Author Topic: Watch Commander Log  (Read 1443 times)

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
  • NEVER YIELD - NEVER QUIT
Watch Commander Log
« on: April 12, 2011, 06:10:26 AM »
Had the night watch and all was quiet enough. The warm weather must be having an effect on our people. There were a good thirty wagons rocking during the night at any given time. We may have a population explosion in the near future.

Raziel...

I discoverd two of your ASKARI supposed to be on duty patrolling Clan row behind my wagon. You will find their lances, shields, and bows on your wagon platform outside your doorway. They were too busy wagering on who could hoark a snot rocket the farthest to notice I watched them, took a leak beside the next wagon over, and gathered their gear and left. At least they were awake, just not alert. I realise these warm nights are long and with the Men still being tired from migration they have to find ways to remain awake... but they forgot about the alert aspect of being on watch. I recommend extra drill in full battle dress and no death penalty... but I leave the matter with you since they are in your Unit.

Sarant...

A lamp was left lit and unattended in your main Clan wagon. It was extinguished and the wagon secured. This is how fires start which can cause mass destruction in a camp. Please make your people aware of this and remind them to secure the wagon. We are fresh to the area and our patrols are still gathering intelligence as to threat possibilities.

Healers...

Many Warriors seem to be awake, but quiet... unable to sleep. Cassius among them. If possible can something be done to encourage at least a light sleep before they become casualties.

Given a camp of this size... overall a good peaceful night.

End Report

RAGNAR

Offline razz|n.o.i.r

• TCP
Re: Watch Commander Log
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2011, 03:38:01 PM »
This incident, along with others will be handled. The lamp left lit is inexcusable at any time, let alone now. I will be sure this not only does not happen again. But will tighten the reign on the Clan for other potential errors. Our thanks for the assistance given.
S I l v e r . & . C o l d
Sarant'satsral Onyxbane

IN | T:CP
- P o r t a l . o f . D r e a m s -
-In Mourning-

Offline Taryn

• Finding happiness in glitter and resin
    • Handcrafted Designs by Taithleach
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2011, 09:22:30 PM »
**Healer Report**

Cassius and the other warriors who have been unable to sleep, should no longer have that problem, as I was able to get with them tonight to give them each a small vial of sleeping powder. They have been instructed to use a small amount in whatever they would like to drink, except alcoholic drinks, when they are ready to go to sleep. I have advised them that they should only take it for a hand, at which time they should be able to sleep without the aid of the powder. Though I have asked them to find me if at the end of the hand they are unable to sleep, we would work together to find another way for them to get to sleep without relying on the medication.

I will keep an eye on them during the time they are using this medication to make sure no adverse side effects come about, but I do not foresee any issues arising from this. I will also keep the Commander and Ubar apprised of the situation until it is resolved completely.

Taryn Iona
Senior Healer

**End Report**

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2011, 12:19:55 PM »
Stood Watch Commander during the night. Literally ran my ass ragged.

NightStorm...

One of your male prairie sleen got loose and killed Commander Soongs sow tarsk. He is angry at the loss but accommodating in regards to compensation. The sleen was recaptured and returned to his cage.

Mercilayne....

I was patrolling through the stock area and heard your kaiila snorting more than usual. Investigated and found a thrall saddling your mount and your saddlebags filled with dried bosk, salt, a handaxe, pants, bota, and a small pouch containing five copper. The thrall is chained to your wagon platform by his wrists, his chin just being able to rest on the platform facing your wagon box. Your mount is chained and the saddle and gear was placed over your railing. I gift the thrall to you to do with as you wish.

Salem....

Broke up an argument that became a fight between two of your newer Warriors over ownership of a lance. I gave the one an older lance of mine and that satisfied the situation. Suggest extra duties but leave the matter in your hands.

I ordered the paga wagon closed for the night after a thrall spilled paga on a Warrior, which resulted in a pushing of the thrall into another Warrior resulting in spilling of more paga on another Warrior, etc. One thing led to another and soon the paga wagon area was turned into a free for all. I do not mind such things as it tends to keep Warriors unarmed fighting skills sharp even when intoxicated, but I do mind when it is in the wee hours of the morning. The thrall was given five lashings at dawn for his clumsiness by order of his Mistress, as this was not the first issue she has had with him.

I had Cassius carried to the platform of my Clan wagon to sleep, as his snoring was keeping so many others awake. It is good he finally slept, and did not even awaken when moved. He was still snoring when I went off duty just after dawn. He could rattle the teeth loose in a kaiila's skull when he is that deep in sleep with his snoring. He is worse than a draft tharlarion with a sinus condition.

I commanded Ariakas to bury his boots after noting a stench that made my eyes water when walking downwind of his wagon. He was not happy being awakened, but I was happy after he took his boots outside the camp perimeter and disposed of them.

I had to respond to my own wagon and order prism and lure to stop throwing rocks at tharn and go to sleep. They tried the innocent act but I was not impressed. Tharn tried the "I am so hurt" act and I was not impressed. All was quiet after I left save for the whispering, plotting, and giggling of prism and lure.

