Author Topic: movies n stuff  (Read 12939 times)

Offline Lilac

movies n stuff
« on: February 25, 2009, 05:56:26 PM »
Lots of people listed what movies they were looking forward to seeing over the holidays.. so... what did ya see?  what did ya like?

I saw..
Doubt - great acting.. thats about it.
Marley - Saw it on Xmas..  Xmas was  bummer for movies.. everything we saw on and around it was sad.. this one made me a basket case.. I was crying.. got out of the movie.. went into the bath room and was sobbing..  it was a train wreck.. timing is everything.. mine wasnt very good
Seven Pounds - also very good.. and I love Will Smith, but yeah, bring tissues for this one too.
The Curious Case of Benjamin Buttons- very good.. but guess what.. yeah.. sad.. and no he doesnt revert to a wet spot.. was kinda bummed about that.
Underworld, Rise of the Lycans - um.. werewovles and vampires.. need I say more??? 
Taken - This one was REALLY good.. and who really wants to mess with "Darkman" come on.. are ya stupid?
Paul Blart Mall Cop - I was pleasently suprised.. this was actually pretty funny
Gran Torino - OMG LOVED IT LOVED IT LOVED IT.. Clint does it to me every single time.. for some reason when I hear clint directed it, it puts me off for some reason, then when I see it, I absolutly love it.. happened with Changeling too..
Push - was good.. but would have been better if I would have just killed the @$$ behind me that coughed and snotted on me the whole movie.. and yeah.. as I left I did let him know he was an @$$
Yes Man- also very fun, welcome back Jim Carey
more recently
Pink Panther 2 - um.. yeah.. not as good as the first one.. again, maybe it was the annoying woman behind me that talked all the way through it and dumped her popcorn into a plastic bag and then proceeded to chew it with her mouth open.. -shakes head- Seriously..
Slumdog Millionare - This was another suprise.. very very good.. the poop scene is a little ew. but when ya know how they did it, then its not so bad, but I dont EVER think I will be visiting india..

looking forward to
WATCHMEN!!!  got tickets to the premier sneek peek thing next Tues.. yea!!
X-Men Origins: Wolverine - yea!!!!!
Race to Witch Mountain.. - um.. yeah ok.. but its the "Rock" come on.. I will watch him in anything.. example DOOM, a guilty pleasure
Knowing - love Nick Cage, I hope this one goes better then some of his has.. it looks super good though
Monsters vs Aliens - Animation, its not just for kids any more..
The Fast and the Furious.. again, much like the Rock... It friggin Vin :)
Transformers
Harry Potter
Crank 2 - a little worried about this one.. but Jason S.  yeah.. I know.. what ever.

sorry I have rambled on long enough.. can ya tell what one of my favorite things to do is?  no no.. not ramble on.. geez.

Lilac

In the end we're all just chalk lines on the the concrete.  Drawn only to be washed away. For the time I've been given, I am what I am

Offline Fishy!

Re: movies n stuff
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2009, 06:01:57 PM »
-boggles at you- goddam you watch alot of movies!

but yeah.... WOLVERINE!!!!!

Offline Lilac

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2009, 06:17:46 PM »
lol - yeah.. I know.. I go every sunday :)  love movies.. for a couple hours I can loose myself, not worry about anything just relax..

In the end we're all just chalk lines on the the concrete.  Drawn only to be washed away. For the time I've been given, I am what I am

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
  • NEVER YIELD - NEVER QUIT
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2009, 06:38:04 PM »
« Last Edit: February 25, 2009, 06:43:21 PM by RAGNAR »

Offline Taryn

• Finding happiness in glitter and resin
    • Handcrafted Designs by Taithleach
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2009, 06:59:02 PM »
I want to see both of those as well... Another one I want to see is Defiance...

Offline Fishy!

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2009, 06:59:36 PM »
sooo..... Rags wants to see... zombie Nazis eating tourists....

and...

