Author Topic: MIGRATION LOG WINTER 2014  (Read 8971 times)

Offline Amber

• Turns Out - I'm Smarter than a House Plant
Re: MIGRATION LOG WINTER 2014
« Reply #30 on: December 13, 2014, 03:14:08 PM »
Migration Report

After starting close to dawn the wagons made good time.

We encountered the rough ground, and sixty Warriors were sedated in the medwagon with the remaining thirty riding kaiila during this time.

Tuchuk passed through the battlefield of the War.  Those who had not participated in the War surely saw the it in a whole new light when they passed the bleached out bones of those who had died to prevent Turia from overtaking the column.

A lance with the Tuchuk banner was placed, so that though their bodies may disappear, they will never be forgotten.

After the broken ground the Column stopped at the springs.  Here we will wait for the Ubar and the 1st to return to us.

Water barrels should be emptied, scrubbed out and refilled with water from the springs.

All stock should be watered.  The bosk will be tended so they may look like the Mother of our People again.

This is an opportunity for us to regroup and regain our strength while we wait.  Take it.

Amber
First Surgeon of Tuchuk

Offline Amber

« Reply #31 on: December 14, 2014, 01:04:29 PM »
The wagons continue to remain stopped at the springs while we await the return of the Ubar and the 1st.

Not much happened as most are taking the time to relax, catch up on their work, sleep or otherwise enjoy what may be the last day of calm before we finish the last leg of our journey.

On a Healers note:  The medwagon is now empty except for the four cots with the remainder of Yuudai's Unit.  All other Warriors have either been discharged full with removal of sutures, or returned back to duty with sutures remaining in place until they can be taken out.  The cots were scrubbed down, furs taken outside to be aired out, the apprentices rolled quite a few bandages and Taryn was tasked with making up more valerian i.v. solutions and syringes.

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
  • NEVER YIELD - NEVER QUIT
« Reply #32 on: December 15, 2014, 05:34:32 PM »
My 1st Oralu returned having accomplished what we intended to do, and then some. We did take casualties, but caused a great deal more grief for Kataii. We hit their encampment outside the walls of Turia as they were moving their med wagons and freighters in order to make loading them with supplies easier. It also made it much easier for us to take them.

We hit the encampment gate and in order to prevent the people of Turia from being hit my arrows, the Turians closed the gate. The vast majority of Kataii were inside the walls when this happened. They had to use another gate to exit Turia and then make their way around the wall to reach the encampment. I was a lesson in futility by this time.

Their Main Standard was taken...
a secondary standard taken...
eight heavy freighters in various degree of loading...
two med freighters...
two heavy med wagons...
eight living wagons...
the teams to go with them...
over two thousand herd bosk...
over three hundred captives now slaves...
included among the slaves, the Ubar and Ubara!!!!!!

The downside is over two hundred of The 1st are inside the med wagons, pieced and clamped
together in need of medical attention badly.

Just under 100 fell in action, and thus far 22 making the return to the column. BUT... The 1st accomplished what it set out to do.

The total number of dead yet remains to be seen. This will undoubtedly be found in the Healer's Reports in the days to come.

We left no fallen behind. All came home.

Half the bosk to the herd, the other half to be immediately butchered and spread throughout our
people.

Living wagons to the rear of the column...
Med wagons and freighters move into the column with our established medical area.

Set the Kataii Standard behind us and bring the secondary Standard into the first wagon as a trophy of The 1st.

The once Ubar and Ubara to my wagon, put the rest to work immediately.

The 1st is granted a three day break from duties with a VERY WELL DONE!

We will remain in the area of the springs until the wounded and weary are again fit to travel. Do note, the 1st can travel while taking their three days off. I intend to make sure all are able to travel when we do pull out.

Eat, or rather feast well on the bosk. I hear Kataii bosk are delicious this time of year.

Continue with chores and tending to our stock and wagons. When the word comes to move, I want no excuses why everyone is not ready to go.

All Women and slaves will offer all the assistance they can with tending to the wounded. Even if you have no healing skills, anything you can do will take some of the pressure off the Healers.

The 1st, as a general rule now, have no family members. Though they do rather well on their own, it would be appreciated if you can cook a bit extra and offer them a hot meal. It will go a long way just seeming as though they have family if even for a short time. Morale is high and I wish to keep it that way.