Responded to the outer perimeter where Outriders brought in and held a small caravan consisting of a slaver's wagon filled with girls, a Baker and his goods, a general goods trader, and a small Money Lenders wagon and a dozen guards. The wagon and girls were kept and is now parked outside of Sidona's wagon for processing... the Baker was killed as it was discovered his goods were of poor quality, and his wagon is now parked in the Guest freight wagon area... the general trader was permitted to go about his way as he bore the Tuchuk brand... and the Guards, Money Lender, and small wagon just happened to "vanish". Contents of said wagon was added to camp coffers after two silver was given as reward to the Warriors who brought in the caravan.

End Report

RAGNAR

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2011, 06:28:23 AM »
Had the night watch once again.

Lots of noisy sex all over camp and the commissary area needs some attention chels.

Observed Cassius' units conducting night exercises just beyond the camp perimeter for a short while before returning to the main camp. On the way back a small disturbance drew my attention. I groaned under my breath seeing it was a Woman under Sarant in the Hunters Clan. Seems she was awakened by a noise, and in the darkness saw a figure on her wagon platform just outside her window. A rather well built silhouette, obviously a man, she felt was watching her sleep. She grabbed her bow and an arrow and placed an arrow in the shape. It was her thrall who had just returned from making a nature call. Her arrow struck him in the back of the head and dropped him flat on her wagon platform. Nice shot, poor judgement. I had the body dragged away and fed to the sleen after removal of the arrow and barbed tip.

Mercilayne....

Noted the thrall was still positioned in his chains and had him given water but no food. Also... discovered a thrall called gump consuming a bottle of wine beneath your Clan wagon. He stated he had your permission ans was testing it for taste and alcoholic affect. I never heard of doing such a thing in the middle of the night and chained him by his collar to the Clan wagon for you to deal with.

Taryn...

One of Cassius Warriors reported to the med wagon with a broken arm. I hope to get a report on his condition and when he will return to duty or he shall have to be replaced.

Kajira.....

I checked in on the main kennel wagon to take a headcount and found the place in need of a good hard cleaning.

The wagons are in place and ready to head for The Point for resupply tomorrow evening, which should get us there midday the following day if a good steady pace is maintained.

Not a bad watch overall.

End Report

RAGNAR

Offline Mercilayne

• MTC - Vintner Clan Elder
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2011, 05:59:20 PM »
Both incidents have been dealt with.  The thrall that tried to take my kailla is now....Well, let me rephrase.  The body of the thrall that tried to take my kailla was delivered to the sleen area to be used to feed the sleen.  I slit his throat and some reason the fact that seemed to upset the other thrall.  I had taken gump with me after unchaining him from the Clan Wagon to carry the body.  Seems after watching me slit the thrall's throat, gump became very obedient and was very helpful in getting the body to the sleen cages.  Unfortunately, gump was shaking so badly by the time that we made it to the sleen area, that he dropped the body and tripped me up, getting a little blood on my boots.  I reacted and slit gumps throat as well.  I am unsure if his body would be good sleen food or not seeing as how he was hungover still from the amount of alcohol that he had consumed, some of the alcohol might still be in him.  I will leave that decision to NightStorm if she wishes that body for the sleen as well or not. 

Thank you for bringing these things to my attention.

Offline C h e l s i a

• In the end only kindness matters
    • MTC
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2011, 06:03:00 PM »
not having a clue what was wrong with the commisary area,i went ahead and tidied up the area,finding a lone plate that someone must have dropped
everyone sees who i appear to be but only a few know the real me you only see what i choose to show theres so much behind this smile you just dont know

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2011, 12:22:00 PM »
I hate reports.

I sent two Or out on a small raiding expedition. It was successful and no casualties were had. They returned with forty bosk total, a mix of Kassar and Paravaci. They are in the pen in the main area. See to it they are butchered and processed as soon as possible, and their hides disposed of. Leave no trace that can identify them as not being of Tuchuk.

I hate reports.

The wagons all seem ready to move out tonight for resupply at The Point. A small thrall kennel wagon will accompany as the treasury wagon for the journey. It is loaded, under guard, and in formation.

I hate reports.

A child went missing for several ahn and was later discovered in the pen with BERAT. The child seemed to be in no danger and Ubar's bosk seemed a bit upset when she was removed and returned to her parents.

I hate reports.

Ubar slept in his Clan wagon overnight. Maybe some day he will return to his wagon's sleeping chamber. That remains to be seen. Obviously sleeping in less secure areas and with less comfort has sharpened his reactions. As I was leaving his wagon platform one small creak of the platform took place and he was wide awake, quiva in hand ready to act. I made no sound on my approach. My hearing is not that accute when I am wide awake. It is impressive to say the least.

I hate reports.

Pheng reported off duty to go to the med wagon to get his head stitched up. His companion struck him with a skillet. Under normal circumstances she would likely not have fared very well, but after the first hundred years of Companionship I suppose they have grown used to one another.

I hate reports.

End of hated Report.

Cassius