Author Topic: Bola Race  (Read 1676 times)

kelsey

Bola Race
« on: April 29, 2009, 06:43:18 PM »
I tried to take the concept from the books and work in the dice roller.  Here is the breakdown of how it will work.

starting with the slave, each makes a stance post:

kadi
{Kels}
pagar
healing slave

says to Kelsey: she stands in the circle her eyes darting back and forth to the mounted Rider, the thoughts going through her head, she had to win, she had to reach the post before being caught, ok now calm down kadi you can do it, she settles down and gets herself ready to ran, she stood on the edge of the circle and with one leg forwards a bit she leaned over waiting on the word to run

Kelsey
First Healer/Sr. Slave Coordinator
Council
OOOO
MTC

on the outskirts of the camp
says to kadi{Kels}pagarhealing s
I held Coveted in check as she pawed the ground with her claws.....the bola dangled from my fingertips as I considered the girl on the ground beside me......shifting in my saddle I gave the command she was waiting for*...Run girl!

next two posts are the starting runs for both the slave and the Free

kadi
{Kels}
pagar
healing slave

says to KelseyFirst Healer/Sr. S: she heard the word she was waiting for and started to ran, she went out of the circle like a arrow from a bow she knew that she did not have a lot of time to get ahead befor the Rider started out on the kaiila, she ran straight and true she would wait till the Rider was near before she started to make her move

Kelsey
Council
OOOO
MTC

nearby a young unscarred youth counted out the beats of his kaiil'a heart......Coveted sensed the game and pranced in a tight circled...when the count of 30 was called, I dug my heels into her sides and she leapt forward, her claws chruning up the ground as she chased the kajira ahead of her....guiding her with my knees, I twirled the bola....

The next posts are the slave's evasion post and the throw

kadi
{Kels}
pagar
healing slave

says to KelseyFirst Healer/Sr. S: she had counted 30 in her mind and knew that the Rider was on the way, a kaiila was fast and she soon heard the hooves coming up behind her, she was glad that her Mistress had made her run every day she was not out of breathe and could still ran faster if needed, soon she heard the whizz the bola made as it was being twirled, wait, dont go to soon, her heart was beating against her breast bone as she heard the kaiila come closer then suddenly she weaves left and runs on before going to the right hoping to put the Rider off and miss with the throw

Kelsey
Council
OOOO
MTC

*grins as the slave in front of me starts to weave left then right....prssing the flanks of the kaiila and urging her on, the bola twirled faster and faster until finally I released it so that if flew low to wrap around the girl's knees and bring her down if the throw was successful

the slave rolls 1 six sided dice.  You need a 5 or 6 to avoid the bola

bot says to KelseyFirst Healer/Sr. S: kadi{Kels}pagarhealing s: *** rolls dice ***
[1] 6 sided dice (4) = 4
total = 4

If kadi had rolled a 5 or 6, she avoids the bola and the race is over

kadi
{Kels}
pagar
healing slave

says to KelseyFirst Healer/Sr. S: feels the thongs of the bola wrap round her knees and falls to the ground, she quickly sits up trying to unwrap the bola before the Rider reaches her

Kelsey
Council
OOOO
MTC

: the bola wraps around her, bringing her down....Coveted quickly closes the distance and comes to a skidding halt...leaping from the saddle and lifting the squirming girl and tossing her over the saddle...I mounted the kaiila and secured the struggling girl to the saddle and wheeling coveted around, starts back.

the slave gets an opportunity to get away....this time the Free will roll the dice to see if it is successful...if the Free rolls a 5 or 6, the slave wiggles free and gets away.

kadi
{Kels}
pagar
healing slave

says to KelseyFirst Healer/Sr. S: feels herself lifted and thrown over the kaiila and the Rider mount, she is tired to the saddle before the animal is turned and she feels it ranning back to the start, she started to wiggle trying to get herself free from the bonds and off the kaiila this was her last chance to beat the bola and she have a damn good go at it

bot : KelseyFirst Healer/Sr. S: *** rolls dice ***
[1] 6 sided dice (5) = 5
total = 5

If I had rolled a 1-4, kadi's attempt to free herself is unsuccessful and I return to the starting point with her and win.

Kelsey

Council
OOOO
MTC
: curses as you manage to free yourself and slide from the saddle to the ground