All this aside, eat well and rest when possible. We still have many trials ahead of us before we can claim our wintering lands.

END

Ragnar

Offline Sidona

• WM Tuchuk Council
  • First Slaver ~ MTC
« Reply #33 on: December 16, 2014, 11:30:07 AM »
Because its migration related.....

I opened the seamstress wagon and resupplied the men who returned from the raid. The need for clothing was dire. I also went with the apprentices to the med wagons, and left those wounded with new clothes so that when they are well enough to leave, they would not do so in rags. It's all been marked down in my book.

Oh and I got to help sew up minor wounds the day the 1st returned. Did too many to count.
~*~~*~

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
« Reply #34 on: December 16, 2014, 01:21:57 PM »
Continue all general orders and be ready to move when the word is given.

We are still encamped by the springs awaiting word on the abilities of the wounded and exhausted to move out with minimal additional risk.

Fresh meat has been distributed throughout the camp so none should be hungry. Kataii bosk really do taste good this time of year.

Continue to rotate and relieve the Warriors on watch so everyone gets an opportunity to get some rest and eat well before we move again.

When we do move on, it is unknown when or if we will stop again for more than a break to rest and tend the stock.

Word has it the River had been impassable due to heavy rains along the mountain range. Merchants were forced to wait until the water lowered but are now crossing. There is no way yet of knowing what it will be like when the column reaches it. I strongly recommend being prepared for the worst situation imaginable. If it proves less, then we will be fine. If bad, we are prepared.

There is still a mountain of grins and herbs in crates waiting to be divided between the various Clan associated with such cargo. The Ubara purchased this from a Merchant enroute to Turia. I would not recommend leaving it out in the open. Get it into freighters where it needs to go. If rain comes the cargo will suffer a great deal of damage due to molding as there is no way to properly dry it during our march.

I am NOT going to explain to the Ubara why this happened. I would NOT wish to be the Clans she does come to requesting the reasons why it was not taken care of.

END

Ragnar

Offline Amber

« Reply #35 on: December 16, 2014, 02:54:47 PM »
Seventy Warriors with non-life threatening injuries were treated in the second medwagon brought back to Camp by the 1st.  These Warriors are more than capable of travelling with little to no pain.

One hundred and eighteen Warriors survived the first and second night in the first medwagon. These Warriors can be transferred to hammocks to limit their pain while travelling, while not avoiding it in its entirety, this is better than nothing.

The total number of deaths was 133.  This includes those that fell during the raid, those who fell on the way back to the Column and those who passed on in the medwagon.

Due to the amount and severity of the injuries.. Outer medwagon staff is to the bare bones with most of them picking up where the main camp Healers leave off, barring any disasters that require them to return to their duty stations.

The main medwagon and one of the freighters will be moved towards the rear of the column when we begin moving to replace the two wagons that the Kataii burned in their last attempt to take Tuchuk (I just need to clean out my office of the medwagon before this can happen).  I still need to figure out what to do with the second medwagon taken from Kataii, and for now that will remain in the Column with the other medical wagons of the main camp.

Amber
First Surgeon of Tuchuk

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
« Reply #36 on: December 17, 2014, 10:12:26 AM »
MAKE READY TO MOVE.

We move just after first light.

END

Ragnar

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
« Reply #37 on: December 18, 2014, 11:42:35 AM »
Just prior to moving, I was, and am happy to add a Son to my House. Raziel took my Dottir Amber as his Woman.

The wagons pulled out and made good time over flat open ground. The general spirit was somewhat melancholy as the column passed yet another battlefield from the war with Turia. Old wounds do not heal as quickly as hoped.

The column continues periodically stopping to rest the teams and check over the wagons, before starting out again, and will continue this through thenight and will hopefully stop prior to sunrise in order to tend the chores, stock, and wagons, as well as get morning meal before moving on.

END

Ragnar

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
« Reply #38 on: December 19, 2014, 04:38:53 PM »
Tuchuk continued its march towards its wintering lands at a steady pace and continues to gain good ground with only a minor course change.

The temperatures are steadilly warming and we are now to the point I can say we are close. Continue a few more days and it will be over until we head back to our summering lands.

Continue to maintain all general orders and do not slacken in regards to the teams and wagons. I know it is growing monotonous,, but do hang in there a bit longer.