Brad pitt.... collecting Nazi scalps?

-shakes head-

Offline Salem

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2009, 07:39:34 PM »
I want to see the new live action G.I. Joe movie coming out, and of course X-Men Origins.
When you go home, tell them of us and say, for their tomorrow, we gave our today. -John Maxwell Edmonds

Offline prism {*RgR*1*}

• Da woobster
  • There are more than angels watching over me
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2009, 07:42:12 AM »
*looks at Shoko*

if it is ANY kind of war movie, He will watch it.  And at least 4 dozen times.. LOL

Me, I wait till things come on "On Demand" on cable.. so I finally got to see The Bucket List,.. I loved it.

~*~~*~
Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders & says...

'Oh shit....she's awake!!'

~*~~*~

Offline Amber

• Turns Out - I'm Smarter than a House Plant
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2009, 08:56:04 AM »
Ok sooo.. I wanna see Watchmen, Monsters vs. Aliens.. And Coraline.. and Harry Potter... And GI Joe.. And Star Trek (The kid who plays Kirk is HAWT) and the Wolverine movie.. And despite the idea that it is absolutely ridiculous that another Fast and Furious movie is coming out... Original Cast?  I'll watch.  Paul Walker.. Mmmm.. Vin Diesel... Mmmmm.

Offline Alex

• Wapike
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2009, 08:58:19 AM »
DragonBall Evolution.... Transformers 2... HP and whatever else Beau and Amber Drag me too
bye bye!

Offline Taryn

« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2009, 09:36:40 AM »
~cries at the thought of DragonBall Evolution~ Just know that sequels and comic book turned movies will always be snubbed by the Academy, though... the President of the Academy is finally stepping down after serving for the past 10 years, I am hoping the next one they vote in to replace him will bring back the heart of the Oscars again... Most of the movies that were nominated came out at the very end of the voting season and a lot of movies got ignored...

Offline Alex

• Wapike
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2009, 10:37:12 AM »
~cries at the thought of DragonBall Evolution~ Just know that sequels and comic book turned movies will always be snubbed by the Academy, though... the President of the Academy is finally stepping down after serving for the past 10 years, I am hoping the next one they vote in to replace him will bring back the heart of the Oscars again... Most of the movies that were nominated came out at the very end of the voting season and a lot of movies got ignored...

Why are you crying at the thought of the best movie of all time to come out for a z head.. seriously.. this movie will rock!!!!
bye bye!

Offline Shylina Marie

« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2009, 12:03:51 PM »
I know I may catch heck for this.... but I would encourage others to see the movie  "Fireproof"  I don't get to go to the theaters so I have to wait for things to get dropped where we can download them or we can rent the dvd.  I can't wait to see the other movies... I haven't gone to a movie theater in ...16 years now.  I know I want to see most of the ones that Lilac already has....and many others.  just remember. bring home a poor bosk herder some popcorn once in  a while ok
Never Meddle in the Affairs of a Dragon.  for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
  • NEVER YIELD - NEVER QUIT
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2009, 01:37:47 PM »
WAILS!!!

My Kingdom of Heaven disk is wearing out!!!

*Throws myself on the floor in death spasms.*

Offline Taryn

« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2009, 02:16:08 PM »
~glances to Rags and shakes my head~ Get another one and this time copy the disc, if you can't, I will see about getting my nephew to do so for you... As that is how I have been getting movies before, at least the ones my sister, mom or he has, he burns a copy and sends it my way...

Alex, I got burnt out on Dragonball Z back when the people who created it tried for nearly 6 years straight at San Diego Comic-Con to get it picked up... Everyone, and I do mean everyone, was nearly bouncing off the walls when it was announced that a company finally picked it up and we wouldn't be hit with the "teasers" while waiting for certain highly popular and capacity panels were waiting for the panelists to show up... ~smirks~ So, I am one of those who really can't stand the show or anything that has to do with it... Sorry...

~slips out before I start rambling more~