Author Topic: In Memoriam - Nexhias  (Read 7746 times)

kelsey

Re: In Memoriam - Nexhias
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2009, 02:48:10 PM »
My beloved Sister

You often told me I gave you strength in being so public about my battle with breast cancer, yet, it was you who gave me that strength this past year.  Anytime I felt scared or down, I thought of you and what you endured and somehow my fear diminished.

You will be missed.  You are loved.  We will see each other again.

Kels/Nancy

Offline Amber

• Turns Out - I'm Smarter than a House Plant
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2009, 05:00:14 PM »
Every time I try to post, I burst into tears.  I just.. do not know what to say in memory of this beautiful woman who, without any terms or conditions accepted me.. and the Tuchuk me as her Daughter.  I.. I just can't put it into words.

Offline Fishy!

« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2009, 05:04:25 PM »
I had something pretty to say...

I was gonna explain how much Nexhias, and moreso Brandy, would be missed...

but what can any of us say that would do her justice? to properly explain how she touched everyones lives?

I guess that in reality that proves my point, she was simply indescribeable...

She will be missed.... and loved and remembered.

-edits to add-

Ive been looking for something... it was a beautiful quote... and I finally found it... after searching the boards... and rightfully enough they were from Nex's own mouth just a scant time ago...

Look out for one another, my Family- for it is in one another that we find our reasons for living.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2009, 05:53:51 PM by Shoko »

Offline ~Meg~

• Watches ya outta the corner of my eye!!!
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2009, 05:11:34 PM »
My Thoughts and Prayers go out to her Friends and Her Family..
One day at a time is enough....Don't look back and grieve the past, it's gone....And Don't be troubled about the future, It has not come yet....Live in the present and make it so beautiful it will be worth remembering...

Offline aisling{MTC}

« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2009, 05:27:53 PM »
~sighs softly with a sad heart~
I did not have the privilege to know Her as many of you do. Though from what I did know, she was good of heart, warm of spirit and most especially...loved by this family of hers.
For all the things I can not say, I recalled this and instantly thought of Her.

Death is nothing at all.
It does not count.
I have only slipped away into the next room.
Everything remains as it was.
The old life that we lived so fondly together is untouched, unchanged.
Whatever we were to each other, that we are still.
Call me by the old familiar name.
Speak of me in the easy way which you always used.
Put no sorrow in your tone.
Laugh as we always laughed at the little jokes that we enjoyed together.
Play, smile, think of me, pray for me.
Let my name be ever the household word that it always was.
Let it be spoken without  effort
Life means all that it ever meant. It is the same as it ever was.
There is unbroken continuity.
Why should I be out of mind because I am out of sight?
I am but waiting for you, for an interval, somewhere very near, just around the corner.
All is well. Nothing is hurt; nothing is lost.
One brief moment and all will be as it was before.
How we shall laugh at the trouble of parting,  when we meet again.

With love
aisling

Offline Serinna

« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2009, 05:51:38 PM »
I don't know what I can say or do. I sit here trying to think of something and all I can do is just that.... sit here...

You never let Me believe or even think I was any less than what I am. You will forever be missed

My condolences to all that are saddened by this loss.

Seri
« Last Edit: February 17, 2009, 06:59:14 PM by Serinna »
"born on the waters of the Thassa but My life is on the plains of Tuchuk"

Offline Salem

« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2009, 07:09:05 PM »
I have spent a better part of today trying to come up with how I might convey my sadness with the loss of such a great friend and family member. And after looking through and reading everyone elses thoughts so far on this, I still find myself coming up empty. It being said already, I have to agree, she was indescribable. I did not know her like others did, but I will always be thankful for a couple of talks that she and I shared some time ago, as well as her compassion and friendship during the time I shared with her in Tuchuk. She truly did love us all, and I know that despite the void that is left in her absence from this world, she will never be forgotten by her family, on this earth and in a fictional savage world we all were priviledged to explore with her.

I am soon to follow her path, and serve my country overseas, and I will go with her bravery and strength and memory to guide me.

Thank you Brandy, for being our Sister, our Ubara, but most importantly, our friend. I will miss you and think of you always.

Rob
When you go home, tell them of us and say, for their tomorrow, we gave our today. -John Maxwell Edmonds

Offline LadyMuse

« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2009, 07:49:39 PM »
 Simply put, You will be missed My Sister. But I am sure the Goddess has uses for you yet and we shall meet again one day.

LM/Christine

Offline Huntress

« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2009, 08:22:23 PM »
Sometimes words can not express what I feel.

Nexhias/Brandy was a dear and treasured friend, indeed a woman warrior and a beloved person. Her loss will be felt forever in my heart.

I made Brandy a promise that when this time came I would do something special to honor her, she gave her consent on this and was pleased with the idea.

You will be missed, but always you will be with me...

Vala

"It is said that only the heart of the mountain larl brings more luck then that of the vicious ,cunning sleen."
Outlaw of Gor, p. 37

Offline Sidona

• WM Tuchuk Council
  • First Slaver ~ MTC
« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2009, 08:53:50 PM »
I'm at a loss for words.
I know I will miss Brandy so very much.
I also know She's at peace and is watching over us all.

She will forever and always be in my heart and memory.
~*~~*~

Offline Taryn

• Finding happiness in glitter and resin
    • Handcrafted Designs by Taithleach
« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2009, 10:20:05 PM »
(22:35:42 ) nicki ~o~ : i can tel brandy ws loved by u all i found somethin on her computr 2day that is ment for u all & id like 2 share it wit u

A Love Letter for Tuchuk

Oh, my family.. what a joy and blessing you have been to me! From my my first days as a goofy Free Woman to the days I was lucky enough to become Ubara, I have experienced nothing short of a miracle with you. So few are as fortunate as I have been-- for I have witnessed and experienced love, growth, and acceptance in a circle of people who have become more dear to me than air. You've given to me hope-- and hope is a wonderful thing indeed. It can drive us to achieve goals that we never thought possible.. and it can give us a reason for being. You became that reason for me.

