon fell unconscious near the fires.  I administered antidote immediately which has slowed the effects of the poison, but not completely ridding Daigon of it.  Within a day he will experience dry mouth and tingling in his fingers and toes.  If we do not make an antidote a day after that, he is as good as dead.

He's on an i.v, and has been dosed with emetics and laxatives to induce vomiting and bowel movements to help his body rid itself of the poison.  Three vials of blood were also taken, so that once the kanda paste dries I can break it down, and use his blood to test possible antidotes. 

In the meantime, however, he is in need of staying as still as possible, unless expelling stomach and intestinal contents in positively disgusting ways.  So he should not leave the medwagon, nevermind his cot.

I will be working all night once the kanda paste has dried in an effort to find an antidote with the supplies available to us here in Tuchuk.

Offline Amber

« Reply #841 on: August 29, 2009, 08:34:58 PM »
Worked all through the night as promised, caught a two hour nap somewhere in there, during the day and then worked through most of that as well before finding the right combination of herbs to dose Daigon with an antidote.   Research notes were catalogued with the rest of the Healers scrolls on what exactly I did, but it boiled down to using fennel, dandelion and ginseng with an antiseptic solution base, injected into his i.v.

He is now not feeling very well, mostly because he's been throwing up and expelling out of the other end as well, so he's feeling weak.  Once he feels as though he can handle food and something other than water without exploding, he can have some and be taken off of the i.v. fluids.  He's confined to the medwagon until at least tomorrow night to get his strength back before he goes wandering off into Camp.

Offline Fishy!

« Reply #842 on: August 29, 2009, 10:03:59 PM »
tended to Terran tonight.

hes got several bruised ribs and several bruises that look like they are new injuries on top of old injuries.

his ribs were wrapped snugly and all of his minor cuts and scrapes were cleaned and treated with some honey salve, I did not see anything bad enought to need stiches.

hes going to take it easy and try and get some rest for the next few days.

Offline Amber

« Reply #843 on: August 29, 2009, 10:21:48 PM »
Gave Sarant her second serum injection, the first injection site was infection free.

Offline Raziel

• WEBMAZE Mod
  • "In time, all things will be revealed."
« Reply #844 on: August 30, 2009, 10:25:04 PM »
Shoko has administered slave wine to lure this night.  I am posting for her because she was tired and needed sleep.

Sarant recieved her third shot by me this night as well.

Raz

Offline Amber

« Reply #845 on: August 31, 2009, 12:31:08 PM »
Released Daigon from the medwagon to his own devices last night.

Offline Raziel

• WEBMAZE Mod
  • "In time, all things will be revealed."
« Reply #846 on: August 31, 2009, 10:10:18 PM »
Sarant has recieved shot number 4.  Blood work to be done on the morrow to ensure it took.

Raz

Offline Fishy!

« Reply #847 on: September 01, 2009, 10:32:04 PM »
Took Blood from Sarant, Amber followed up with the results.

Offline Amber

« Reply #848 on: September 02, 2009, 12:38:56 AM »
Re-gave the first Serum Shot to Wapike - He is well aware of his restrictions.

Checked Sarants blood to see if the Serum took - It did, she's good to go.

Checked Terrans ribs - He is still incredibly bruised, swollen and tender.  He hasn't been taken it easy as directed by Shoko.  He was given moss paste to help with the bruising, and told another two days taking it easy, or Boris will restrain him in the medwagon to really take it easy.

Faramir got bitten by a kaiila on his left forearm.  Well.. more like deeply grazed by a kaiilas teeth.  It had been a bit and the six deep gashes had become infected.  I cleaned out the gashes, and scraped infected flesh from the inside of them with a scalpel.  The top three gashes were deeper than the others, and after sprinkling green powder in them, I sewed up an inner layer with bosk gut thread, and then bandaged his arm, leaving everything else unstitched as I don't want to stitch in infection.  He was given white sage tea, and is also on i.v. antibiotics.  He is to remain in the medwagon until tomorrow night when a Healer can look him over, and if the infection has dulled somewhat, can get the rest of the gashes stitched up, the i.v. removed and released under normal restrictions.

Offline Amber

« Reply #849 on: September 02, 2009, 10:10:26 PM »
Wapike received his second serum shot.

Saw to Faramirs arm.  The infection has for the most part gone away, so I stitched up the six gashes on his left forearm, rebandaged them, and took the i.v. out.  He's allowed non-physical clan duties.  He should be checking in tomorrow to have his stitches checked, and then to have them removed the following night (Friday night)

Offline Amber

« Reply #850 on: September 03, 2009, 02:35:21 PM »
Took blood work from Kassia this afternoon, she will need the serum shots.

Saw to Faramirs arm.  Cleaned the stitches, resalved them with agrimony and then rebandaged.  He was reminded (after I caught him throwing spears at a kaiila) that he is NOT to do anything physically clan related or next time he gets hurt he will be restrained by Boris to a cot if he cannot be trusted to follow Healers orders.  The stitches should be able to come out tomorrow provided he doesn't pop a few of them between now and then.

Offline Alex

• Wapike
« Reply #851 on: September 03, 2009, 04:02:56 PM »

Saw to Faramirs arm.  Cleaned the stitches, resalved them with agrimony and then rebandaged.  He was reminded (after I caught him throwing spears at a kaiila) that he is NOT to do anything physically clan related or next time he gets hurt he will be restrained by Boris to a cot if he cannot be trusted to follow Healers orders.  The stitches should be able to come out tomorrow provided he doesn't pop a few of them between now and then.

Would you like me to revoke his clan Status until such time you think he is cleared? *winks with a smile and slowly walks back to the wagon*
bye bye!

Offline Amber

« Reply #852 on: September 03, 2009, 08:34:29 PM »
Gave Kassia her first Serum Shot.

Gave Wapike his third Serum Shot.

Made an appointment with Shoko to give her an exam sometime soon.

Offline Amber

« Reply #853 on: September 04, 2009, 09:01:53 PM »
Kassia received her second serum shot tonight.

Shoko had a pregnancy check up.  Squirt is turned the wrong way, but there is plenty of time for her to turn back around, everything else is normal.

Took Faramir's stitches out, salved with a bit of healing salve and rebandaged to keep dirt out of the salve.  He's returned to the duty, and can remove the bandages tomorrow without Healers assistance.

Offline Fishy!

« Reply #854 on: September 04, 2009, 11:00:39 PM »
Gave Wapike his fourth and final serum shot.

he is to return to the med wagon to have blood drawn tomorrow and given good results can be back to duty the day after.