END

Ragnar

Offline Amber

« Reply #39 on: December 20, 2014, 03:38:57 PM »
Tuchuk encountered its next source of water in a four foot deep river.  The bosk were allowed to hyrate, barrels were scrubbed out and filled.  The wagons stopped on the bank and prepared morning meal while general orders were carried out by greasing axels and wheels and caring for the stock.

The column continued to move throughout the day stopping only periodically to tend to the bosk and check over the wagons.

Amber

Offline Amber

« Reply #40 on: December 21, 2014, 12:43:13 PM »
The column has halted a few passangs South of the River of Tears.  The Ubar wishes to cross as day is breaking since it will take the Column many ahn to cross and he doesn't wish to chance it in the dark.

The hours between stopping and when we procede is to assure that Tuchuk prepares as much as they can for the crossing.

Anything that may get ruined while resting on the wagon platforms should be elevated out of range of the water.  After that is done, general orders are to be seen to.

This is our last major obstacle before we settle into our wintering lands.

Amber

Offline Amber

« Reply #41 on: December 22, 2014, 04:26:05 PM »
Healer's Migration Report

The Healer's Clan would like to go on record and say we have no idea how many injured or dead total there was after the River of Tears crossing.  Those who could be released from the medwagon were after their injuries were tended to.

We can safely state that the first medwagon is full and the second one is half full.

Known injuries to members of the Inner Wagons:

Terran -  gored in the left thigh by a bull bosk.

NightStorm - Right ankle broken.

Mercilayne - Scalp laceration.

Shoko - Dislocated knee right knee.

Sidona - Broken right leg - puncture wound to her posterior from a grappling hook.

Amber - Two broken ribs on the right side - strained right hip.

NPC Injuries:

Dochin - HO - Grappling hook entered his armpit and he was nearly drowned.

Boi - UO - Temwood pole through the right side of his chest and exiting from the left

Most of the HO and the UO had injuries but none were life threatening.

Missing:

Salem Khitar

Gheeta

((Apologies if I missed anyone.  I was trying to keep track of everything going on in the room and I may have missed someone or something))

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
« Reply #42 on: December 23, 2014, 02:09:41 PM »
We have arrived.

I can not recall a harder winter migration than this. So many unknown factors, bitter cold, then unbelievable mud. Raids are the norm among the Wagon Peoples, but not usually in such large forces or as numerous.

I can not even begin to describe the RoT crossing. Never before have we taken such casualties or damages, but it was necessary to avoid being caught with the river to our front and the Kataii, followed by the Paravaci and Kassar to our rear.

The encampment if forming from the interior outwards, and should be completed within a day or two tops. The main camp is formed, and now the details must be seen to. Our Standard has been raised and our territory claimed.

We now reside South SW of The Point about two days by kaiila, three by wagon as rule of thumb.

Not a single wagon is without damage to some degree, though all are rolling.

All Oralus will remain on alert until the entire encampment is set up and fortified by regular patrol routes and Unit areas.

The herd will graze to our immediate East, and in two days time be moved to our immediate west. This is when we figure the other Wagon Camps may attempt their crossing of the river.

Game does seem strangely in high abundance, so it should be excellent hunting for Man and beast.

Due to the need for a quick summer migration, Numerous remains of our dead had to be left behind. Once camp is established, ventures will be made to the larger battlefields to recover our own and give them proper pyres. If you come across remains during your travels, hunts, etc, please bring them home, or... visibly mark their location and inform the Healer's Clan so arrangements can be made for respectful recovery and disposition.

Be on the alert for stragglers that may have survived the river crossing. Man and beast.

Initiate repairs to the wagons so you are well aware of the extent of the damages! The First Wagon suffered extensive damage, and will be taken to The Point when we resupply in order for it to be repaired and remodelled. If your wagon(s) Clans included need the same, have them ready to go.

Recover as quickly as possible from migration, but do not do so at the risk of further injuries.

Get all Clans and their wagons fully operational as soon as possible. Many are in need of goods and services.

We will be taking a trip to our friends in Scagnar after we are repaired and established, for all those who wish to come. I personally look forward to it!!!!!

The teams and verr have been set to grazing within the camp. Their function is to lower the grasses in the open and beneath the wagons for security purposes. Use caution moving in and around them. The verr are ornery critters and our bosk are NOT the most pleasant tempered!!!