I have no doubt that my passing may cause a tear or two.. but do not weep for more than a moment's time for me. I am Home, and in the presence of a love that can only be matched by that which you have given to me. Yet even now I am with you, watching each of you from the skies grow into the person you are meant to be and beaming with pride-- for in life, I was able to call you my friends, my family.

I want and need for you to know that even as I write this, I have a sense of peace. My body is broken; it has been for a long time... but I feel as if everything is going to be all right. I am not afraid of what lies ahead for me.. but I am sad that I cannot be here in the flesh to share my love with you. So I will take this opportunity to write my love letter for my family now, and to share with you this-- you will continue to be loved. Love is one of those things that even death will bow down in the presence of--and mine for you, my family, is doubled simply because I know that you have loved me as much in return. It matters not that if we argued in my time here, or if we were the best of friends: you were mine, each and every one of you, for a little while. And for that, I thank you.

If my passing can leave you with anything, I hope it is this: love one another, take time to laugh with one another. Stop and smell the roses-- even when you think your own flower bed is full of weeds. Know who you are, and relish your strengths and your flaws-- they are what makes you unique. Lastly... do what you have always done-- look after one another. Keep those ties that bind you together tied tightly. It is the reason I fell in love with you as my family, and the reason that my love for all of you will go on, long after the heart stops beating.

Loving you from afar,

Brandy

Offline Taryn

• Finding happiness in glitter and resin
    • Handcrafted Designs by Taithleach
« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2009, 10:25:36 PM »
It's taken me so many hours to write something about Nex/Brandy, in fact, it feels like days... Everything said by everyone here said everything about her... She had a spirit about her that was unique, I remember talking to her one night about a year ago or it was longer, she was excited about going fishing with the guys of her family, her brothers, uncles and father, she was joking about having to take half of her hospital room with her, but even with that overshadowing things, she was so looking forward to it.. Joking that it was going to take a huge truck to just get her and all her machines together, and then there was the boat itself... ~laughs softly~

Even when things were going not so right with her, she would take time out to talk to those who needed a shoulder or an ear to vent into... There were times when I used both, to cry and vent, on things that were going on in my life, and then I would stop and tell her that I shouldn't dump things on her when she had so much going on with herself, she would tell me that everyone needs to vent and to cry, that at that moment I was that person.. I felt selfish for dumping on her, but in the end I felt as if things were going to be alright...

I had taken a week or two to think about something I wanted to do to show her how much she meant to me, I didn't discuss it with anyone, because I didn't know what the response was going to be, that choice I made was to ask her to become my Blood Sister, my True... Something that I felt was a way to show her that I felt her more than just a Sister in camp, but in real life... When I approached her and told her what I had been thinking about and if she would like to be my True Sister, she smiled and said yes.. That night as we joined together, mixing our blood with one another, gave me a feeling that I still can't put into words... Forever and a day she is my Sister in life as well as death, nothing can change that, and I hope nothing ever will...

I am not one for words, though at times I am gifted with the ability to do flowing posts, stories or poetry, that's not what belongs here, at least not to me...There are so many things that come to mind when I think of Brandy, her full of life spirit that kept going even when she wasn't feeling herself, then there was Nexhias, a woman who stormed into camp, being the feisty and insane person that she was, to a woman who stepped up into a role that was hard to begin with and became the beautiful, strong and caring woman she always had been... She may have said she changed after becoming Ubara and Council, but she didn't, not to me... She always told us the way it was and she still did... No title could change her, Nexhias was her more so than anything... I was lucky to be able to know her as long as I did, she touched me in so many ways, allowed me to take another look at myself and see something that I had been ignoring, my own strength and passion for who and what I am..

Brandy/Nexhias, no time will lessen the hurt of your passing, but everytime I look to the sky or look around me, I will think of you, pointing you to see the beauty of what I see through my eyes... You will never be far from my heart, mind or soul... I treasure the time I was able to know you, and I know that you are now at peace, no longer hurting... You get to see the world as none of us get to until it's our time to join you, though I know you hope that time is longer than you got to spend with us all...

I love and miss you my Sister, True, the bond of blood holds us together not only in a physical sense, but in spirit, until we meet again, I will listen for your words or laughter on the wind or breeze... Goodbye for now...

Diane/Taryn Iona

Offline kay

« Reply #27 on: February 18, 2009, 04:56:36 AM »

I am SO sorry for everyone's loss here.  Nexhias sounded like a genuine and vibrant lady.  Each and everyone of you are in my thoughts and prayers!  She was blessed to have you as friends and you were blessed to have her as a friend.

Offline NightStorm

• WM Tuchuk Council
« Reply #28 on: February 18, 2009, 05:32:41 AM »
What can I say, my friend.....
except that you are loved and will be missed.  Everyone has echoed my feelings so much better than I could.  You hold a special place in my heart, as you do in so many others. 

You fought a good fight.  You finished your course.  You kept your faith.  You won the race.  Rest now.

My prayers go out to Brandy's family.  May God grant you peace in these tough times.

NightStorm/Pat
« Last Edit: February 18, 2009, 06:51:42 AM by NightStorm »
I am selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes. I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best...~~~Marilyn Monroe~~~

Offline Krul

« Reply #29 on: February 18, 2009, 06:19:23 AM »
To a wonderful Friend

You're the bravest person I've known ... and I'll miss you very much.

Rest now you fought well
Krul