Author Topic: Migration Log  (Read 7781 times)

Offline Taryn

• Finding happiness in glitter and resin
    • Handcrafted Designs by Taithleach
Re: Migration Log
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2011, 07:40:21 PM »
Various personal supplies
Approximate coin spent: 10 silver

Offline Mercilayne

• MTC - Vintner Clan Elder
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2011, 08:34:22 PM »
250 2 tula casks of tharlarion oil

2 DW gold and 1 gold

---------

50 cases of palm wine (20 bottles per case)

1 silver and 75 coppers

Offline Mercilayne

• MTC - Vintner Clan Elder
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2011, 08:25:15 PM »
Informational Report type thing....

Ugh.  Unpredictable weather.  The past two days have been intersting.  What started out as a little snow turned rahter quickly into snow mixed with rain and occassinally freezing rain.  The ground is saturated with the water and it is turning into slushy muddy mess.  The wagons will not roll on this kind of ground, so it seems that we are here in Turia still until the weather breaks one way or the other.  So far the bosks and other animals are not having a hard time finding good grazing, hopefully this will continue til we can move on in our Migration.  With winter weather, it's untelling how long this will last, hopefully not too very much longer.  But you never know. 

Offline Shadow duck

• WM Tuchuk Trainers
  • is she just a memory?
« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2011, 09:46:55 PM »
Purchased one thrall half a copper
Presented to Ubar then taken to Healers to be fixed then to be branded with a brand designed by the slaves
duckie rules

Offline razz|n.o.i.r

• TCP
« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2011, 12:44:44 PM »
Migration Report.

Tuchuk has finally moved out and headed towards the Wilds. The weather has become colder, but the ground has solidified enough for us to finally move on from Turia itself. The initial movements were watched closely. Though the continuation of Migration has been for the most part uneventful. Nothing more to report than a few slips, bumps, bruises. Very few frostbite related incidences. The hunters clan wagon is now full with those staying within it to simply help conserve for the duration of this portion of our Migration. I myself even have slept, along with others. The bosk have been tended to, and they had grazed well before moving out.

Everyone should be mindful of everything. Tending to their bosk, Kaiila, Wagons, Axels, and themselves.

Trist HC
S I l v e r . & . C o l d
Sarant'satsral Onyxbane

IN | T:CP
- P o r t a l . o f . D r e a m s -
-In Mourning-

Offline razz|n.o.i.r

• TCP
« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2011, 10:10:15 PM »
Migration Report;

Everyone has been preparing for the colder weather approaching us all. The wagons, bosk, and wheels/axe's were tended to before moving out. It seems most of camp is in tune with what needs to be done. We moved out without much of an incident. A couple of foolish thralls have been devoured by kaiila. Outside of that there are no deaths to confirm. Migration seems to be progressing rather quietly. Though with this everyone is alert and ready for almost anything.

end report.
Trist.
S I l v e r . & . C o l d
Sarant'satsral Onyxbane

IN | T:CP
- P o r t a l . o f . D r e a m s -
-In Mourning-

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
  • NEVER YIELD - NEVER QUIT
« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2011, 06:42:05 PM »
Entry 10

RAGNAR

We have been pushing hard to reach warmer climates. Aside from short stops to rest and tend stock, Tuchuk has kept moving until last night when whiteout conditions forced a halt.

Hot food was available for those in need as well as warm wagons.

The stock was tended and the wagons inspected prior to moving out just before dawn. The cold and inclimate weather is sapping the strength from man and beast alike. Watches have been cut from two a day to four a day. I have taken pause to make this entry, change into dry clothes, and grab a piece of meat and some water... the first food break since Turia. I have ventured on ahead to get our bearings and get an idea of what lays before us.

Maintain all general orders implimenting the slight changes stated.

End report.

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2011, 11:23:22 AM »
Entry 11

Cassius

I hate reports more than saddle sores. I would rather have my teeth drilled than write reports. I hate reports more than a case of the shits. Did I mention I hate reports?

Weather... cold. Damn cold mighty cold colder than a females heart. So cold my nuts tried to hide up my asshole for warmth. I hate cold.

Snow... lots of snow. Deep snow, cold snow, white snow yellow snow damn deep cold snow I hate snow!

