Author Topic: Men's topic 09-24-09  (Read 3234 times)

Offline Raziel

• WEBMAZE Mod
  • "In time, all things will be revealed."
Men's topic 09-24-09
« on: September 24, 2009, 02:46:34 PM »
"Gorean men do not surrender their birthright as males, their rightful dominance, their appropriate mastery. They do not choose to be dictated to by females."
Page 51 - Magicians of Gor

What does this say about Gorean men in your own words and do you think it also applies to you?

Raz

Offline Alex

• Wapike
Re: Men's topic 09-24-09
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2009, 09:05:05 PM »
In my own words, to be a Gorean Male is to know how to carry yourself, to not pay attention to the wants of a women, as it regards a FM. The FM, Has his duty, his Honor, and his own Courage. Those are rights that are instilled into him from birth. In my own point of view those are driving points in a FM's way of Life. For him to let or have any other reason become a driving force would weaken his own sense as a male. Case In point. A FM could see an FW doing a task or Duty incorrectly, but does not act for his own benefit. He should correct the FW, slave thrall, whomever in any capacity, but he doesnt as a benefit to himself. That is weakening Ones self and unbecoming of a FM. His Duty is his Life, His Honor would be shaken, His Courage lessened. Women are of the best in Gor In our own Family, but as a whole, in the world of Gor, we cannot think as Such. To expect women to carry themselves as we have been accustomed to in MTC.  They Are of a higher regard. So to Show weakness by changing oneself to whim of a women weakens the Male in his own morals and thoughts, In that he is just as lowly as the thrall or slave that brings him his water, or food. He must be true to himself and his family in every way possible. by doing that he will Honor those that have given him the birthright he has. Being true to the women whom brought him into this world. Being true to the Healers that heal him. To Be himself is honing his birthright and therefore serving his camp and family in the best way he can.. So to give up his own birthright, is a way for an FM to not be true to himself, and leads down a path of becoming something other than a true FM of Gor.
In ending, by keeping to an FM's Birthright as the way of Truelly being himself.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2009, 09:44:44 PM by Wapike »
bye bye!

Offline Terran

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2009, 09:53:37 PM »
Well, its ingrained into the DNA of a Gorean Man to be free. From birth they are expected to be master and dominator...they are trained that the world is of Man, and it will remain as such...making each man a proud one. Men are expected to be provider and protecter, Master and Ubar within the circle of their own sword. They are trained to be in control. Their lives are only dictated by themselves. Men control Gor, so having their lives dictated by a woman would go against everything they know to be true.

Now, for the second part...I would say yes, it does apply to me. I was raised free and would never give up that freedom. I am a proud Man, though I am also a humble one. I make my own choices, and no woman..or broader, no one, will make them for me. Though I may take the opinions of anyone into consideration, the choices made are ultimately mine to make...not someone else's.
Opinions are like assholes...everyone has one just some are louder than others.

Offline Tgol

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2009, 10:43:03 AM »
The Gorean Man is trained and raised with the knowledge of his place in society from birth and his relationship with women, be they free or slave. This knowledge is so deeply set that only the weakest of men would bear to be enslaved to anyone, let alone a woman. No Gorean man will choose to be dictated to by a woman because he understands his place.....Take a look at those who were captured by Panthers in Hunters of Gor....they were marked to show that they had been bested by women, but did not choose to let that happen, nor did they change after it wasdone to them...they still stood upright and looked at the women as they were, women......

Personally I believe it applies to me in that I make my own choices and will exact my mastery and domination as it benefits my Home and Family....for the Courage and Honour that I have and get are the core of who I am...