Each area of the camp will draw two mature bosk, preferably bulls, from the main herd for consumption to supplement their own food stores. NONE should go hungry within the camp.

As Warriors rotate their duty stations, please see that those without family, Companions, or slaves, are fed. A good homecooked meal is appreciated more than you know. At worst, the Cook Clan will work in conjunction with the Healers Clan to provide meals for the time being.

Do not count upon the First Wagon Commissary to provide much in the way of meals. Though the stores did survive, the ability to cook and serve food is nonexistent at this time.

Salem has been located and returned. Gheeta has been located and returned.

Honors are forthcoming when all reports are in and life returns to normalcy.

Assistance and sharing the perils of migration with us during migration was of great value. Our thanks to those of Scagnar who shared in these trials. I hope it brought a greater understanding and appreciation for life among the Tuchuk Wagon People. Your ships sail the Thassa. Our ships navigate the plains. Neither is easy, but both appreciated for what they are. Each has their own specific perils, yet both share many as well.

Further reports are likely forthcoming from Clans and Commanders and Council Members.

WELL DONE!!!!!

Ragnar

Offline Raziel

• WEBMAZE Mod
  • "In time, all things will be revealed."
« Reply #43 on: December 23, 2014, 05:13:02 PM »
Bowyers Clan Report

Well, it was a good thing that bows were issued prior to migration because the Clan wagon is beyond repair.  One wall stands and everything that was in it, tools, pots, lumber are gone.  Everything including the reserve stores of hornbows and arrows are all gone. 

When I stated all that survived was the platform and one wall, that is exactly what survived.  The Clan has also lost 6 bowyers from the clan.

Until we can get to the point and maybe see about a new wagon or enough lumber to build a new one, the Clan will be working out of the Iron Workers Clan wagon.

Oraluman Report

Of my Askaris, the ranks will need replenishing.  The first have lost 112 men, the second have lost 154 to battle and the River of Tears.  I am still awaiting reports from my Outrider Commanders.

My Personal Bowyers, handpicked from all that I command have lost 13 out of the 100.

There were many that should courage and initiative during this migration and it has been noted.  Tuchuk yet survives and with that, life must go on. 

Patrols are being rotated so that the men may spend as much time with their families and on repairs.

I will be putting together a hunting party soon to help bring in some added food stores for Tuchuk.

Raz

Offline Kimba~

• C'est la vie, c'est le Gor.
    • PantherClaw Taluna Jungle Homepage
« Reply #44 on: December 24, 2014, 05:15:05 PM »
After the events detailed in Circe's Tale, Kimba/Aggripina went into deep hiding.  Cosians were after her, and she was mostly broke, but once she was in the Forest, the Cosians were SOL.  She just went deeper and deeper, so far east in fact, that she met the historical Verna on the Forest side of the Sardar.  She resumed a previous alias, from the period between PanterClaw Lair and PantherClaw Taluna Jungle.  It turned out that she had been well-enough known by that name to be returning to a warm welcomes in surprising places, while Circe was running the Storytellers' Guild, but she made sure she got word to Ragnar once in a while to let him know she was still alive.  After Circe's death, and with Juliana clearly not up to the job; Kim had to return to the Guild, after living for considerable time as a relatively ordinary Panther, relearning combat skills she had lost when she broke her arm, and perhaps finding a joy she had lost in all her years wearing The Collar of Leadership.  Today, she is the Head Slaver for a powerful male/female outlaw band (book foundation Arn/Grenna) that controls a fortress on an island off the Forest Coast of Thassa, which is run by a female outlaw (book foundation Tarna), whose combat skills make Kimba look like a proby, though Kim is probably in the top 80 % of all fighters in her area, or higher.  Aggripina runs the Guild from there, and the average person would not know that the Slaver Gia is also Aggripina the Storyteller, wearing different clothing.  Those in the Home know, but keep the secret from strangers, and enjoy playing such as well.

Kim has been sending letters to Ragnar, keeping him posted on her whereabouts and activities.  She performed at the Fair, three days of last weekend, and has been traveling southwards, on a relay of Guild tarnsman. Ragnar has not been surprised by reports of a pair a tarnsmen flying blue with scarlet trim keeping tabs on the final stages of the migration.
Kimba, PantherClaw Taluna Jungle, WM

We have it in our power to begin the world over again.~
Thomas Paine