We crossed a river last night. It was frozen until we broke through into ice cold water. I hate ice cold water. Numbing water cold water freeze your balls off water asshole puckering cold. I hate cold water crossings. I hate ice. I hate frozen balls and puckering assholes.

We stopped on the northern side of the river to build fires and thaw ourselves. The stock were checked and tended as well as the wagons. Ice had to be removed from wheels and axles. Clothing had to be changed and dried out. Close attention had to be payed to feet and toes soaked during the crossing.

Three large bulls were brought in from the herd to be slaughtered and used to feed those in need. All grazing stock had to be fed from our grass stores. It is noted in the log that our stores have reached an alert status, as well as stocked dung supplies. Neither have reached critical stages, but Tuchuk should conserve as much as possible until we reach warmer climates.

The kaiila were turned out to hunt and feed as soon as they were dried and their paws checked for ice buildup. All are accounted for except for three when the wagons moved out midday. Many were fed on verr that were expendable to reduce stores of grass consumption as well as for kaiila food in general. The entrails from all slaughtered stock went to the sleen. A thrall was found beneath the snow and was gathered after the passing of the wagons and also fed to the sleen.

To add to the bosk slaughtered for camp use were three large tarsk culled from Ubar's own by prism, slaughtered by tharn, and butchered by lure. Between the bulls and tarsk, stewing them all will go a long way to feeding those in need, especially the Warriors without Women or slaves to feed them.

Tuchuk is once again on the move and will keep moving without long stops provided all goes well until the weather begins to improve.

Ubar has not yet returned, but is leaving markers for the wagons to follow. The last marker noted a course change northeast by east to compensate for a missing marker somewhere along the way. It was no doubt missed due to the weather conditions.

With so much stew being served, do not trust your farts. FARTS ARE NOT WET AND LUMPY!

Continue with all general orders.

End report.

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2011, 06:19:54 PM »
Entry 12

Soong

The wagons halted long enough to process twenty bosk and three large tarsk from Ubar's stock of tarsk. The Riders need meat, not just stew. The stock rested and were fed. Bosk had stored grasses and grain and the other grazers had stored grasses. The kaiila had eaten and are good to go, minus the three still missing.

Tuchuk moved on and have been able to cover many pasang even with the cold and winds... as the snow is no longer deep. Now the enemy is cold. However, within a day or so we should see a noticeable difference in warming temperatures.

The wagons seem to be holding up well and the additional time in Turia allowing extra tending may pay off greatly in our favor.

Currently, only the bosk and kaiila are the only stock still on the ground not counting guard sleen when in use. The other critters have been loaded into empty freighters (empty grass storage and dung freighters) due to the serious cold.

Healers reports still pending when time allows.

Maintain all general orders and use caution around the Warriors. Their endurance is being tested and their tempers and survival instincts are showing.

Ubar has still not returned, but his markers are still being seen.

End report

Offline Taryn

• Finding happiness in glitter and resin
    • Handcrafted Designs by Taithleach
« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2011, 07:11:11 PM »
**Small Report**

Taryn Iona
Senior Healer

Anyone who has no one to care for them, but this is mostly for the men who have been riding and guarding our wagon columns since we have left Turia. There are 3 freight wagons set up to cook bosk steaks, as well as tarsk will be cooked and served as well. We also have hot chocolate, hot herbal tea, warm milk, black wine (in limited quantities) as well as water, with all this snow that is the one thing we will not run out of anytime soon. There is also my own wagon set up to take in any Warrior who wishes to rest himself inside for a few ehn or ahn, there is always a fire burning to keep the wagon warm at all times, and warm blankets to curl up under if you so wish to take a few winks of sleep. There are also other wagons set up down the wagon column that are set up the same way, to care for those Warriors without Women or slaves to care for them, check with a healer and they will either direct you to the wagons, or they will take you, as the wagons are run by other Healers who have the extra space to take in any who need to get warm.

Also keep check on fingers and toes while we are stopped, if anyone notices that the skin has turned white and you have little to no feeling in fingers or toes, get yourself to a healer who can help get warmth back into your extremities. Frostbite is extremely dangerous and if left untreated you may lose fingers or toes, or worse hands and feet. This is why it is imperative that you keep all parts of your body that will be exposed to the cold covered, including your face, as your ears are also one place that no one thinks anything will happen to them. Use your gloves, wind scarves and wear layers of clothing as well as a coat and/or cloak. Hopefully soon we will be out of this extreme cold and into warmer weather, but until then, if you aren't sure if you might have the start of frostbite, come to the medical wagon and be examined, that is what we are here for.

**End Report**

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2011, 11:50:58 AM »
Entry 13

Soong

The wagons have stopped at the foot of a long icy slope. The teams had to rest before starting this portion of the trek. They have been well tended, and the wagons have been checked over for any issues that may endanger others... or so it has been relayed to me. When we break camp we will begin the climb which I expect will prove difficult at best... but I know it will be easy compared to the downward slope a few pasang ahead.

When the wind eases the temperature does feel a bit warmer, but when blowing it is still extremely cold. The positive aspect is that snow is no longer slowing the wagons. For the most part the deep snow is now behind us.

Another twenty large bosk bulls have been issued for meat. This should last for a day or so if properly rationed given the massive size of the Mother of Tuchuk.

The stored grasses and dung are still within acceptable levels barring any hardship or disaster. The smaller dung carts have travelled through the column distributing rations to those in need. Empty dung wagons have been used to dry and store fresh dung from this pause in travel should a smaller emergency supply be needed.

I have heard the journey has been hard on the camp sleen, but have not yet been able to meet with NightStorm to get an official report to determine if this is fact, normal, or just the usual rumor. All the innards from the twenty processed bosk have been set aside for the sleen. Also, two old kaiila that succumbed to age have been moved to the outside of the sleen wagons.

Rest, eat, and get as warm as possible. When next we move the short downtime will be appreciated.

End Report

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2011, 07:16:29 PM »
Entry 14

Cassius

I have looked over the teams and they are in no condition to take the icy climb. I will explain to Ubar and take full responsibility for my decision. Another night of rest and feed should leave them fit enough to move on. I cannot in good conscience force the Mother of Tuchuk to levels above their endurance that could cause permanent damage or injury needlessly.

There is still fresh meat available for those in need. I have also cut the Warriors on duty watch to half their strength for the night so they may get some much needed rest. They can be awakened should the need arise. Since there has been no armed threat as yet, Many old retired Warriors have volunteered to stand the watch and lend their eyes for security.

Large cauldrons have been set up and snow has been used to provide hot water for Tuchuk to clean up with. This is not an order to fully bathe, but a suggestion to use only what is needed to freshen up and feel cleaner. While doing so, pay close attention to fingers, toes, ears, and noses. See a Healer if unusual color is present, loss of sensation, or pain becomes apparent. Warriors... at least check for saddle sores. It is likely too much to expect you to wash your asses until we reach warmer weather, but do at least check.

I hate reports.

End Report

Offline C h e l s i a

• In the end only kindness matters
    • MTC
« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2011, 08:33:25 PM »
 -waves a hand- i will check the Men for saddle sores if they need help -s- uhm...but i am scared to check Master Ubar for saddle sores...i've heard rumors of His farts  :o.....-sweet lil smile- i'll leave that to woobie LOL
everyone sees who i appear to be but only a few know the real me you only see what i choose to show theres so much behind this smile you just dont know

Offline C h e l s i a

• In the end only kindness matters
    • MTC
« Reply #28 on: March 25, 2011, 03:16:56 AM »

the verr wagon was cleaned and fresh bedding put down for them
everyone sees who i appear to be but only a few know the real me you only see what i choose to show theres so much behind this smile you just dont know

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
« Reply #29 on: March 25, 2011, 08:33:44 PM »
Entry 15

RAGNAR

I returned to the wagons before dawn to see all were in place at the base of the incline. Normally I would have been annoyed at the delay, but endless sky takes care of us. It was a sunny day and with the sun brought slightly warmer temperatures. The winds were more normal and some patches of earth became visible. We move tomorrow. Another night's rest will not be amiss. The ground should remain hard even if some of the ice is melting away.

I know what still lies before us... and rest will be needed.

Maintain all general orders. I intend to sleep and get something to eat before we set out on the morrow.

End Report.